Quantcast
I absolutely HATE Apple Computers! PC for Me! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I absolutely HATE Apple Computers! PC for Me!
Old 1st February 2009
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
I absolutely HATE Apple Computers! PC for Me!

dfegadi absolutely hate apple. never liked it.

I hate the Operating System. its boring. its over priced.

its overated. People only like its cause its Ameircan company or whateva reason

F*ck that i love my PC if you dont like it fuuck
Old 1st February 2009
  #2
GS Community Manager
 
Whitecat's Avatar
Old 1st February 2009
  #3
Lives for gear
 
nick-the-sax's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
apple customer support is a pain in the arse. seriously.

but the computers are good and i've always found them easy to use. with PCs each company's very different from one another which makes an awful lot of variables.

did you have a bad apple experience?
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
lol i just never liked apple since its existence.

dont like the OS and they cost twice as much
Old 2nd February 2009
  #5
Lives for gear
 
rmx16's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch Trakz ➑️
dfegadi absolutely hate apple. never liked it.

I hate the Operating System. its boring. its over priced.

its overated. People only like its cause its Ameircan company or whateva reason

F*ck that i love my PC if you dont like it fuuck
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #6
GS Community Manager
 
Whitecat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch Trakz ➑️
lol i just never liked apple since its existence.

dont like the OS and they cost twice as much
umm, how old are you?

you had a burning hatred of apple in 1984 as well? or earlier, if you take the actual Mac out of the equation?

Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
barbital's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Macs are great computers, so are PCs. Work with whatever you prefer. For me I'm considering the new white 13" macbook with an Apogee Duet for mobile use and for recording vocal/guitar takes through it's nice preamps.

Ben
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #8
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick-the-sax ➑️
apple customer support is a pain in the arse. seriously.

but the computers are good and i've always found them easy to use. with PCs each company's very different from one another which makes an awful lot of variables.

did you have a bad apple experience?

Being able to configure your own computer is great (money saving+fun). Its not really that hard too. You just install windows and rest is up to you for customizing (and the less stuff you install-the faster it becomes).
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #9
Moderator
 
narcoman's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker ➑️
Being able to configure your own computer is great (money saving+fun). Its not really that hard too. You just install windows and rest is up to you for customizing (and the less stuff you install-the faster it becomes).
no but it IS boring. It's pretty much the only reason I dumped 14PCs and replaced them with 11 MACs last year.

Nothing wrong with Windows - it's microsoft's unfortunate cross to bear - supporting the 90% crap hardware made by most companies out there.....
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
lblstudio's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Sweet! More for me!heh
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Head
 
🎧 10 years
fine choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbital ➑️
Macs are great computers, so are PCs. Work with whatever you prefer. For me I'm considering the new white 13" macbook with an Apogee Duet for mobile use and for recording vocal/guitar takes through it's nice preamps.

Ben
Not that it matters, but I have a white Macbook & Apogee Duet, and can't recommend the combination highly enough. Immensely portable & beautiful sound.

peter
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #12
Registered User
 
🎧 10 years
$1900 2 X Processor, Xeon QC E5462 2.80GHz
$500 Intel Mother Board ( Dual Gigabit, Dual Firewire 400 + 800, 6x SATA connectors)
$400 1200 Watt PSU
$75 Hard Drive
$40 DVD Drive
$150 Video Card
$125 Vista OS
$100 case (cheap tin)
$400 (4 hrs of lost studio time time building and troubleshooting plus add on a couple more hours for going to different companies to buy all the parts)
$3690

$3000 Mac Pro with Applecare 3 Yrs of Warranty

Macs are not more expensive ...
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
uptheoctave's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #14
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
isnt osx 129 bucks with 5 installiations, while xp or vista is 300 dollars per computer??
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #15
Gear Guru
 
AllAboutTone's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
I would seriously think about closing up shop if it was not for Apple. PCs ???? well i lost interest in them about 12 years ago.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #16
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
lol @ 'it's boring'
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #17
Gear Addict
 
Funk Dracula's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #18
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years


yea i hate it since 1984. im old enough.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #19
Gear Guru
 
Sqye's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave ➑️
.

omg ...classic.....wtf did you find that?....

.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqye ➑️
.

omg ...classic.....wtf did you find that?....

.
easy! its reflection off the mirror!

jk lol
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
barbital's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I'm seriously considering selling my PC (and my MiniDAC/firewire) and just buying a little 13" white macbook with a Duet and calling it a day. I know I could find a buyer for the MiniDAC, and could easily land $1000+ Aussie Dollars for it.

Ben
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #22
Gear Maniac
 
🎧 10 years
ok ok. im being a dick. but truth is that i was never fan of apples for the simple fact i just hate the operating system. i dont like the look of it either. but i heard the new ones run windows now? so which should be coo. i still think its overpriced. but i noticed its preffered with the musicians?
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #23
Moderator
 
narcoman's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch Trakz ➑️
ok ok. im being a dick. but truth is that i was never fan of apples for the simple fact i just hate the operating system. i dont like the look of it either. but i heard the new ones run windows now? so which should be coo. i still think its overpriced. but i noticed its preffered with the musicians?
you're just not used to it. In use it's pretty much the same as windows. Drag n drop, does what you need etc etc..... Handles third party software much better than windows - if some s/w craps out it rarely means the MAC craps out too.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
mmm...so I guess not many like more options when buying a computer? I can't say much about pricing couse apple's are like %60 more expensive where I live.

Maybe its me being a geek but configuring the system for speed (software-hardware), being able to place coolers for a more silent computer, Cuda, being able to use programs no matter how old they are, more options on software, being able to use the old part on new computer... I see these as ton's of advantage when compared to apple.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #25
Moderator
 
narcoman's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker ➑️
mmm...so I guess not many like more options when buying a computer? I can't say much about pricing couse apple's are like %60 more expensive where I live.

Maybe its me being a geek but configuring the system for speed (software-hardware), being able to place coolers for a more silent computer, Cuda, being able to use programs no matter how old they are, more options on software, being able to use the old part on new computer... I see these as ton's of advantage when compared to apple.
My new Macs (for there be many) cost no more than my old high spec PCs when I changed over.

The Macs are about the same noise wise - doesn't mater because they are all in a machine room

You can't use most old PC programs on new windows. It's about the same for Macs.

Configurability is bunk in computer - I used to work on Silicon Graphics machines in the 90's - they were configurable. But its apples for pears. Much of a muchness. Many spend ages getting a PC configured to the same spec as a modern Mac. And end up spending a lot more money.

Sure - all should do what they like - but there are no advantages in using a PC. It's just different. For me - the tech keep up on 11 machines is a no no so Macs are he way. They all work the same. They all work exactly out of the box. Just like my console and outboard. I no longer have ANY interest in being a computer technician !!
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone ➑️
well i lost interest in them about 12 years ago.
thatΒ΄s the reason. mac was awesome compared 12 years ago.

most graphics and audio-schools started on mac ~20 years ago. why should they change? so every graduate will work on mac, never really trying to work on a quality-pc.

iΒ΄m working on both, none is better.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
voicegenius's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Three words: PC's are awful...
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Being able to configure your own computer is great (money saving+fun).
If it's fun for you then go for it...I can think of nothing less fun than dealing with the hassle of configuring a PC for audio production, especially with all of the compatibility issues, etc out there...I don't hate PCs and I don't love Apple computers...my feelings towards the computers themselves are fairly ambivalent...but I use Apple compouters, and if I were to purchase a PC at some point I'd probably buy one of the audio-specific ones that costs about the same as a Mac...it'd be worth it to me.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
jeremy.c.'s Avatar
I think the whole PC vs. Mac debate has finally reached it's pinnacle.
You can turn off the cognitive dissonance echo chamber now, pick up a book and go outside and read under a tree (weather permitting).

dfegad...or you can keep PC/Mac bashing. Mac vs. PC is the new ********* vs. **********s.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
  #30
Lives for gear
 
d1rtynyc's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
I hate macs & pcs. I just crunch the numbers in my brain.
You should hear my Neve emulations.
πŸ“ Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump