Another addition to my growing hate of SONAR 7 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Another addition to my growing hate of SONAR 7
Old 24th January 2009
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years

I had a project open, just a scratch track, Superior Drummer 2 and 1 Instance of Dimension LE open. Hit save. It's fine. I go downstairs for something to eat, when I come back, it says something to do with "disk may be full" when it clearly isn't, seeing as the disc I was working on is 1TB and I've only had it since Christmas. So I cant save ANYWHERE, not even on a different disc or under a different name.

I close, now it's all corupted. 4 hours work down the drain
Old 24th January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Hi Mike!

The "disk full" is Sonar's generic way of telling you there is a problem and it doesn't know what it is.

You might want to turn on auto-saving. Mine automatically saves every 5 minutes. It has saved my ass lots of times. At least then you would have been able to go back in time a little bit after the main file became corrupted.
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
It's already on. You can read the fumbling of users who obviously have next to no knowledge on the SONAR forum.

Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
If you are having those types of problems, then it's highly likely you have some buggy drivers, hardware or plugs. You have to remember that in a DAW, the plugs are loaded directly into the DAW process. If they have bugs, they can completely corrupt the DAW. And of course the DAW always gets the blame, because most people don't under the distinction.

If you are using any freebie plugs or plugs from less than high quality companies, you might want to look into that. Even then though, there can be bugs in the best of plugs that, when mixed in the right combination, become suddenly deadly.

Driver errors of course are even worse, so you definitely want to stick to audio device drivers from well known companies.
Old 26th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
It's a crashed plugin, open the project in safe mode.
Old 28th January 2009 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
It appears to me that you are getting the same answers here. Btw, many of those fumbling Sonar users are members of this forum. I've seen your posts before, and frankly I think you need to re-evaluate your relationship with your DAW.

πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…