Quantcast
Studio Building / Acoustics - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 239 views: 367,864
Kyle P. Gushue 18th June 2021

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 83 views: 348,944
Jason Foi 14th June 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 18,016
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 129,167
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 277,831
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 1,582 views: 48,115
sage691 3 hours ago

A friend gave me 10 hand-built stepped diffusers he built using arqen's "modular, optimized stepped diffuser" plans...

staticwhitesound
replies: 0 views: 35
staticwhitesound 3 hours ago

Hello guys, I recently tried to make my own acoustic panels. I'm a student and I don't have much money, but I managed to...

Undertone54
replies: 2 views: 70
Undertone54 6 hours ago

The forum over at studiotips.com appears to have gone off line. This would be quite a loss. Any insights as to what is...

DanDan
replies: 20 views: 1,518
Kyle P. Gushue 6 hours ago

Oh well, here we go again... It's difficult to find a practice room in my area which is big enough for my needs, without...

soduno
replies: 5 views: 151
Kyle P. Gushue 7 hours ago

Hey everyone ! I just moved to my new heaven, the one I can finally really work on the acoustic. I made some measures, and I'd...

elcampero
replies: 5 views: 261
Mike Caffrey 8 hours ago

Hello everybody, I'm new here and so I'm looking for some help with my studio that I'm building. I have some issues with flutter...

christian.g
replies: 2 views: 115
Mike Caffrey 8 hours ago

hey good people and musicians, anyone can explain these weird dips in the lower registers? (spec huge -10db at60hz, 99hz and...

iliedmama
replies: 16 views: 217
thethrillfactor 9 hours ago

The back of my studio faces a busy street with lots of traffic. Creates a lot of noise and a lot of ruined takes. Moving the...

Rob Coates
replies: 21 views: 435
Rob Coates 10 hours ago

[Edit[ ** New Measurements in post below ** I’m in the process of converting a living room into a small project studio with...

quarantinebeats
replies: 20 views: 360
quarantinebeats 21 hours ago

Hello, wizzards, I need your help! I have a room that is roughly 4.5/ 5/ 3m, to use for tracking. I will probably track...

F.B.
replies: 10 views: 327
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi all. First, good job with the rebrand, was nice to see. My wife and I just bought a place with a big open first floor that...

ecx
replies: 0 views: 67
ecx 1 day ago

Hi all, i need your help. Im moving, and i have these two rooms available for my office/home studio. I've read a lot about...

JotaHaya
replies: 1 views: 82
TomSleebus 1 day ago

I have a Drumkit permanently mic-ed up on my double Garage conversion.I use my laptop and my Audient ID 22 and ASP 880 to record...

easyrider
replies: 76 views: 1,286
easyrider 1 day ago

Hi, I'm not sure where else to place this thread, hopefully it's in the right place. I'm looking to purchase a producer's...

recall
replies: 5 views: 341
Jmfreeland 1 day ago

Hello Everyone! I'm having a house and a home studio built, and the construction is supposed to start in about 1.5 - 2 months....

kwow
replies: 83 views: 4,330
kwow 1 day ago

Hi all, Building a new studio, I found that the corner studs from the sidewall were placed not symmetrically. In the end,...

oranzil
replies: 0 views: 57
oranzil 1 day ago

Hey guys!! After a two and a half months of reading and searching along the network I think I´m ready to start with my studio´s...

D13b9
replies: 339 views: 10,090
Mike Caffrey 2 days ago

HI GUYS. Has Anyone come across straw bales being used in studio construction at all? I've seen great houses made out of straw...

jackinthebox
replies: 38 views: 9,964
mahasandi 2 days ago

Hello. I'm not entirely sure what I'm wondering about, but I guess it could be summarized to that I want to ask if anyone has...

Deleted 5072d97
replies: 41 views: 5,753
EddaLeitman 2 days ago

Was thinking of using command strips or hooks, assuming they could hold the weight. Anybody else have some experience with...

ryan1431
replies: 4 views: 154
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone is able to offer me advice on one more piece of information before I move forward...

richofcanada
replies: 2 views: 145
TomSleebus 3 days ago

Trying to source some proper duct liner for baffle building. In another thread, someone mentioned this...

thechrisl
replies: 3 views: 157
Starlight 3 days ago

Good day, all! Im obviously no expert, and not looking for "expert" advice on room modes, frequency response...

Sixstringer09
replies: 6 views: 177
TomSleebus 3 days ago

Hi Everybody, I don't have woodworking skills or space, trying to get scientifically effective and cheap bass diaphragmatic...

bunningswarehous
replies: 0 views: 124
bunningswarehous 4 days ago

Hello I’m in the process of having a house and the studio built in Japan. Well, the company that’s building it made a...

kwow
replies: 6 views: 209
kwow 4 days ago

I've just moved to a new house with a combination detached garage and backyard kitchen that I'm looking into the possibilities of...

Space Pickle
replies: 3 views: 133
foxwaves 5 days ago

Hello friends , I am considering the purchase of a second property to be utilized as a home away from home studio. My question...

chadnjoy
replies: 13 views: 285
gullfo 5 days ago

Hi guys Reading here already for some years and got some nice input for my own room design. As recently moved into a new home,...

David79
replies: 16 views: 418
David79 5 days ago

Hello All! I believe this is my first post here, but I’ve been reading and taking notes for a few years now. I’m all...

SLRMusic
replies: 11 views: 385
gullfo 5 days ago

Hey! Does anyone have any experience with using rubber flooring in a control room? If so, which type of rubber? (natural...

sagar4848
replies: 0 views: 106
sagar4848 5 days ago

Hello everyone, I'd like to set up my home studio in a spare room, but its shape is a little odd and there are some rather...

catalinp2004
replies: 5 views: 158
Bassmankr 5 days ago

I want to ask about the Membrane effect and Gap space counting. This is all said very generalized and I know there is more to...

Methamill
replies: 11 views: 182
thethrillfactor 5 days ago

Nevermind. Figured it out.

devnull
replies: 2 views: 176
gullfo 6 days ago

I just did a Frankenstein monitor project using yamaha ns20 as the cab, using 2 ns10 tweeters for highs and mids and the 8inch...

sinnan
replies: 9 views: 227
Philbo King 1 week ago

Hello everyone, i want to apologize in case i'm doing this thread on the wrong place, i've been reading this forum for some time...

thom96
replies: 19 views: 280
thom96 1 week ago

Hi 👋 I have a 13 ft L x 12 ft W studio with 16.5 ft high ceilings. There is a loft space above the studio that extends...

madmansknowledge
replies: 12 views: 281
madmansknowledge 1 week ago

After a lot of reading I get that with my small vo booth plans (4x8x7') I'm stuck with just getting it DEAD. Couple questions on...

JV8
replies: 1 views: 145
Starlight 1 week ago

Interested in buying a church that has a newer metal roof. The main room is 60L 37W 18H. The roof installers told me the underlay...

KrisMiller1982
replies: 5 views: 146
RayHeath 1 week ago

Hey folks! I'm looking to start up a rehearsal studio in my area. There are a couple of other hourly studios in town but we...

AcesHighLasVegas
replies: 4 views: 3,475
SpaceAce 1 week ago

Hey everyone! So i need some real pro tips on how to treat this room in the best way. As you can see on the pictures there are...

tidelito
replies: 3 views: 183
TomSleebus 1 week ago

I have a basement room that I get a lot of multi use out of. Sometimes I rehearse in there with bands, sometimes I am tracking,...

MikeRL
replies: 34 views: 519
TomSleebus 1 week ago

I am considering building my own Studio Monitors. At first I thought of purchasing new powered monitors and thought. I wonder...

Hattrick
replies: 11 views: 1,149
Northward 1 week ago

Sometimes MDF likes to split on the edges when piloted and fastened with screws. Is there something that can be done to prevent...

OpusOfTrolls
replies: 12 views: 415
soldat 1 week ago

Hey everyone, I'm finally recieving my measurement microphone in a couple days, and I'd like to be prepared for when it arrives....

JHernandezH
replies: 4 views: 148
erikthered 1 week ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Here is your daily room measurement post :facepalm: More...

Sylvain Leroux
replies: 20 views: 649
Sylvain Leroux 1 week ago

Hi, This is my first post here. I wanted to see how I could possibly use the limited space in my mobile home to create a...

boradicus
replies: 5 views: 211
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hi! I think it should work, but could you guys confirm that ratios for lenght, width and height are interchangeable with...

PATATAJEC
replies: 7 views: 283
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

I've been working on improving my room lately and made a change recently to get 'better' bass. I now have 'more' bass but not...

jerry123
replies: 11 views: 283
johannburkard 1 week ago

Leo Beranek died yesterday, Oct. 11 2016, at 102 years of age. A legend in the field, he pioneered many of things we take for...

jayfrigo
replies: 4 views: 6,667
boradicus 1 week ago

Moderators