Stam Audio - what's the deal? - Page 14 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio - what's the deal?
Old 17th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam Audio ➡️
Who said we need deposits to stay afloat? We get very few pre-orders these days, certainly not enough to pay 40 salaries. Not even 4.

Our company stays a float with the units we build and deliver each month which we have managed to keep above 300 pieces monthly despite being closed for 8 months during this pandemic. Whatever pre-orders we get are used for purchasing parts for that client.

You are welcome to read all the reviews on our site, ebay or reverb to cross check the amount of units we ship.

I have been hearing the belly up symphony for a decade now back when it was just 3 of us. We are almost 40 now delivering hundreds of units in stock monthly plus the reserved ones. We are thankfully not going anywhere any time soon.
That's great, then don't take deposits, period. You've apparently had to take deposits/pre-orders in the past.

Read what I wrote again. I didn't say YOU were going belly up. I said IF a company does that is holding deposts, you (customer) is out of luck.

You can defend it, wrap it in whatever cloak you want, but obviously you've taken deposits for "pre-orders" or people wouldn't have been complaining about your company for years for communication and delivery issues. You're not going to be able to spin this.

Again, Bob Gjika and Fractal are doing it correctly. Any company taking deposits is not. That's my opionion. You're welcome to your own.
Old 17th June 2021 | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk ➡️
That's great, then don't take deposits, period. You've apparently had to take deposits/pre-orders in the past.

Read what I wrote again. I didn't say YOU were going belly up. I said IF a company does that is holding deposts, you (customer) is out of luck.

You can defend it, wrap it in whatever cloak you want, but obviously you've taken deposits for "pre-orders" or people wouldn't have been complaining about your company for years for communication and delivery issues. You're not going to be able to spin this.

Again, Bob Gjika and Fractal are doing it correctly. Any company taking deposits is not. That's my opionion. You're welcome to your own.
You are certainly welcome to your own opinion on the matter as much as our clients are welcome and to do as they like

There are many amazing companies that take deposits. I applaud them. Each to their own.
Old 18th June 2021 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
You are certainly welcome to your own opinion on the matter as much as our clients are welcome and to do as they like

There are many amazing companies that take deposits. I applaud them. Each to their own.
You applaud them for taking deposits?

I applaud "amazing companies" that don't need to take deposits, because they are stable enough not to require money up front, and have enough of a demand that they can sell product faster than they can build it.

If you feel that taking deposits is applaudable, then we will agree to disagree on that.

I've heard enough stories about small builders and repair shops and retailers going under, where customers are out their deposit money, or their gear. If people want to take that chance, that's on them to decide. Companies can go under for all kinds of unforseeable reasons, including fire, flood, bankruptcy, etc.

I'm sure your clients that have received your product are very happy, and that your products are great. That's the easy part.

It's the ones that have been kept waiting for product or communication that probably aren't so happy. Otherwise they wouldn't be posting about it in the moan zone, and you wouldn't be spending your day responding to them here.

And if you are moving away completetly from taking deposits, then that I do applaud.
Old 18th June 2021
Gear Addict

There are 40 employees at Stam now? Do BAE or Heritage even have that many employees?
Old 18th June 2021 | Show parent
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldenfilms ➡️
There are 40 employees at Stam now? Do BAE or Heritage even have that many employees?
42 to be precise.

I am not sure about BAE, Heritage has 38 employees.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
42 to be precise.

I am not sure about BAE, Heritage has 38 employees.
I’m waiting on a response as well for a refund
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u87allen ➡️
At the very least, they've lied to you many times when they said it would be ready in two weeks. So, realistically, it makes no sense for you to believe them when you contact them again and they tell you two weeks. And it appears as though your calls/contacts every two weeks aren't speeding the process up.

And also, it brings up the question "Why don't they just tell people it's going to be a year?" Are they afraid they would lose all their business? Me thinks many people would drop out, which would have the effect of shortening the lead time given a constant production output. But not everyone would. Their sales would be the same and they'd have mostly satisfied customers.

Or maybe demand is so high for their products that they can get away with not giving a f**k.
I think this is very unacceptable! I mean, how can someone be expected to wait a year after purchase? I would've purchased from them if I didn't read how bad there service is. Audioscape on the other hand are straight up and honest. If they don't have the gear then they won't sell it. Shame on stam. They will never have my custom.
Noa
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealnormz ➡️
I think this is very unacceptable! I mean, how can someone be expected to wait a year after purchase? I would've purchased from them if I didn't read how bad there service is. Audioscape on the other hand are straight up and honest. If they don't have the gear then they won't sell it. Shame on stam. They will never have my custom.
I waited over 2 years and then got my deposit back with a little work.
Stam Audio

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealnormz ➡️
I agree with you. Some people have waited 3 years for a unit from us but not a purchase, a pre-order. We have some units in stock and they ship within a few days, usually on ebay, reverb and distributors.

I am sorry you feel our service is bad. We certainly have had many complaints over the years which we have and are addressing the best possible way with the current state of things.

We are very happy that so many people trust us and proud of so many 5 star reviews but recognize our shortcomings and continue to make progress in the right direction, it will take some time to clear all pre-orders with so much demand but we are getting closer.

Thanks for your valuable input
Closed