The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drumagog works!
Old 10th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Drumagog works!

Recorded a band recently, wasn't in my room and the clock was running... The drummer refused to remove his front kik head and
plays loads of double kik machine gun style stuff.

After transfer to Nuendo from Adat I realized the kik wasn't going to cut it. The sound I got had plenty of lowend with no snap and too much cymbal. When he would do the machine gun kik drum stuff the mix would just get muddy.

Enter the Drumagog demo...
This thing works incrediblty well. Using the sensitivty with the filter/resolution knobs I was able to dial in these insane kik drum patterns exactly.

I've used the alesis drum trigger rack thing in the past with much frustration. So I was skeptical to say the least.
Within 10 minutes of downloading the demo I had a snappy new kik sound.

It does introduce a little latency though. Zooming in and nudging a bit took care of that though.

I don't work for them...I'm just really impressed right now with how well it worked for me considering my dismal experience with other triggering methods.

If you've been wondering about it, it is worth downloading the demo. Certainly a tool I would want on hand in these less than perfect situations.
Old 24th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
please say this works for mac too!

i'm leaving Pro Tools and i need a drum replacer
Old 24th March 2003
Here for the gear

🎧 15 years
Thumbs up Drumagog Rocks

I have had much reason to call on drumagog - bad technique on my part, poor equipment from drummers, and attempts to get a kik sound that the drum kit in question simply would not get (heavy metal type kik drum using felt beaters, etc).

Drumagog saves much time and frustration.

I'v also used drumagog to great effect for production issues. I record many rap-metal type bands. In some cases, I have replaced the kik with a rap type bass drum in certain phrases.

Additionally, a judicious use of gates helps to tweak drumagog, preventing mis-fires but beware of losing a hit when doing so.

The delay introduced is easily fixed - I copy the original track and perform my drumagog tweaks on the copy and then use the original drum track as a guide for aligning the copied drumagog tweaked track.

Also (I am not associated with the business) but I can express that support is fantastic.

Great product

Building a great sample library is where the magic of drumagog can really shine.
Old 25th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Drumagog is a monster. The tiggering is magically good.

If it was on the Mac, PT people wouldn´t quit talking about it. It´s that good. It´s saved me on a number of mixing gigs.

Regards,
Brian T
Old 26th March 2003
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Check out this quote from their site:

"Drumagog is one of the most brilliant programs I've come across. It's saved me literally thousands of hours editing drums while working on the Korn record "Untouchables" ... - Rob Hill (Engineer"...)

LOL. The new Guns -n- Roses?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…