Quantcast
New gear - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New gear
Old 11th March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
New gear

Hey all I just wanted to rave about some newly acquired gear...in January my mackie d8b died and I needed a replacement after doing some research I settled on a presonus studio live 24 channel board which is a drastic improvement over the mackie. No more latency issues, no unnecessary layers everything is laid out logically and the preamps sound much better...speaking of preamps I finally found a decent stand alone mic pre I had been trying for years to find something with a colored sound that could help shape, sparkle and push the vocal to the front of the mix I had initially wanted to go with joe meek and had a vc6 a vc1 and a vc3 they were all noisy and gave no character to the vocal....next I tried a tc helicon I already have a gforce and a friend of mine uses a gold channel so I thought a tc mic pre would do it but it had a lot of unnecessary features, harmonizes etc..at the end of the day all the presets sounded the same like some doubled chorusy crap lol...then I tried a digitech vocalist because I thought hey Ill plug my guitar in strum some chords and it will pitch shift my voice....sounded like a good idea but it really wasn't a plug and play setup again just too many options and layers of menus, I thought it would do "intelligent" pitch correction not programming in every scale....finally enter the warm audio tone beast straight ahead easy to follow killer tone versatile rapping singing male female etc...and not too many options allowing you to dial in the sound quickly and nail it...I have it paired with a Michael joly modded mxl v67g and it sounds phenomenal. The final piece I acquired was some plugins from plogue I got chip crusher and chip sounds...chip crusher gives me a more flexible bitcrusher since I sold my w30 due to space limitations and a desire to get rid of floppies. The chip sounds is a unique video game sound generator and emulator, I probably won't use it too much but it's good to have in the arsenal.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…