Quantcast
Thumbs Up - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Thumbs Up
Old 14th February 2003
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Thumbs Up

I had a traumatic day yesterday because no sooner had I finally got my new console installed (which took two weeks in all) but my SSL compressor inexplicably stopped working.
It was late in the evening so I looked up the SSL website and emailed their customer support.
By mid morning I had an email back from a very friendly bloke.
He said they could fix the problem if I wanted, explained the process, how long it might take and how much it would cost.
Or, he said I could have a go at fixing it myself. He went through all the possible causes and possible cures, said he could provide all the schematics and I could call any time if I had a problem.
It was such a change to receive such a prompt and helpful reply. A change not to be treated like some kind of nomark. They've got a lot of BIG desks in expensive studios, but they still seem to care about the project guy.
Anyone else want to give a thumbs up to a caring manufacturer?

BTW, I bought it used about 5 years ago, so it isn't as if I'm a recent customer.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…