Quantcast
ADK AU Capsules....wow - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ADK AU Capsules....wow
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
ADK AU Capsules....wow

Just got my tube mic back. Top-notch with no sibilance. Presence, air and I did not reach for an EQ ......GK12 capsule for 250 worth every penny. I want to mod another tube with some other capsules he has like the 47 or 251. Those guys know what they are doing. Has anyone else found out or ordered a mod with these capsules made in Australia?
Old 3rd February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Hi Antoniosolo,

First, the AU capsules are not *made* in Australia but they were designed there. It's an easy mistake to make. I Know this from speaking with Larry personally.

As far as the other GK capsules go, I have the new Cremona II FET mic in my studio right now (prototypeusing the 251 cap) and the Berlin II FET(prototype using the 47 cap). They do sound very nice. Here's a thread where I discuss them:
New ADK Cremona and Berlin mics being tested in my studio right now!

I also own the TC67, a tube mic with the 67 capsule in it. It sounds fantastice. Really nice mids, good highs with no sibilance.

I've been really impressed by what Larry and the ADK guys have been doing lately. After all the model name changes and confusion over the years, it's nice to see them finding a solid direction and lineup.
Old 3rd February 2009
Gear Guru

7 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I've uploaded a few more sound files at hear the gear dot com. Look for recently added projects by tenchijin.

I've got samples of all 4 FET II AU mics as drum overhead (mono), and many samples of male voice, female voice, and electric and acoustic guitars.

I should have the whole line up of TC-au mics to test out here soon, as well. Fortunately there's a local dealer who can get pretty much all of them, and he has asked me to make sound files in return for getting to borrow all these mics.

I bought the TC-67AU based on my first auditioning session. I'm going to keep the Cremona II after this last session. I'm looking forward to hearing the TC-12 and TC-251.
Old 5th February 2009 | Show parent
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
The "AU" series capsules are very nice, I've had very little time lately to do much of anything in a studio, but the new 3 Zigma "CHI" system utilizes the same capsules and they are smooth sounding performers.

I really liked them all, but to me the GK-67 cap stood out as being very forgiving without a sizzle-y or edge-y sound, and a rich midrange.

War
Old 6th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I really liked the 67 capsule. I bought the TC67, it was so well balanced- nice colored mids, good highs, and smooth bottom.

I also just bought the Cremona (251 cap) prototype that I've been testing. Cool!
Old 25th February 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
I own the ADK Custom Shop FET Hamburg 2 AU and Vienna 2 AU. I also own three of their CS1 tube mics, each with a different capsule. I have the GK67, GK12, and Blue Yellowcap 47. Working on a 251...

All are amazing. I use them each and every day. With a strong leanings towards the mics with the GK12 and GK67 caps. They take EQ very well. And have no major sibilance issues. They are amazingly full sounding mics. I use them on everything from metal screechers to opera singers.

Don't love them on acoustics or violins. But they are lights out for voice. And they hold their own in front of a Plexi or Mesa as well.

I can afford most any mic I need to have in here. But I picked the ADKs on sound alone. And the company is just fantastic to deal with!
Old 3rd March 2009 | Show parent
Jai guru deva om

🎧 15 years
My friend who owns a pair of original AKG C12A called me again today telling me he can punch in using the 3 Zigma CHI "251" capsule (AU cap) and the only difference is self noise (the 3 Zigma being very quiet).

War
Old 3rd March 2009 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Big thumbs up for ADK mics. I'm continually blown away by the incredible bang for the buck you get with them. If anyone hasn't tried them yet, a pair of A6 mics on acoustic guitar is about as nice as I've heard.
Old 12th March 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy929net ➑️
We have over 4000 new year product for your friend,love and family
Wow... Sounds amazing.
Old 12th March 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy929net ➑️
Main brand is lv gucci hermes dior chloe chanel ysl mulberry replica handbags purse wallets jewerly
Yes they are amazing - I already tried a few of these - I actually preferred them over my DPA's and MKH's...

Very impressive!!!

[Wonder if they even can beat the new Behringer line..?]

Old 10th June 2009 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnickb ➑️
Wow... Sounds amazing.
ROTFL

...it sure does! I'm very surprised there isn't more excitement about this? I myself am r e a l l y impressed!

What I can't understand, though, is why he uses the singular form for "friend" in his otherwise extremely attractive presentation? With products like these this guy must have hundreds of friends - maybe thousands! I just don't get it?

Baguette
Old 18th July 2009 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
TC 47?

Has anyone tried the ADK TC-47 Au? I'm torn between the 47 and the 67. What would you consider the most versatile to use for R&B and Rap vocals on a wide variety of vocal timbres? Taking into account the need to stack vocals with out muddying up the mix, while minimizing sibilance.

The U87 is regarded as a mic that while it may not be the best choice for a particular vocalist it is always adequate enough to get a descent take. Between the ADK 47 & 67 which do you feel meets that general criteria?
Old 26th July 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernovasounds ➑️
Has anyone tried the ADK TC-47 Au? I'm torn between the 47 and the 67. What would you consider the most versatile to use for R&B and Rap vocals on a wide variety of vocal timbres? Taking into account the need to stack vocals with out muddying up the mix, while minimizing sibilance.

The U87 is regarded as a mic that while it may not be the best choice for a particular vocalist it is always adequate enough to get a descent take. Between the ADK 47 & 67 which do you feel meets that general criteria?
I haven't used the TC-47, but I do own the TC-67 and have used the CS-47Y. I believe the TC-67 is better as an "all around" mic than the 47ish variations. It has more mid bite and a bigger sound, to me, and sounds good on almost anything.

I have also tried the ADK Berlin-47 mic (a solid state 47) and it has a pretty cool sound. A very nice retro sound with good mid bite and still a mellow (reminiscent of an SM7b) sound.
Old 31st July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Check out this thread to hear the differences between these superb mics!

ADK TT-AU Comparison - ALL 5 Capsules on Drums

I have the 251 and it kills on vocals (and acoustic guitar).
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…