Quantcast
scoping out the work scene - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
scoping out the work scene
Old 23rd April 2003
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
scoping out the work scene

hey fellow gear slutz! (btw in case you noticed this is my first post - its actually not. i have been around here for awhile but this is my more anonymous login)

i'm looking to scope out the scene for work in chicago. i currently work at a small production house in the suburbs, where i make an actual salary, but i am curious to see what my options are if i left and went the freelance route.

i have lots and lots of music engineering, post production mixing, dialog editing, sound design, and protools experience. i've got major release record, video, and feature film credits, so i'm no slacker. i'm a musician as well for what that's worth.

anyone with a job opening in the area or leads let me know! or are there some decent job board on the web i could check out?

i'm also curious to get a sense from everyone what the possibilities are these days for making money in this business in general. i've been where i am for so long i don't have a good sense what its like "out there," and the opinion of the gear slutz are valuable to me!

thanks everyone. here's to hoping this post provides some good news! if the response is grim perhaps jules should move it to the moan zone...

thanks.

-via spiaggia-
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…