The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tunecore Deleting A Successful Artist Release
Old 6th April 2021
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Tunecore Deleting A Successful Artist Release

I'm pretty shocked that this happened, I've never heard of this before, but Tunecore has decided to delete an album release from a pretty successful band I am part of.
The release has been live from 2013 or 2014 I don't really remember, but it's just gone all of a sudden, and it's impossible to get any answer from Tunecore,they don't have a phone number and all of their email responses are copy paste.
I'll probably am just going to reupload the release through another more reliable distributor, my suggestion is stay away from Tunecore.
Old 8th April 2021
Did they do that because of politics?
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Creek ➡️
Did they do that because of politics?
I have no idea, I have never gotten any response as to why they've done it, I emailed them 3 times, they have the worst support.
Old 4 weeks ago

🎧 10 years
I've heard of this happening because of fraudulent streams. Did you use any playlisting services that guaranteed streams for a fee?

Not saying they're correct in their judgement, or justifying the lack of response, merely that when an artist is taken down from spotify it's usually because there's some claim of copyright or there's a suspicion of fraudulent streams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey ➡️
I've heard of this happening because of fraudulent streams. Did you use any playlisting services that guaranteed streams for a fee?

Not saying they're correct in their judgement, or justifying the lack of response, merely that when an artist is taken down from spotify it's usually because there's some claim of copyright or there's a suspicion of fraudulent streams.
Hmm...that's strange. Because playlists provide real organic streams. These streams are coming not from the bots.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Creek ➡️
Hmm...that's strange. Because playlists provide real organic streams. These streams are coming not from the bots.
Depends on the playlist. Anyone offering guaranteed streams for payment are generally using bots and should be avoided.

Many independent playlisters are providing organic streams, yes. But if someone says "hey I can get you 10k+ streams, I just need $100 to put you on my playlist"...and you check the playlist out, and it's full of people you've never heard of but 20k followers - it's bot streaming.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Horror stories like these are why I'm not anxious in the short and/or long term to release anything.

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame ➡️
Horror stories like these are why I'm not anxious in the short and/or long term to release anything.
They're the exception and not the rule though. I don't personally know any independent artist who's had issues.

And whilst there's absolutely no reason for anyone to release anything...if you make music, surely at some point you want it to be heard?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
@ psycho_monkey embracing the journey of making music is my personal long term goal along with being heard when it's polished (but with no turds in sight).

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame ➡️
@ psycho_monkey embracing the journey of making music is my personal long term goal along with being heard when it's polished (but with no turds in sight).
Just don't make the mistake of "when it's ready" being "never"....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…