Quantcast
I absolutely HATE Apple Computers! PC for Me! - Page 5 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I absolutely HATE Apple Computers! PC for Me!
Old 14th February 2009 | Show parent

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdisero ➑️
For the money you would pay for a mediocre mac, you could build yourself a wicked PC.
definitely not true. Β£1600 doesn't build you a super duper PC. It builds you a pretty good one...

I just replaced 14 PCs in our place at the end of last year - we're now ALL MAC.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdisero ➑️
For the money you would pay for a mediocre mac, you could build yourself a wicked PC.
So you're comparing a PC Core Single Processor Core 2 Duo
against a Mac Pro Dual Processor Quad Xeon.

Sorry but you need to check your facts all the exact same parts in a Mac Pro is way cheaper than building a PC all the exact same parts
rjs
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
I have an 8088 for sale. I'll even throw in the math co processor.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Highjack...

I hate Ferraris as well. Way too fast. Chicks dig them and they cost too much money (the chicks that dig them and the cars).

Pisser!!!!dfegad
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I just take people seriously when they are creating on MUSIC on a PC.
It's like they are hobbyist and when they grow up one day... they'll buy a Mac.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Computers are like women, what one guy hates another one loves dearly.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooo ➑️
Computers are like women, what one guy hates another one loves dearly.
Good analogy. Taking it a bit further, the PC is the bitchy woman who can't do anything without causing a scene, the Mac is the woman who is always one step ahead of you, fulfilling your every need without bombarding you with a bunch of childish demands.

In human nature, there are always those who prefer confrontation over conflict resolution. For them, the PC is the perfect choice.
Old 16th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
WOW...So many people still fighting for their beliefs...good thing George W. Bush aint here...everyone would be dead by now!!

OH ya...My hand built (BY me) $700.00 pc will STOMP your macpro..end of story...not saying everyones pc can...STill wish I had the extra doe to drop for a mac though...I would like to own one, but for now I just barrow.....So I like both...!!!

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearaddict ➑️
WOW...So many people still fighting for their beliefs...good thing George W. Bush aint here...everyone would be dead by now!!

OH ya...My hand built (BY me) $700.00 pc will STOMP your macpro..end of story...not saying everyones pc can...STill wish I had the extra doe to drop for a mac though...I would like to own one, but for now I just barrow.....So I like both...!!!
bulllllshiiiiittttheh

even a decent power supply is 200 bucks fercrissakes!!!
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I dunno, dropping $700 into a PC you build is way different then buying a new mac.
My PC has parts like fans for 5 years, dvd player 4 years, rack case, lol 10 years+

$700 would pretty much make one killer PC because new mobo, ram, CPU and reuse most of my old PC parts. It also promotes recycling and less consumption.

If a mac user and a PC builder both go into Fry's electronics with $700, tell me what one comes out with a new daw?

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- ➑️
I dunno, dropping $700 into a PC you build is way different then buying a new mac.
My PC has parts like fans for 5 years, dvd player 4 years, rack case, lol 10 years+

$700 would pretty much make one killer PC because new mobo, ram, CPU and reuse most of my old PC parts. It also promotes recycling and less consumption.

If a mac user and a PC builder both go into Fry's electronics with $700, tell me what one comes out with a new daw?
??? you wouldn't get much change on CPU alone for $700.....
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Its really all the same.... honest.

but if we are gonna discuss hobbiest vs professional tools... least we not forget it was "the PC" equipped with Opteron processors that actually gave us all the idea that native was where we'd end up. Mac computers at the time had nothing on an Opteron "PC" workstation.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuRnitUpsuM ➑️
Its really all the same.... honest.

but if we are gonna discuss hobbiest vs professional tools... least we not forget it was "the PC" equipped with Opteron processors that actually gave us all the idea that native was where we'd end up. Mac computers at the time had nothing on an Opteron "PC" workstation.
i agree - although I will add that professional level of expectations of "native" has only JUST been reached recently ..... I've looked at nativ e solutions for our work every year for about 7 years - and finally in 2008 agreed that several MacPro's were acceptable.
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus enochson ➑️
then don't read it.....
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
to clarify.

dont feed the trolls

and btw, i'm a mac... well actually many

🎧 10 years
ah - i see. you ARE a mac
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
more mac than most...

🎧 10 years
cyborg eh....
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years

ie that is yes for binary code ...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman ➑️
bulllllshiiiiittttheh

even a decent power supply is 200 bucks fercrissakes!!!
Sorry no BS...but in all fairness I do have a go to guy that gets me CRAZY deals on PARTS...But I would still like to have a mac...IM not hateing,

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Sorry no BS...but in all fairness I do have a go to guy that gets me CRAZY deals on PARTS...But I would still like to have a mac...IM not hateing,
no no - didn't say you were. If it wasn't for ruddy viruses I'd have some PCs here....

having a connected fellah is a good thing.
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
YA it's cool...Im going to be building my son a pc soon so all the kids have one..but I cant wait till I can buy a mac...I was talking to my guy at GC last week about the learning curve...Dont seem like it will be that bad!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
an i7 920 has the same performance like an MacPro 2.8 octo if you
run OSX on your PC
Home : Geekbench Result Browser

which one deserves more love?

🎧 10 years
Quote:
YA it's cool...Im going to be building my son a pc soon so all the kids have one..but I cant wait till I can buy a mac...I was talking to my guy at GC last week about the learning curve...Dont seem like it will be that bad!!!
honestly man - learning curve is soo shallow. Not a lot to it.
Old 21st February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
My mac login is: pc sucks!!
And if i will ever forget that the hint is. The truth. ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch Trakz ➑️
dfegadi absolutely hate apple. never liked it.

I hate the Operating System. its boring. its over priced.

its overated. People only like its cause its Ameircan company or whateva reason

F*ck that i love my PC if you dont like it fuuck
Old 22nd February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I'm typing on a mac right now, how is the Headroom..?
Old 22nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Narcoman

I agree - although I will add that professional level of expectations of "native" has only JUST been reached recently ..... I've looked at native solutions for our work every year for about 7 years - and finally in 2008 agreed that several MacPro's were acceptable.
Professional levels have always been as high as they are today and so has the expectations of a native solution... I guess it always boils down to what those expectations are. But i do agree with you.

I remember many an experiment using lowly single socket opteron servers linked together and maintained by an OS designed for cluster computing. Worked like a charm and the expectation of this system far exceeded a propriety system in terms of TCO.

cheers Narcoman
Old 24th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Delude yourself all you like, even with DDR3 pitched against FB-DIMMs you're not going to get close to the performance of dual quad Xeons.

$700 is a joke of a PC, unless the parts were stolen
Old 24th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooo ➑️
$700 is a joke of a PC, unless the parts were stolen
I'm not going to say my $650 Quad core PC I just put together will beat an octocore mac, but it is far from a joke. It is ultra stable and super fast.
Of course it was 50% research and knowledge and 50% luck the components play well together... and I'm still stuck with XP 32bit until they release 7 this year... oh well, I still couldn't afford $3000 for a Mac. Even a comparable spec'd and used quad core mac was out of my pocket range.
So I take exception at your statement.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…