The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Craigslist haters and flaggers
Old 2nd March 2021
Deleted c7044de
Craigslist haters and flaggers

so I don't get it. Every time I offer my audio services on Craigslist some joker comes along and flags it within minutes. I've found a few workarounds but inevitably they're getting flagged. I'm not posting anything out of the ordinary, deceitful, or illegal. What low class clowns would go around flagging other peoples ads? I'm imagining other audio service companies that are afraid of competition.

Anybody else been through this?
Old 3rd March 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Cause ➡️
so I don't get it. Every time I offer my audio services on Craigslist some joker comes along and flags it within minutes. I've found a few workarounds but inevitably they're getting flagged. I'm not posting anything out of the ordinary, deceitful, or illegal. What low class clowns would go around flagging other peoples ads? I'm imagining other audio service companies that are afraid of competition.

Anybody else been through this?
Yes.

Awhile back I tried to find other customers of a company who had issues for a potential class action lawsuit. The messages would get flagged within 15 minutes od posting.

I also tried selling camera gear and those were flagged for no good reason. I wish I knew who the trolls were so I could pay them an in person visit and challenge them to shut me up "in real life".
Old 3rd March 2021
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Why is it possible for someone to "flag" your post? Never seen that. Maybe Craigs list is trying to do what a lot of other online forums are doing and letting their reader "flag" posts. Oh well progress...or not.
Old 3rd March 2021
Deleted c7044de
I'm starting to think that a majority of it is due to bots on CL that do this to new accounts if you post in multiple categories too soon. I used my old, old account I've had for over 3 years and it hasn't been 'flagged' yet. I wanted to do a new account to keep my business and personal separate, but I'll just use an established account for both.
Old 6th March 2021

🎧 10 years
Touting for gigs on sites like craigslist is just aiming at bottom feeders right?

I would avoid...at least start somewhere like soundbetter!
Old 6th March 2021
Gear Maniac

local craigslist is not so good
do deals in parking lot of your
neighborhood gendarmes

for battery powered
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…