Korean Alt Rock - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korean Alt Rock
Old 24th January 2009
Gear Guru

2 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Korean Alt Rock

I've been poking around Youtube and have really fallen in love with some Korean Alt-Rock'ish sort of bands. There's some nice stuff going on there, though some of this stuff is now four or five years old. I have no idea what they saying, but it's not necessary. I still really enjoy listening.

So I figured I'd post some in case somebody else whated to be turned on to something new. First is 3rd Line Butterfly. They aren't together anymore unfortunately. The singer is now part of Huckleberry Finn. And not all of their stuff is like these, since they have some more punkish type stuff as well. But I particularly like these. The Huckleberry stuff is generally harder also. The girl has a 'boiling nails' tone when she wants that's right up there with Kobain.

YouTube - 3rd Line Butterfly - 광합성
YouTube - the third line butterfly - twentynine, suddenly
YouTube - 3rd Line Butterfly - 울음ê³*래

And here is Nastyona. There are a number of really interesting tunes from this live performance on some TV show. It doesn't hurt that she's cute as a button, but the songs are really interesting.

YouTube - Nastyona - 바늘 [live]
YouTube - Nastyona - Judith [live]
YouTube - Nastyona - Empty [live]
YouTube - Nastyona - Secret [live]

Here's this really beautiful song by a band called Adult Child, from the sound track of some Korean movie. It's this super trancey thing that about half way through starts building up and up. I think it's great, particularly if you are in the mood for something nice and tingly.

YouTube - Adultchild - It's Rain [song]
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…