Corporate Branding of Artist's - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Corporate Branding of Artist's
Old 3rd February 2009
Corporate Branding of Artist's

Just read a disturbing article right here @

Brand sponsors - 'The most worrying trend in music' • The Register

and frankly I'm disgusted.

"Sponsorship by corporate brands will replace the disappearing record labels..."

Now I could,like many others, rant on and create a giant dfegadfight about corporations owning everything,supporting slave labor ,negative impacts on community,enviorment,health,local business outsourcing,their right to act as a "legal person",etc.....BUT now they're going to brand and sponsor artists;ultimately controlling everything about their careers by contractual obligation?!?! I mean did everyone forget were in the art business?!

oh here's this beautiful monet,dali, or the statue of david....brought you by trojan!

I mean where does it stop? And any "artist" that would ever sell themselves for a whole **** load of money should burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.(luckily for their sake, I doubt it even exists)In fact, I would have to go as far to say it could very well create a counter movement and divide of Corporately Owned Bands vs. independently run. I would have to think, that any artist ( being a person who has a message,a cause, purpose- morals, zing, wouldn't support such a system.

The article further goes on to say...

"I can't see this new music business producing another Bob Dylan - or anyone like that who openly defies corporatization,"...

BULL****-

Anyway, their are lots of threads that can tie in with this post about the value of music,depreciation, and all their x,y,z variables as to what and why.. but really it seems to me that the people need music that is unique,independent,with a purpose and a leader ahead of the impeding catastrophe- that has impact and resonates in the people like the notes and frequencies in the music.....

Time shall tell I suppose,

but what do you fellow slutz think?
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_headphones ➡️
but what do you fellow slutz think?
Artists have to eat too, you know. And labels are corporations. So, I think that this is nothing new. Ever hear of the Medici family, just to name a very obvious example?

There will always be smart art patrons and dumb ones. The dumb ones will want to brand everything as if it was their own output. The smart ones will allow art to flourish unimpeded. It's up to the really clever artists to find their way to have their voices heard.

May you, my friend, sell out as well. On your own terms, of course.

Cheers,
++aldo
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…