The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
M2000 price hike!
Old 16th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Angry M2000 price hike!

Finally getting around to adding an M2000 to my rack only to find the price has gone up about $150 in the last month or so! WTF? So much for getting into the Xmass spirit... fuuck fuuck fuuck fuuck ......sorry, it's been a ****ed up year and I think I need a hug. heh
Old 18th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
you may want to reconsider the m2000 any way. The technology and algos are old. The M-One actually has better sounds and algos then the 2000. The only reason I would want a 2000 is that it is a lot more road worthy than a M-One. I would look into the 3000, or maybe the mpx1...?!?!

Just my $.02 after talking directly with TC about this issue...
Old 18th November 2002
Founder

There is an M300 now - a dual engined budget version of the spendy M3000

Check it out.. Bevy B here on GS has one and digs it...

Old 18th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Thanx... I'll give them both a closer look see.
Old 18th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have the M300...shamefully bought it when I needed a very good reverb for little dough...was absolutely shocked at how good it sounds...not really an 'effect' but more of an ambience generator, although there are some very good effects in it...

Anyway, for less than 300 US, you really can't go wrong.
Old 19th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I have 2 M2000's, and I love them WAY better than the M3000, or ANY of the other lower priced TC units I've heard (the 6000 creams them all, obviously). I love the reverbs in the 2000 because they are completely unnatural, other-worldly, colored, impossibly dense, and generally unlike all the other crap out there everybody always uses, like Lexicon, etc.

I run mine digitally, so I like the real AES connectors in the back of the 2000/3000's. The lower $ units all have the RCA connectors.
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Randy - just curious why you think the M2000 is way better than the M3000.
Old 24th November 2002
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by DigitMus
Randy - just curious why you think the M2000 is way better than the M3000.
Me curious 2.
Old 24th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Well guys, I didn't say it was better, I said I liked the 2000 (reverb) better, for the music I do. IMO, The 3000 is superior if you need more true, uncolored, "real" reverbs. The 2000 does have the C.O.R.E. algorithm, but it seems warmer to me (I run them digitally), and I like the sound of the modulation fx on the tails of the 2000 verbs. It sounds, I don't know, spookier. A friend let me use his 3000 for a while, but he took it back a few months ago and sold it. He offered it to me for a good price, and I wish I had taken it then, but it's not on the priority list right now.

I have to admit, I never got serious about programming and tweeking the 3000 like I have my 2000s, so that may be a factor too. But there are some guys out there who are stuck on old Roland tape echos as the only effect they'll use, so I don't feel too bad being partial to an older unit
Old 25th November 2002
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Who told you?!?!
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…