Quantcast
aaaarrrrgggghhhh! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
aaaarrrrgggghhhh!
Old 28th February 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

In the 7 months since we've moved into our studio, I haven't touched the other guys' Pro Tools rig except to use it as an overly complex CD player. My gear isn't even tied into that part of the room, except for the 2 track output that allows me to listen to CDs through my monitors.

And now that I suddenly need to burn a CD this weekend, the owner of the PT rig has sold his MAC to purchase some dual processor variation; which should arrive soon, real soon. (yeah!) Some of us just weren't meant to work on computers, I guess.

But I still need to burn this damn CD. I know that there are places in town that have little cubicle workstations set up with a DAT deck, a two drive CD player / burner and some simple routing box. They have dumb names like U-Do-it or U-Burn. Fortunately, I don't have to do any other work; just lift songs from the three DATs and burn the best ones to the CD. I think that they charge something like $14/hr for access to the gear and I will probably spend about an hour and a half burning the 60 or so minutes of material. But I would also like to have them make around 8 copies of the finished CD "master". (I can't imagine sitting there and copying the CD over and over 8 times, I'll let them handle that task.) Any idea how much these places charge to do a straight copy of a CD? (absolutely no processing required - just dupe what's on the 1st CD) How much should I expect to pay for 8 copies of the CD I compile?

Thanks.

steve
[email protected]
Old 28th February 2003
R U in Hollywood?

Can a Gearslut help?

Who's local?

Steve's one of the good guys!

📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…