Quantcast
Lauten Audio Oceanus - Really Nice Mic!!! - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lauten Audio Oceanus - Really Nice Mic!!!
Old 21st January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Cool Lauten Audio Oceanus - Really Nice Mic!!!

I got an Oceanus to try out a few days ago and used it on a female voice for a quick production I did as a favor.

"IT'S NOT GOING BACK!!!"

This mic is simply beautiful. Makes a semi-pro like me look good.

Here's the track I used it on;

Liska Leslie - Could It Be

For more info you can visit the facebook group;

Liska Leslie - 44BLACK

For more info on 44BLACK;

44BLACK Overview
Old 21st January 2009
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I like the song a lot. It sounds great too. The Oceanus is my favorite as well. I know exactly how you feel when you say "it's not going back"
The quality of this mic for the money....wow.
Old 22nd January 2009
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nomad ➑️
I got an Oceanus to try out a few days ago and used it on a female voice for a quick production I did as a favor.

"IT'S NOT GOING BACK!!!"

This mic is simply beautiful. Makes a semi-pro like me look good
That's how I felt about the mic. I was out-wrestled though

They were great on piano and great on drum overheads. I haven't had the pleasure of trying them out on anything else. Good to hear it works for vocals, as the character of that mic was far different than the options I have now. It was more open and live sounding than I am used to here, unless I am renting.

I want to get a pair, just have to save my pennies.
Old 22nd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah me & artist I work with got the Oceanus & the Clarion to demo...Clarion went back but the Oceanus went Boughtheh
Old 23rd January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYBEEETSSS ➑️
Yeah me & artist I work with got the Oceanus & the Clarion to demo...Clarion went back but the Oceanus went Boughtheh
What were you're findings - how would you describe the difference between the two?
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Take a look at the website. There are all kinds of samples. I have used them all. The Clarion sounds much better once it's broken in some.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung ➑️
What were you're findings - how would you describe the difference between the two?
Well, by no means am I saying that the clarion doesn't sound good, But when we cut the same vocal on the Oceanus, It just......OK, u know how ppl always say that PTLE sounds as if u have a blanket on the mix & that when U get it modded or record in HD that the blanket goes away??? Sorta like that...
Old 24th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Thanks for the answers! Lauten Audio Microphones will stay on my list of possible purchase for 09...
Old 25th January 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung ➑️
thanks for the answers! Lauten audio microphones will stay on my list of possible purchase for 09...
Jummpp

oceanus

Last edited by KEYBEEETSSS; 25th January 2009 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: I'M JUST SAYIN...{:
Old 18th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
To me, that Liska Leslie vocal track is quite piercing on the high end - did you add EQ to it?
Old 19th February 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybregar ➑️
To me, that Liska Leslie vocal track is quite piercing on the high end - did you add EQ to it?
Yes I did add EQ and in hind sight the mix just sucks. I've recently relocated to Cape Town and the room was not set up proper at the time of this production.
In fact the drums where recorded at Dockyard Studios by Matt Alison who did a great job. However the drummer and musicians barely had chance to get to know their parts and it turned out at very late stages of the tracking that Liska was not happy with the direction instrumentation which left us with little to work with. The exec. producer however wanted the track out the door for upload on the presidential inauguration day so no time was spent on editing drums and very little spent on the mix and I screwed up. I did not do Matt's tracking of the drums or the the vocals and mic the justice they deserve.
The other day I spent some time repositioning my sub and tuning the room a little more and when I listened back to the mix I was rather horrified. tutt

Excuses aside; do yourself a favor and get one on loan if possible in your area and let your ears do the judging. It is a good mic that deserves a try. I know that Brian and team put a lot of effort into this mic.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Excuses aside; do yourself a favor and get one on loan if possible in your area and let your ears do the judging. It is a good mic that deserves a try. I know that Brian and team put a lot of effort into this mic.
Yeah he's rite; I won't go into what kind of mics I already have as it will just cause an argument in this thread for lack of a better phrase; but I will say that When I 1st got the mic I wasn't impressed; Ironically, that was on my voice which really doesn't sound good anyway; as I got into some serious sessions with some serious artist It kept getting better, & better & better & better to the point where when comparing it to some other mics, I was like wowwwww; So now it's a favorite; Like all mics, U can stick it on 100% of everything, but maybe 98%heh... I, & I told Brian this I think(I told somebody) that these mics are under priced & I think as time goes on they may go up but then again speaking with Brian & seeing the kind of guy he is, they may not; Like Sonic said, get 1 to demo if u can & then u can see for urselfs... & then if u don't like it, it can go back as simple as u getting it...
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
I have a demo coming along with a 2247 SE. So I'll soon see how it sounds first hand!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I have a demo coming along with a 2247 SE. So I'll soon see how it sounds first hand!
Nicse...
Old 8th June 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
liked to read of your findings among these two mics. im thinking of the peluso too.
i guess mainly for male vocals and classical guitar/acustic.
thx
Old 21st September 2009 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I love the Clarion on overheads or room mics
Old 4th June 2010
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:

"IT'S NOT GOING BACK!!!"

This mic is simply beautiful. Makes a semi-pro like me look good.
I just got mine and even though my studio isn't finished I just had to pull out my preamps and board and try it out and I'm so freaking happy with it I just played and sang and felt super inspired.....didn't get much texturing done this afternoon, oh well.
Old 5th June 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by slymo ➑️
I just got mine and even though my studio isn't finished I just had to pull out my preamps and board and try it out and I'm so freaking happy with it I just played and sang and felt super inspired.....didn't get much texturing done this afternoon, oh well.
Koolz Yeah its a great piece for sure; doesn't hav that "it sounds like _____" factor to it; it jus has its own character...
Old 8th June 2010 | Show parent
AB3
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Sounded extremely good. Highly recommended.
Old 24th November 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
So how did it go?
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…