Quantcast
Lazy postmant! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lazy postmant!
Old 28th January 2009
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Lazy postmant!

I shopped for several months, looking for an AKG BX series reverb. Found a BX-10 here through a WTB thread, coming from Canada. Got it delivered to work, get called that I have a package, race up to the front of the store, and watch as the postman is rolling the box end over end up the front steps. I calmly, yet excitedly proclaim, "Please (I even said please) don't roll it end over end!" To which he says, "Oh, it's very heavy." To which I say, "I know, it's a guitar amp. (I didn't feel like explaining what it actually was) Turning it upside down can damage it."
Granted, it was a little over 50 pounds, poor schmuck is probably used to delivering credit card offers, but don't they make hand trucks for this reason? Don't people ask for help?
Will have to wait until I get it home and fire it up to see if all is okay.

of course the title should read postman. not postmant

Last edited by j2dafo; 28th January 2009 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: spelling error in title
Old 28th January 2009
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 10 years
That sucks...

The time you posted says 9 pm here .....???
soooo.....had a chance to check it out yet?

Hope all is well.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
you must be across the pond, it's still only 5pm in NYC. about 3 more hours until I get home with it. my fingers will be crossed until then.
Old 29th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto โžก๏ธ
That's nothing compared to what it went through in the sorting facility. It probably dropped at least 2 feet onto a conveyor at the hub.
i found your attempt to assuage my worries very kind. thanks so much.

IT WORKS. and sounds absolutely amazing. now i need to isolate it to get rid of sympathetic vibrations.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…