Quantcast
Is Humidity: 54% High? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is Humidity: 54% High?
Old 22nd January 2009
  #1
Lives for gear
 
Jay-'s Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Is Humidity: 54% High?

Im itching like mad.. all over.
Stinging prickly itches.
Is Humidity: 54% crazy?
Almost like I'm being poked with needles and bugs crawling all over.
My Dr. Said I got nothing.
Its been about 4 months, no rest and wake up all hours of the night to scratch.
Im told these symptoms can be related to serious nervous disorders like MS.
At one time it was like being bit in my leg by an ant.
Also I got a kitty about the time this all started.
Im told its called "Phantom itch"

Id pay anything to have this stop, even hand over my guitar to the itch gods..
Im told an itch is one of those medical mysteries...

I am screwed!
Old 22nd January 2009
  #2
Lives for gear
 
dft3670's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Also I got a kitty about the time this all started...

Did you get checked for an allergic reaction to the cat? 50% humidity is a good target for happy people and gear.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
54% is dry. Maybe you just have dry skin, try some skin lotion. I would seriously suspect the cat.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
  #4
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
40%-60% is "normal" where up to 60% should be preferred. so your 54% is really good. 75% and up is "high".

do you drink enough? is there chlorine in your water?
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Jay-'s Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
One other weird thing, black mold in the past few months has suddenly appeared on the roof and on the walls. Im in the tropics and its been foggy and raining for what appears 10 months!
Im thinking of moving to Austin TX where its more arid and dry and turn up the air conditioning to perfect human conditions.
I usually gulp down 16 oz waters like its nothing.
OOPS I DRINK LOTS OF BEER! I mean 8 pints a day. I know its bad..
been having a tough time all over.
One person suggested I could have an imbalance in intestinal flora and even have some kind of internal fungus. The pill that have for that is ~NASTY~ for your liver.
Thanks, will try more water and Austin TX.

I only drink bottled water, can shower water have Chlorine that is killing me?
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay- ➡️
I only drink bottled water, can shower water have Chlorine that is killing me?
bottled water can be bad water too. i don´t know if there´s a regulation in the us, but in austria there´s a special sign on some bottles that indicate the water meets high regulations. the cheap ones are often very bad. but we´re happy guys here, we have extraordinary good mains-water.

chlorine is one of the strongest poisons, so definitely YES, your shower-water drys you out. you can buy some special anti-chlorine bathing-filter that helps a lot.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Take some antihistamines ?
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
  #8
Led
Lives for gear
 
Led's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Could be an allergy to mould spores. Get you Doc to do a patch test for allergies. Find out what you have an allergy to. Mould is quite a common one.
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Addict
 
Nishmaster's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Honestly, don't mess with black mold. It can do some not so good things. You may have, like a previous poster said, a mold allergy.

Either way, you should have it removed as it can cause pulmonary symptoms.

Your cat may also be a possible allergen.
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
videoteque's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
My wife is not lucky with cats, once she caught a fungus for being five minutes with a cat!!!
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
barbital's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
At 8 this morning, the local weather report here at Gosford says it's 72% humidity, at close to 28.6° C (84° F).

Went outside...yuck. It's pretty oppressive, I started to sweat like a hog after about 10 minutes at the clothesline. I think I'll be catching the bus to the gym today. It's almost 4km away from where I live, I usually walk, but in this horrid weather I can either walk or do weight training, not both like I usually do.

Ben
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
christmasjones's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
My allergies were horrible when i lived in Florida. I highly suspected the higher levels of molds due to the humidity. I'd say you're suffering from some mold issues.
Old 5th June 2020
  #13
Here for the gear
 
Most def mold! And your poor kitty can get mold probs too. Get RID of that black mold and any humidity above 50% is mold growth heaven. MOLD is what’s screwing w you. Common symptoms... itching, burning etc. Remediate that mold ASAP. AND bleach WILL NOT KILL IT. Demand your landlord get rid of the mold. Or, buy mold killing products depending what it’s griwing in/ on AND find the leak... fix it!! It spreads rapidly... into HVAC etc etc
📝 Reply
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump