The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Zaor
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 254 views: 423,281
gullfo 31st August 2022

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 84 views: 387,866
El-Burrito 8th October 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 34,904
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 174,352
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 322,488
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I have an oddly-shaped studio apartment with the following approximate dimensions: width: 15 ft. 1 in. length: 35...

jcool
replies: 10 views: 199
jcool 3 hours ago

So I don't produce, this is just 2ch listening room. With all my research on room treatment most google searches end here. Seems...

Powermankw
replies: 151 views: 4,142
Powermankw 5 hours ago

Opened window (no glass) is a perfect absorber. Energy just goes out and never comes back. And we only get direct signal. Also...

Hookness
replies: 12 views: 331
Mike Caffrey 5 hours ago

Hi, i am interested in the idea of adding rockwool on all the walls from top to bottom. Main idea is to deaden the room and...

11miles
replies: 6 views: 186
Mike Caffrey 5 hours ago

Hello to the users of this fine forum, I'm new here and I need help in treating my small listening room, so.. to the point....

TeddyBear
replies: 1 views: 84
thethrillfactor 6 hours ago

Hi all, I'm gonna use this thread to update on my progress treating my small (12.75'x8'x8') room. Hopefully by the end it proves...

slainbabyyc
replies: 7 views: 432
Mike Caffrey 6 hours ago

Hey everyone! I am planning treatment for the ceiling in my new studio room, and I want to add bass trapping up there. There is...

pettah93
replies: 4 views: 162
Mike Caffrey 6 hours ago

I started building a dedicated mastering studio in my backyard this year (I'm in the US). I just kind of dove in without fully...

Ganglion
replies: 4 views: 249
Mike Caffrey 6 hours ago

I have a small apartment that I'm considering trying some , -dry tracking & re-amping for guitar & bass in, -and (if I...

Thrip
replies: 3 views: 122
Kyle P. Gushue 6 hours ago

Hi there. I'm curious about panel membrane trap construction. I've seen a couple different designs that seem very...

cprescott1972
replies: 41 views: 1,868
bert stoltenborg 16 hours ago

Like many on here, I would like to mix in a bedroom. I've read a lot of threads and stickies here and also ran REW with a few...

guinsu
replies: 2 views: 139
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

I'm calibrating the H/L shelf knobs on my monitors with pink noise. I feel like such a newbie here, but I'm making do with what I...

Epixonix
replies: 1 views: 49
MAXX VADA 1 day ago

I'm aware this isn't quite studio building but I'm chancing that there are experts here with experience in dealing with these...

rmedek
replies: 2 views: 98
rmedek 1 day ago

Long story short, I took a room (shown in this post)...

Amusong
replies: 1 views: 108
OpusOfTrolls 1 day ago

Am I doing something wrong on the DCX2496?? I’ve been using a new Behringer DCX2496 for past few weeks to EQ four subs in my...

loglinear
replies: 1 views: 91
OpusOfTrolls 1 day ago

Hello, I'm facing this annoying problem with my unusual room acoustics. I have windows right behind my Monitor Speakers. It...

vasse
replies: 12 views: 159
vasse 1 day ago

I am setting up an ATMOS 7.2.4 system with 2 rel 10' subs opposite walls from each other. Everything is already bought including...

keenly
replies: 2 views: 118
keenly 1 day ago

hi slutz, There are a few tube trap threads, thought I'd see what everyone thinks bout some other methods of DIYing...

Burgertime
replies: 21 views: 2,971
RJHollins 1 day ago

Hello, I will be adding a double wall to mitigate sound between two rooms. However, in the existing wall there is an HVAC...

KarlG
replies: 13 views: 253
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Recently moved to a new house and am attempting to move most of my work to home. Attached tons of photos and specs. At the...

Audible Assassin
replies: 1 views: 63
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Redecorating and starting my bedroom from scratch and need help deciding on best placement for my HiFi setup. Mid-20s M, still...

alaurence96
replies: 3 views: 105

Hello all, I tried to find answers in the live sound section too but couldn't find much info. Apologies if my Google-fu is...

HANLI
replies: 7 views: 201

TLDR at the end Hi everyone! I posted in here about a year ago about this, but ran into a bunch of life stuff that put this on...

jlesh28
replies: 8 views: 209
TomSleebus 2 days ago

Hey everyone, Have a couple questions here. (See pictures) I am building my home studio in my top floor apartment where the...

replies: 43 views: 1,119
Mike Caffrey 2 days ago

My room is 8ft high and I seat at 4ft. Any input would be appreciated.

keenly
replies: 9 views: 224
keenly 2 days ago

Hi! I am looking for some insight. I have been planning this new studio to move to and I have had great advice from a local...

gporoma
replies: 5 views: 136
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hello everyone, I will soon get access to a property with a fair amount of space and I want to build out a project studio there....

InTheShed
replies: 32 views: 686
avare 3 days ago

Since this doesn't appear to have been addressed here in awhile i thought i might see if there's anything new out there. I need...

mikeshep
replies: 6 views: 179
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

I’ve gathered from my reading here that it’s best practice to make any flat surfaces between the monitors and the mix...

nightchef
replies: 2 views: 120
dinococcus 3 days ago

I've been trying to get my subs configured correctly for a while now and thought I had it right until I started mixing something...

synthc
replies: 3 views: 108
thethrillfactor 4 days ago

Malcolm has not been mentioned lately, so this is a reminder to all of us of one the great studio designers. This is a link to...

avare
replies: 54 views: 8,111
432 4 days ago

Hey everyone! I am moving to a new room in January and I will have a lot more options for acoustic treatment than I have at...

pettah93
replies: 11 views: 342
pettah93 4 days ago

For my new space I need to have my UPS in a spot where it cannot reach an outlet. It has a 5' cord and I probably need 8' or...

Synpatico
replies: 11 views: 217
dinococcus 5 days ago

We’re converting our loft into a production room. The room isn’t particularly tall so I want to keep the total floor buildup...

mat1
replies: 24 views: 408
avare 6 days ago

I’m new to this all and I’m trying to acoustically treat my room but there is only one corner of the room suitable for...

Noahgm520
replies: 3 views: 166
Starlight 6 days ago

New Room

Hello guys, We are moving our studio to a new building, so we started to treat the room. The thread about our old room is here...

JanZoo
replies: 42 views: 958
JanZoo 1 week ago

Hi all, So I've been debating building a short-ish term studio space (just composing on keyboard and DI guitars with a DAW)....

Rohann
replies: 147 views: 7,224
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hello there, I recently moved and my new room needs some modifications. On one side of the room the wall is thin drywall, on...

benbc
replies: 11 views: 226

Is is possible to use treatment in order to counter speakers placement asymmetry? I'm asking this because I have to place the...

sebastiantomita
replies: 17 views: 252
thethrillfactor 1 week ago

I need to hold up rear speakers like in pic, I can not find anything other than speaker stands. Those shown in this pic would be...

keenly
replies: 5 views: 247
Starlight 1 week ago

Hi All, I’m planning on shooting a room I’m currently building and was wondering if the Neumann MA1 would be ok to use...

megatonemark
replies: 1 views: 238
huub 1 week ago

Anyone have any experience / feedback with this co. ? https://www.studio-shed.com This could be a workable solution for my...

Talpa
replies: 3 views: 207

Hi everyone, my house has a (currently damp) basement which I would like to use as a home studio. In 10 days I'll be...

BogaNet
replies: 73 views: 4,769
Grovestand 1 week ago

Hi all, Having had my studio setup in various spaces throughout the city for the past eight years, I have finally (like Dylan...

andrew montreal
replies: 9 views: 179
andrew montreal 1 week ago

So I was online looking around at a few things and came across a video for the Acoustic Fields kits. In the video they show how...

noah330
replies: 104 views: 12,910
elderbelder 1 week ago

Hey all, New to mixing here and was hoping for some advice on where to place my monitors (HS7) in a less than ideal studio...

mixing_newb
replies: 7 views: 213
mixing_newb 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm in a pretty well treated room, but the frequency response curves I'm getting have a little dip at around 1.5k and a...

HBIII
replies: 11 views: 225
HBIII 1 week ago

I have recently bought a decent field recorder (Zoom F6) to allow me to easily record my classical guitar somewhere other than my...

DaveLeeNC
replies: 7 views: 239
DaveLeeNC 1 week ago

Hi, I am currently am a bit tight on space, so my Auratones are resting on top of my NS10s. I was wondering, is this a bad...

foundartha
replies: 9 views: 243
foundartha 1 week ago

Hi everyone - Ive searched a bit for this and while I came across some great general info and some awesome build diaries, I...

Riffhammer
replies: 0 views: 116
Riffhammer 1 week ago

Moderators