Quantcast
I absolutely HATE Apple Computers! PC for Me! - Page 3 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I absolutely HATE Apple Computers! PC for Me!
Old 4th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
People just can't resist the allure of a pointless pissing match can they?

"Bud Light!" "No, Miller Light!"

"Ford!" "No, Chevy!"

"Analog!" "No, Digital!"

"OTB!" "No, ITB!"

"Flathead!" "No, Philips!"

They're just computers folks.
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorch Trakz ➡️
dfegadi absolutely hate apple. never liked it.

I hate the Operating System. its boring. its over priced.

its overated. People only like its cause its Ameircan company or whateva reason

F*ck that i love my PC if you dont like it fuuck
Macs sound way better!!! WWAAYYY BETTER!!!!! THIS IS A FACT.
Mac is well worth the money I love it.
Thank you
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot ➡️
Macs sound way better!!! WWAAYYY BETTER!!!!! THIS IS A FACT.
Mac is well worth the money I love it.
Thank you
Dude, seriously, I know! The depth and the width and the color the Mac provides to my audio on playback and while recording is fabulous! heh
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
i think most of you crying about your little wack mac computers is because somewhere along the line you turn into a bandwagon dude and wasted your money. i seen my enginers mac crash more than my pc with Protools. Sure it doesnt get viruses but it crashes. with all these myths pcs have more problems or bugs. now you cant stand pc cause u own one tutt

pc, is affordable, fast and reliable and better OS. you would pay 3 x times as much for the same speed and with a wack operating system. they both runnin on same processors.

these pictures are dedicated to the guys with a troll pic and the ugly cat

Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I don't think its about a bandwagon issue, mac is clearly a better computer, even if you are not recording or into music, I hope I never have to use a window system again. Its clearly the operating system thats horrible, has PC improved over the years ? yes but mac has improved even more. Altho I still think the G4 had a serious bug.

Why don't you try using XP or Vista on your PC vs putting OSX on the very same PC, you will see what I'm talking about, PC and the windows crap is 100 percent crap.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by balaperdida ➡️
"Analog!".
No, Analogue!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
i think most of you crying about your little wack mac computers is because somewhere along the line you turn into a bandwagon dude and wasted your money. i seen my enginers mac crash more than my pc with Protools. Sure it doesnt get viruses but it crashes. with all these myths pcs have more problems or bugs. now you cant stand pc cause u own one tutt

pc, is affordable, fast and reliable and better OS. you would pay 3 x times as much for the same speed and with a wack operating system. they both runnin on same processors.

Well, actually I use both Mac's and PC's in my studio.
But thanks for letting my know that my post got under your skin.

Seriously, this is a place for audio professionals to discuss issues.
These sorts of posts don't add to the site- they just subtract.
There are plenty of resources here for people to learn how to mix and produce audio.

There are increasingly more pointless threads about this sort of non-issue.
Unless your posting while high or p1ssed I really question your professionalism and intelligence.
If you are posting while high or p1ssed then I just question your professionalism.

A computer is just a computer.
You don't see people arguing over Neve vs SSL in the same way.
People may prefer one or the other.

If you don't like one or the other, fine.
But don't insult our intelligence and embarrass yourself.

I've been around long enough to remember studios before computers of any type.
Computers in the studio have steadily become more reliable and useful as they became more sophisticated. In the last couple of years we have had affordable solutions under the $10k price point.
When I started in the late 80's you would have to spend 6 figures to get the same number of tracks and inputs/ouputs (actually less).

If you come back on here, apologise for your sh1tty behaviour and attitude then possible people will take you seriously. Continue acting like this and pretty much no-one will take you seriously, want to help you out or have anything to do with you.
At the moment you are just a bit of a joker that some people will enjoy ragging on, some will shrug off and most will actively ignore.
Your call.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
lol the more things change the more they stay the same... bless ya's all!

a PC is a personal computer.... Mac is one and "the PC" is one.... one is designed as a system (Mac) which R&D extends into both the hardware (the actual Apple computer u speak of ) and the Operating System (OSX) which when combined form the "MAC" computer.

PCs are not just bought to run Windoze... you would be baffled at the options of OSes one has to choose from outside the realms of the Audio Community.

some examples:

starting with the most popular

Windows ... (from 3.1 and earlier up to the unreleased Win 7)

OSX ... no u say! it is indeed true when combined with OSX becomes Maczilla.. lol

Linux ... distributions out the wazoo.... Fedora Core, Ubuntu, SuSE, Mandriva, Gentoo and on and on and on

BSD (refined Unix) (berkeley software distribution) what OSX is based off of ! OS9 and before were based off Darwin

Solaris (Sun Microsystems - helped refine Unix) nifty OS.... especially their open source variant OpenSolaris (starting to use this one as a desktop replacement of windows.. u like MACs time machine?? check out OpenSolarises Time Slider!

Unix - originally developed at Bell Labs...quite remarkable but long toothed.

and this just the Iceberg Tip!!!

Macs and PCs are the same.... even when Apple ran motorola processors..... one is better suited to a specific OS the other gives u choices...

pick a poison and watch the clock!! :P
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:

Dude
Why all the hatehehtuttfuuck

Peace
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
No band wagon here, I choose to use what's solid, reliably, and gets the job done. Again if i wasn't into recording I would still choose a mac.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hey Skorch.... do you honestly think that after throwing down this obvious TROLL post, that folks around here are going to want reply to any of your legitimate questions you might actually have? If you pee in the pool... nobody will want to swim with you....

Know what I'mma sayin' there dog

🎧 10 years
[QUOTE=Skorch Trakz;3880065]
QUOTE]

Your right a Mac Pro 8 Core Xeon Processors cost PC Quad core Core 2 Duo Processor.
You get what you pay for, a Mac Pro has the best case and PSU design of any Computer that you buy today.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegenius ➡️
Three words: PC's are awful...
two words: mac´s too heh
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddierodriguez ➡️
two words: mac´s too heh
One word: Nope heh
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
One word: Nope heh
no word: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/...6564ab.jpg?v=0 (attention! click on your own risk heh)
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
ok ok. im being a dick. but truth is that i was never fan of apples for the simple fact i just hate the operating system. i dont like the look of it either. but i heard the new ones run windows now? so which should be coo. i still think its overpriced. but i noticed its preffered with the musicians?
ha! "the new ones can run windows now?"

um, dude, hate to break it to you but macs have had this capability for nearly 3 years.
get with the times. its becoming painfully clear how little you know on the subject of personal computers.

Apple Introduces Boot Camp
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Windows=Registry=Die

^^I think that's their biggest hurdle, not to mention the virus-proneness (which has a lot to do with^^) and the inefficiency of the OS (specifically referring to Vista here)

Built and owned PCs for a number of years, now a very happy Mac user (~3 years)

🎧 15 years
Quote:
no word: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/...6564ab.jpg?v=0 (attention! click on your own risk heh)
With grammar as poor as your use of apostrophes, do you really think you can pull the smartarse card?

🎧 10 years
Resale Value

How Much is your 2 year PC worth?

Yet a 2 year old Mac sells for nearly for what it was worth new.

Apple Mac Pro Quad 2.66 6GB RAM, 750 GB HDs, Applecare - eBay (item 290290829641 end time Jan-27-09 19:57:57 PST)
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave ➡️
Well, actually I use both Mac's and PC's in my studio.
But thanks for letting my know that my post got under your skin.

Seriously, this is a place for audio professionals to discuss issues.
These sorts of posts don't add to the site- they just subtract.
There are plenty of resources here for people to learn how to mix and produce audio.

There are increasingly more pointless threads about this sort of non-issue.
Unless your posting while high or p1ssed I really question your professionalism and intelligence.
If you are posting while high or p1ssed then I just question your professionalism.

A computer is just a computer.
You don't see people arguing over Neve vs SSL in the same way.
People may prefer one or the other.

If you don't like one or the other, fine.
But don't insult our intelligence and embarrass yourself.

I've been around long enough to remember studios before computers of any type.
Computers in the studio have steadily become more reliable and useful as they became more sophisticated. In the last couple of years we have had affordable solutions under the $10k price point.
When I started in the late 80's you would have to spend 6 figures to get the same number of tracks and inputs/ouputs (actually less).

If you come back on here, apologise for your sh1tty behaviour and attitude then possible people will take you seriously. Continue acting like this and pretty much no-one will take you seriously, want to help you out or have anything to do with you.
At the moment you are just a bit of a joker that some people will enjoy ragging on, some will shrug off and most will actively ignore.
Your call.
did your post get under my skin or vice versa? lol take it easy man. i was laughin the whole time and still am. i didnt know some people took this forum so seriously. its the moan zone for god sake. yea maybe i was a bit chidlish. i was just havin fun. i dont like apple. period. end of discussion. if it works for you guys, thats good. i just dont understand the hype. anyway i apologize if the post offended anyone.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
With grammar as poor as your use of apostrophes, do you really think you can pull the smartarse card?
yes

well, your german is perfect, is it? fuuck

🎧 10 years
Quote:
yes

yup.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
did your post get under my skin or vice versa? lol take it easy man. i was laughin the whole time and still am. i didnt know some people took this forum so seriously. its the moan zone for god sake. yea maybe i was a bit chidlish. i was just havin fun. i dont like apple. period. end of discussion. if it works for you guys, thats good. i just dont understand the hype. anyway i apologize if the post offended anyone.
DOnt apologize cuz someone told you to, it's your opinnion..It's the moan zone, I have read alot worse on here...I say DONT read it and you will not be offended!!!
CDS
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years

Says it all.

🎧 15 years
Quote:
yes

Nein - but I'm not trying to be a smartarse and pull you up on it either. If you're gonna play like that, you have to be flawless yourself, else you just look stupid.
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
People, once and for fukking all, its not PC vs. Mac. Its Microsoft, and more specifically, WINDOWS vs. Mac. And if you are not a Mac convert, then God help you. You obviously aren't paying attention in life. heh
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfx ➡️
People, once and for fukking all, its not PC vs. Mac. Its Microsoft, and more specifically, WINDOWS vs. Mac. And if you are not a Mac convert, then God help you. You obviously aren't paying attention in life. heh
Interesting that you don't see Windows commercials making fun of Mac... Wonder why...

Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Interesting that you don't see Windows commercials making fun of Mac... Wonder why...

That is sofa king heelarrious!!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
Nein - but I'm not trying to be a smartarse and pull you up on it either. If you're gonna play like that, you have to be flawless yourself, else you just look stupid.
my bad grammar is no excuse for you to read something wrong out of it.

have your opinions and let me have my opinions (which are ironically neutral btw.) why don´t you just ignore my posts? there´s a smartarse-ignore-button somewhere heh

or just continue moaning here in the moan zone
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
5 installations ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydego ➡️
isnt osx 129 bucks with 5 installiations, while xp or vista is 300 dollars per computer??
I bought osx leopard 6 months ago.. it was 129 bucks... but... It thought it was just for one computer ..... You mean.... I can install it on my g5 too ? (how many installs does apple give you anyway, and how can they tell that you have installed it on more than one mac ? ) Not to change the subject... let me get back on this topic.....

I switched over to mac 6 months ago.... and really like the stability of it.... I even had to switch to cubase...since sonar doesn't work on mac...... Mac OSX rules !!!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…