The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Zaor
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 249 views: 413,378
Philbo King 10th May 2022

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 84 views: 379,477
El-Burrito 8th October 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 32,090
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 167,024
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 315,278
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I previously had triple layered moving blankets on walls and foam on ceiling for this gtr tracking room , but they smelled too...

Hyep
replies: 1 views: 72
MAXX VADA 2 hours ago

I have several rectangular traps, 49" x 32" x 9", built with 1x8 common board frame and filled with 9" of...

FlabbaFan
replies: 6 views: 141
FlabbaFan 3 hours ago

Hi everyone, I’ve built a tiny vocal booth for recording vocals. The inside measurements (W x D x H) are 60cm (23.6”) x 60cm...

olevski
replies: 9 views: 244
MAXX VADA 3 hours ago

I have ~46 m3 of available space in which to build a room within a room, so the resulting room would be between 35~37 m3....

Scoox
replies: 72 views: 2,404
Kyle P. Gushue 5 hours ago

A few questions on pink fluffy for my corners. I've got a 26'x16'x8' control room -- In my corners I'm planning to do 4"...

drewharris
replies: 17 views: 570
Kyle P. Gushue 6 hours ago

I'm building a studio in my basement. The basement floor consists of a toilet, hobby room, storage room and the room where my...

erike123
replies: 13 views: 411
Kyle P. Gushue 8 hours ago

Room Acoustics: it seems that everyone is more concerned with reflections when they should be concerned with LF resonances. Did...

jhbrandt
replies: 42 views: 4,224
JayPee 11 hours ago

Hello Friends, I'm not very experienced on the acoustics front and would appreciate if someone can help turn my space into a...

Malawar
replies: 3 views: 184
TomSleebus 12 hours ago

Hi everyone, my house has a (currently damp) basement which I would like to use as a home studio. In 10 days I'll be...

BogaNet
replies: 22 views: 1,359
TomSleebus 19 hours ago

PERFBASS A new Acoustic Design Technology for Acoustic Treatment of Small Rooms, which creates effective Full Spectrum...

PerfBass
replies: 102 views: 5,509
dinococcus 20 hours ago

I'm sure this has been answered before but I can't find it anywhere. I am planning to beefup my exterior walls with layers of...

khallenb
replies: 2 views: 147
khallenb 1 day ago

Hello, I was inclined to try Caruso IsoBond due to all the posts where people have it uncovered. However, when placed 6...

pancho_francisco
replies: 9 views: 1,032
Vanx 1 day ago

Hey guys, I have a 10x12 room where I'll be recording all my vocals. Do you think this new product will deaden the sound and...

Misa_
replies: 40 views: 12,573
PeterFJ 1 day ago

Hi, I'm moving to a new house soon, and I'll need to build a rehearsal studio in the garage. The situation : - We want to be...

jeffpage
replies: 41 views: 1,751
TomSleebus 1 day ago

Hi, hope everybody's great. On March 10th, 2021, my partner Max and I began the construction of our dream studio here in our...

Oroz
replies: 52 views: 2,816
Oroz 1 day ago

How should I hookup dual subs if I go that route? Going to do surround / atmos setup. 1. sub out just gets the two subs 2....

michael_stram
replies: 1 views: 147
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

My wall at this point; concrete - studs with insulation - mdf What is more effective soundproofing wise?: concrete - studs...

erike123
replies: 7 views: 214
TomSleebus 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I've got a question concerning the positioning of my monitors in a room, which has furniture (in my case a...

zteve
replies: 1 views: 112
TomSleebus 3 days ago

I've got this strange issue. Perhaps someone that knows acoustics can shed some light here. I don't understand what's...

copperx
replies: 8 views: 337
akebrake 3 days ago

I'm trying to determine if this material is going to A) Reflect hi frequencies and B) Absorb down to 50hz Below is a link to the...

DjElvis
replies: 4 views: 195
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi all, I've spent a good amount of time on this site reading lots of posts on studio building, and feel like I have a pretty...

keenanbranch
replies: 1 views: 130

Long story short, found this guy on FB market that makes panels. He ended up telling me that he got a bunch of oc703 for free,...

Bedroompop
replies: 15 views: 437

After covering my rear wall with rockwool I’ve developed respiratory problems, due to the off-gassing of formaldehyde. Original...

radioactivity
replies: 8 views: 4,784
TomSleebus 4 days ago

Hey guys! I work in a pretty small studio surrounded by a lot of rock wool panels, and lately the thought of breathing in tiny...

Ollivolli
replies: 17 views: 712
copperx 5 days ago

I have my room with many bass traps. The room is 15' x 16' with 10 ft ceilings.'the ceiling in the back is flat and them dips...

Joji
replies: 14 views: 4,280
thethrillfactor 5 days ago

I'm trying to construct acoustic panels, and it occurred to me that I could save some effort by grabbing an old twin bed base...

copperx
replies: 5 views: 172
GrapeCrush 5 days ago

Hey, so I live in a basement apartment at the moment. I sing and mix on my speakers and my upstairs neighbors told me they never...

RandalfZeRedNose
replies: 1 views: 132
pencilextremist 5 days ago

Found a novel method of sound absorption i figured some of you may be interested in. However the first impression doesn't seem...

jupiter8
replies: 0 views: 126
jupiter8 5 days ago

Hello, I am building my own home cinema currently, but this questions pertains to the isolated problem, so that we don't lose...

kosta88
replies: 2 views: 207
TomSleebus 5 days ago

Hello All, I will be building a concrete block wall studio in my residential neighborhood. Since most of my professional work...

AnalogBrain
replies: 33 views: 2,713
notificationva 6 days ago

Hey there, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-cX3FcLS5A so I got this little studio corner in my typical Berlin Altbau flat....

doepfer
replies: 14 views: 572
Adhoc 6 days ago

Tracking grand piano, upright bass, vox, pedal steel, acoustic gtr, in hall room with above mentioned dimensions. When I...

Hyep
replies: 2 views: 124
Hyep 6 days ago

My 2nd studio build. I am hoping for some suggestions. Please see attached drawing. Goal is 70dB+ isolation. I am clueless...

grega60438
replies: 18 views: 477
grega60438 6 days ago

I should preface this by stating that my room 4.14m x 3.78m x 3.25m (LxWxH) room is used for 2ch music and movie enjoyment, I...

ToTo Man
replies: 217 views: 11,376
ToTo Man 6 days ago

I often run FOH for a showcase venue while another guy does the webcast mix. He's gonna be out for a while so I'll be both...

Brent Hahn
replies: 5 views: 464
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hey everyone, I’m in the very early planning stages for a studio conversion for my detached garage. The garage is built on a...

pickyourking
replies: 9 views: 570
Goliaff 1 week ago

Anyone needing tectum panels in Los Angeles let me know. I have multiple 4x8 sheets in 1" and 1.5" thicknesses. These...

siniarch
replies: 0 views: 141
siniarch 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I finally began my studio build after months of prep, and getting all the materials and pieces of the puzzle put...

VESmedic
replies: 0 views: 178
VESmedic 1 week ago

Seems to be down. Any one know what is up with it. Hoping temporary but haven't tried going there in quite a while. Thanks,

MajorNoteStudio
replies: 4 views: 254
adrumdrum 1 week ago

Not sure how this can be called a home studio but it is located in someones home so there's that. Enjoy this amazing setup....

Binza
replies: 1 views: 256
Paistemage 1 week ago

Hi folks, I recently bought a flat in a converted school (building is from circa 1860) and I am planning to do structural work...

primiano
replies: 10 views: 335
iphone SE 1 week ago

Hey All, My electrician recommended a surge protector unit for the entire circuit breaker (so protecting the entire house...

sirjuxtable
replies: 3 views: 205
Philbo King 1 week ago

Hi I read all I could find on Gearspace regarding VPR bass traps, and still have not found anyone who made a successfull one...

BassMonkey
replies: 11 views: 389
housegezeichnet 1 week ago

I'm thinking about not hanging drywall in my mixing room and instead just putting an acoustically transparent fabric over the...

Jaxethan2
replies: 11 views: 460

I plan to incorporate my garage into my basement studio space and need to achieve a decent level of sound attenuation from my...

zwolf
replies: 32 views: 1,018

In a recent conversation, with an acoustician friend that has decades of experience, the topic of 'dead studios' from the 70s...

lucasanything
replies: 6 views: 399
Carl Freeland 1 week ago

Hello to all. I've built a studio attached to my house and I'm now planning the acoustical treatment phase and welcome your...

SOULSHAKER88
replies: 7 views: 274

Hello, I have been having problems with my back/buttocks and was recently diagnosed with spondylitis, recently just discovered...

ec.mastering
replies: 5 views: 311
thirdflr 1 week ago

Seems like a dumb question right? I’m building some pillar type bass traps - floor to ceiling. 30” deep. I was thinking...

augustin187
replies: 37 views: 1,174
Kyle P. Gushue 2 weeks ago

I have a small control room that has very non-ideal dimensions. Not a commercial studio, I just want to be able to mix my own...

staticwhitesound
replies: 5 views: 357
staticwhitesound 2 weeks ago

Moderators