My home was robbed, studio ransacked. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My home was robbed, studio ransacked.
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
My home was robbed, studio ransacked.

fuuckMOTHERFOOGER!!!!fuuck
I was at work to day when my roommate gets a call from the NYPD that they found some guy with his laptop & mine under each arm.
We get home and the MF'rs took 2 brand new Macs (the base of both our our project studios), 2 laptops (which we got back), my Fender Strat, my Alesis drum controller, my 42" flat screen, cameras, HDs, 2x Keyboard controllers, a bunch of mics, iPods, Xbox 360 & games (tear..), bluRay player and other great stuff as they trashed our home.

I am at least happy neither of us were hurt & the fu*king morons had no idea what most of our music gear was. They had no idea what most of it was & left it behind..

We lost about $12 - 15k worth of stuff, but the dicks left $20k of gear behind. Keyboards, synths, protools rig, drum machines, FX, compressors, ect.

One guy in jail now & he is giving up the other c0cksuckers right now. Not sure what, if anything we will get back, but I am still thankful.

When I said I wanted to slim down my set-up THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!!!

Wish me luck everybody!
I still love Brooklyn.
MUCH RESPECT TO THE NYPD!!!!!!!
Old 29th January 2009
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Damn man...Good Luck.

Sucks to hear stuff like this. I hope karma comes back and tears these ****bags a new arsehole.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i hope he gets cancer and dies in agony, the ****ing ****

i hate thieves.
Old 29th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Renter's/home insurance?
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
what part of brooklyn are you in?
these stories freak me out. Think about needing to get my weapon on...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sorry to hear it man :(

I've been there
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith ➑️
i hope he gets cancer and dies in agony, the ****ing ****

i hate thieves.
sounds good !!!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian! ➑️
Renter's/home insurance?
No.... tutt
I was on Geico's site looking at it 2 weeks ago, but I was considering moving so I hesitated. I feel like such a chump.
PLEASE others, learn from my mistake!!!!
If you are not insured get some insurance NOW!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadumr ➑️
what part of brooklyn are you in?
these stories freak me out. Think about needing to get my weapon on...
Williamsburg, right on the end near Bushwick.
I am getting a gun a.s.a.p.
Not so much for protection, but for target practice to get some of this aggression out!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT, KIND WORDS AND ACTIONS!
People like you make my situation so much better!

MASSIVE THANKS TO Haskell Brooks!!!!!
Thanks so much!
hehhehheh
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Totally blows, dude. I can't even imagine the rage that would wash over me if that happened to my home. I'd leave bodies in the wake until I got my **** back.

But for when I'm feeling reasonable, there's insurance. heh I own my house, but I have a separate itemized list of gear insured in addition to regular home owners insurance.

Also, I am the type of dude that loves to overdo everything, so I have a whole video surveillance installation planned out and ready to go as soon as I get my ass in gear.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That sucks, I hope you had good insurance coverage.
No studio can afford not to have it.
I've been robbed before, myself.

Last Tuesday, a couple of punks kicked in my front door...
In broad daylight!
Luckily, for me a couple of my friends were at the auto-shop across the street from my home (in a commercial area). I'm the only house there.
The punks ran out of my front door and left via the back parking lot, behind my home.
The only thing that they took were two aluminum baseball bats of mine, I found them later in my back alley.

My house is about 100 years old.
I have no windows in my basement (my studio is located there).
I also have a fortified heavy-wood-metal door, with metal bolts and pad-locks on the outside of the door.
There is no access to my basement, from the upstairs area of my house.
I sealed off the stairs, years ago.
Anyone attempting to break into my studio would need a battering ram and or a f#cking chainsaw.

I guess those silly, would-be thieves thought that my little shack was possibly a grow-op.
Stupid bastards...
They would have easily been able to smell the weed, if I was stupid enough to have a grow-op in my home.
I would have to be ********, so much daily traffic, including the police frequently travel by my house.

The only huge bummer for me is, they broke my whole door jam.
On my front door...
I'm getting my buddy to do some welding tonight, both my front door and my basement door will now have "HEAVY METAL door jams. Both doors are going to also get some extra metal reinforcement modifications!

Old 30th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Smile

my studio was robbed back in the day...that sh8t SUKKED.

it took me a while to get over it....after that, everytime i was alone late at night,
and thought i heard something, or heard some noise outside the studio, i started to freak out.
it was never the same working after that.

...glad i don't work in the city that much, these days...

sorry for your troubles, man.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I hate to be the one to tell you this but buy a gun. This pos will be on the streets again in a few days if he isnt out already. Practice this phrase over and over "I was in fear for my life".
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydego ➑️
I hate to be the one to tell you this but buy a gun. This pos will be on the streets again in a few days if he isnt out already. Practice this phrase over and over "I was in fear for my life".
There isn't a problem in your life that can't be solved quickly with a hot lead bath. And you heard that from a cop!
Old 1st February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydego ➑️
If you choose to take this advice, please get yourself some training, preferrably a lot of training. The one thing worse than shooting and killing some one threatening your life, is shooting and killing someone who is a neighbor or bystander.

You need to get your groove on where you can hit a note book paper sized target 100 times out of a hundred at 7 yards. You also have to have the mindset of taking that shot- because if you dont, you will likely be a victim again. A gun brings a the power of life and death into your hands.... and the civil code will crush you like a snail on the expressway if you misuse it.

I have guns, and training, but I allow my three dogs to function as my property protection.... If they get my attention, I can go weapon hot in 2 seconds. Dogs are the best deterrence you can hope for actually.... Which is why gang bangers always seem to have Pitbulls.
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
And ask questions later.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Charles and Joel have just given excellent advice.
Old 2nd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I love crackheads.

My rehearsal space was broken into a few years ago. There was a LOT of pricy gear inside (Les Paul, JCM 2000, SVT, lots of mics and recording gear, etc...), and all they took was a $150 cd burner.

Best part was they had to move a digital multitrack recorder to get to the burner. Oh, and they didn't take the power cord. They were caught about a week later trying to steal the quarters from a self service car wash.
Old 2nd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks for the kind words everybody!
I just got back from the grand jury for the case. The DA asked me if I would be OK if he offered the guy 6 months as a plea. tutt I said he deserves more, but there is not much I can do. He could be back on my block sooner than later. Total BS.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Maybe this will make you feel better.

We had a Music store at my old stomping grounds. They smashed the front window and stole a High end Digital Synth late one night. The only problem is they didnt grab the power cord and it is proprietary.

The schumks came back a week later and said they needed a power cord for Keyboard. The funny thing is that the Store manager played dumb and asked them to bring in the Keyboard so that they could match up the right power cord.

They dummies brought the unit back thad the cops nailed em..

thumbsup
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia_nb ➑️
There isn't a problem in your life that can't be solved quickly with a hot lead bath. And you heard that from a cop!
Just like there isn't anything you can't get a person to do no matter what language they speak with the two words, "fix this" and a point and nod. Haha heh

Good luck mate on recovering the stuff, and I agree, get a gun, better safe than sorry
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
i used to be involved with high security, and have my class 3, so am pretty up to speed on weps and how to handle them. dogs are great, but only if you're great with dogs, so keep that in mind. i h8 the fackin knobjars that go and get a dog for security and then abuse or take inappropriate care of them. my dog would take a bullet for me, but he's well trained and i spend at least an hour a day with him, draining his energy. so while this cat made a good ref to dogs (no pun intended), it's only good if you're not destined to be one of those chump dog owners.

keep this in mind: they will come back, be sure of it. some scumbags have it down to how long it takes you to replace your sh1t via the insurance company and will hit you several times. good luck
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Hombre ➑️
i used to be involved with high security, and have my class 3, so am pretty up to speed on weps and how to handle them. dogs are great, but only if you're great with dogs, so keep that in mind. i h8 the fackin knobjars that go and get a dog for security and then abuse or take inappropriate care of them. my dog would take a bullet for me, but he's well trained and i spend at least an hour a day with him, draining his energy. so while this cat made a good ref to dogs (no pun intended), it's only good if you're not destined to be one of those chump dog owners.

keep this in mind: they will come back, be sure of it. some scumbags have it down to how long it takes you to replace your sh1t via the insurance company and will hit you several times. good luck
Monster + 1

if you get a gun, be sure to get a safe that is permanently mounted so it wont also get stolen if you are away from it.
Old 3rd February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The DA called today and asked me if he could offer the guy a major felony charge, 1 year, state prison, no possiblity of early release & 5 probation. After he gets out, if he was to charged with any felony or violent offence he will go away for a manditory 5-10 years minimum.

Overall I am pleased. I could hope for more, but the DA did not want to bring this to trial & neither did I. That could take years with the guy possibly on the street. I have to accept this as a win and put it behind me.

I look at it like this.... I was not hurt and I still have most of my studio intact. I am now more thankful for what I have (including insurance!) and am trying to make the most of what I have. I also have lost a few major distractions in my home, my TV, the Xbox and I am getting much more time in making music. Change is good.
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Secure your property better- Invest in an alarm system at least (and it will likely reduce your insurance rates as well). The guy has friends- they probibly do the same stuff he does...
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I feel your pain, I had my storage unit depleted for over $30K worth of stuff a few years back. Luckily Home Insurance covered about $20K. I don't mess around at the studio and house I have alarms, Video Surveilance and deadbolts every 20 ft! LOL When I had my apartment I had an alarm installed there too. Hopefully you will be alright man.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes ➑️
Secure your property better- Invest in an alarm system at least (and it will likely reduce your insurance rates as well). The guy has friends- they probibly do the same stuff he does...
The apt is better secured than ever & an alarm is one the way.
THANKS!
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rtynyc ➑️
The apt is better secured than ever & an alarm is one the way.
THANKS!
I hope my comment didnt appear strident.... I did not intend it to.... good plans though!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles maynes ➑️
I hope my comment didnt appear strident.... I did not intend it to.... good plans though!
No worries. I appreciate everyone's opinions and comments. thumbsup
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…