The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Euphoria from Spring Cleaning?
Old 6th May 2003
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Euphoria from Spring Cleaning?

Just finished my annual "spring cleaning", which goes way beyond mere cleaning. Furniture gets rearranged, a ton of **** gets thrown out, gear unused for the past year gets earmarked for e-bay, and the studio ergonomics and layout get fine tuned so that stuff I use all the time is more accessible, space is used more efficiently, and the overall "look and feel" is improved.

It's a trip! I feel like I have a whole brand new studio. Kind of like when you just finished setting up about $20,000 worth of new gear.

Just think, you can get the same high as when you are slutting, but without the high price tag! C'mon Slutz, give it a try! (Anyone else find this to be true?)
Old 6th May 2003
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
I have to do that twice a year. I move the whole rig, most of it anyway, up to western massachussets every summer for a festival. And of course back again at the end of the summer. It's kinda refreshing to get a new room and a new layout every summer, but it's still a big pain in the ass. grudge On the other hand, it does keep my rig completely uncluttered. I wish it could be simpler, but it is a great way to clean it all out and start fresh!

-Dave
Old 9th May 2003
Gear Head

๐ŸŽง 15 years
All I have is my little one-room project studio and rehearsal/performance space. A friend of a friend has been storing a B3 and Leslie speaker here for over a year. We loved having it available for use in recordings, but damn it sure did take up a bunch of room and was a real pain in the ass to move around.

Finally got its owner hooked up with yet another friend who refurbishes B3s, they worked out a deal, he bought it and moved it away last week!! It does feel like I have a whole new room and I'm ready to redecorate and fill up all that new space with my own stuff.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…