Quantcast
Studio Building / Acoustics - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 240 views: 372,461
ToTo Man 3 days ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 83 views: 352,613
Jason Foi 14th June 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 19,416
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 132,485
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 281,185
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I should preface this by stating that my room 4.14m x 3.78m x 3.25m (LxWxH) room is used for 2ch music and movie enjoyment, I...

ToTo Man
replies: 35 views: 813
ToTo Man 9 minutes ago

Hi friends! I’ve got an I beam running the length of my new studio. (Detached garage) it’s right down the middle. the room...

augustin187
replies: 41 views: 590
augustin187 21 minutes ago

Right now floor is concrete and walls are brick. Would you put 1ft of rockwool then acoustic plasterboard? any tips I am a...

keenly
replies: 15 views: 350
TomSleebus 1 hour ago

Bob Hodas mentions toward the end of this video that soundboard exhibits a membrane effect, and if I recall correctly the...

Kyle P. Gushue
replies: 3 views: 113
bert stoltenborg 6 hours ago

I'm in L.A. and this John Hunter fellow seems like a great alternative to GIK and other mail order stuff. His prices are similar...

FaveDave
replies: 15 views: 505
Kyle P. Gushue 16 hours ago

I would like to install a relatively acoustically transparent floor above my small studio. IMGP2373_1.jpg shows the space and...

forestcreature
replies: 0 views: 67
forestcreature 16 hours ago

Hello all. I have been a lurker here over the last few years whenever my google foo on diffusion, absorption, and frequency...

brotj7
replies: 7 views: 271
brotj7 19 hours ago

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 1,890 views: 72,762
sage691 1 day ago

Hello, everyone. Hoping you're all well. I'm designing a decoupling system for my monitors based around sorbothane hemispheres...

Nitrouspizza
replies: 21 views: 576
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hello, Asking advice from the experienced gurus here: What are current good recommendations (brands and particular items)...

Presocratic
replies: 19 views: 1,072
calfemyn 2 days ago

I'm ginning up a cloud using denim insulation. It's a 2x4 panel, one batt thick (so about 4"). At the moment is is mounted...

Mastiff
replies: 0 views: 107
Mastiff 2 days ago

Here's a thought for the hive mind: How about a thread where we collectively rate the sonic footprint and ergonomics of...

sirjuxtable
replies: 0 views: 113
sirjuxtable 2 days ago

Hi guys - take a look at the pic, I occasionally see these ceiling corner fills, they seems to be used with 'regular' bass traps...

MRSEED
replies: 8 views: 239
MRSEED 3 days ago

Hey all. I’m treating a new home studio room soon, and I’ve been revising my original plan (just heavily treating a corner...

ziggysane
replies: 13 views: 426
Hot Sauce 3 days ago

So I was online looking around at a few things and came across a video for the Acoustic Fields kits. In the video they show how...

noah330
replies: 50 views: 6,624
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Is there any alternative for suspended ceiling in order to soundproof the ceiling? In any suggestion, please mention whether...

hag01
replies: 42 views: 1,095
Starlight 4 days ago

Good day everyone - hope you’re all well I’ve been looking at building my own studio desk, and I’ve done some reading on...

ReDress
replies: 19 views: 844
Hot Sauce 4 days ago

Following up on my ceiling post a couple of days ago. I've decided I want a 'semi-portable' soundproofing solution....

npowermusic
replies: 10 views: 422
OpusOfTrolls 4 days ago

Just starting to acoustically treat my room and I got 6 GIK tri-traps for the corners. That was the easy part. Spent all day...

Carbinax
replies: 0 views: 102
Carbinax 4 days ago

Hi all, I have searched the forum but haven't been able to find any info on this exact issue. So I have recently set up my...

lockstok
replies: 12 views: 1,067
InPhazor 4 days ago

I’ve been working on this live room since March of last year and it’s still not done. I’m running into soundproof problems....

agentgfunk
replies: 6 views: 350
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hi! I've read a few threads here on diffusers made of XPS. General consensus is that with 30kg/m density it is good enough...

StabMe
replies: 2 views: 188
StabMe 5 days ago

In this video, they suggest placing the speakers far enough from the wall to place an acoustic panel, except for in...

JL1000
replies: 3 views: 225
bert stoltenborg 5 days ago

I have a Drumkit permanently mic-ed up on my double Garage conversion.I use my laptop and my Audient ID 22 and ASP 880 to record...

easyrider
replies: 105 views: 1,965
easyrider 6 days ago

Hey guys! After 8 years of reading a lot in this community and learning a lot, I come to make my first post here and I hope it...

Felipe Nareba
replies: 8 views: 305
akebrake 6 days ago

Im building out a detached garage to be my studio. Its on a few acres and a distance from a rural road. Im not worried about...

augustin187
replies: 8 views: 271
augustin187 6 days ago

Thanks to you all I have quite a nicely treated small home room (2.5m w x 2.8m deep x 2.4 m high) for listening, some...

Sanchez
replies: 7 views: 311
Sanchez 6 days ago

Hello guys, I have a big problem... so i had to move from my location to another one and here i have a room that is 3xMeters...

xteelz
replies: 4 views: 222
xteelz 1 week ago

Hi Everybody! I would need some help, optimizing my recording/mixing room. I attached a REW-File with a reading from my...

Jake_Blues
replies: 20 views: 674
DownTheLine 1 week ago

Does anyone have any experience with Fiberglass or ECOSE absorption material? I purchased the Primacoustic London kit 12 that I...

kasami08
replies: 57 views: 2,099
kasami08 1 week ago

Hi, I have searched the forum but cannot seem to find an answer to this. My treatment plan for my room calls for 2D diffusion...

Jonas_h
replies: 3 views: 207
bert stoltenborg 1 week ago

Hi All, I was following the VPR discussions closely. I've paid a professional to translate the german patent document to...

Gestalt Miner
replies: 3 views: 275
maaaquemeseyo 1 week ago

I have two questions regarding building your DIY VPR absorber. 1. is there a difference between using CIB like material vs...

michalgrim
replies: 0 views: 167
michalgrim 1 week ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 199 views: 84,450
El-Burrito 1 week ago

I have built a room within a room in my house. 10' tall, 13' wide and 19' long. I will go into the room construction later in...

thirdflr
replies: 22 views: 1,071
DownTheLine 1 week ago

Hi Guys, I am in a process of building a big baffle wall - 3 speaker installed in it - 45 cm of fiberglass + 18 mm plywood +...

DANDI12
replies: 2 views: 246
adrumdrum 1 week ago

Hey all. Moving to a new place soon where I’ll have another 11 x 10 x 9 foot carpeted room to record in (sigh) if I really...

ziggysane
replies: 3 views: 189
sourpatch 1 week ago

hi, i have a noob question. i moved into a new place where i don't have a room for my speakers, i have to use the living...

andreizajev
replies: 2 views: 172
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hey folks! I'm looking to start up a rehearsal studio in my area. There are a couple of other hourly studios in town but we...

AcesHighLasVegas
replies: 5 views: 3,898
pipelineaudio 1 week ago

I'm in the lucky position that I moved into a new house where I can utilize a basement room for a hobbyist recording studio. I'll...

Junolab
replies: 6 views: 229
Junolab 1 week ago

I want to make some acoustic panels such as are typically made with Owens Corning 703. The recipe seems to be to brush the sides...

Mastiff
replies: 4 views: 187
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hi there, I have been lurking in this part of the forum for months, bought a few books (which are sadly stuck in my much...

Jean Luc Cougar
replies: 18 views: 628
akebrake 1 week ago

I have read this forum a LOT, and learned a lot, but the thing is everything seems too advanced for what I need to do. All I...

Lenaneedshelp
replies: 3 views: 306
nat8808 1 week ago

I just finished setting up a second-hand Studiobricks One Plus booth for voiceover recording. I've got foam covering the...

Corhash
replies: 1 views: 170
avare 1 week ago

I know questions about this calculator have come up many times so I'm sure this topic has been covered, but there's just so much...

thechrisl
replies: 15 views: 325
thechrisl 1 week ago

After rummaging through every thread and post I could find about studio desks, I've decided to put together a desk/workstation...

Shane Steel
replies: 88 views: 155,013
Atamian85 2 weeks ago

problem solved

PeterPetz
replies: 0 views: 165
PeterPetz 2 weeks ago

I'm starting the process of converting my garage in to a studio. I'd originally planned to build a room within a room,...

npowermusic
replies: 11 views: 270
Rick Dalton 2 weeks ago

I'm in a room with carpet. And I'm getting ready to tune my room again. (Hopefully for the last time) with thicker material. Not...

Cal-E
replies: 19 views: 1,415
htownholdin 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I want to measure my room. I learned some acoustic knowledge before so I know how to calculate several parameters...

Xsir
replies: 13 views: 366
Kyle P. Gushue 2 weeks ago

Moderators