The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Zaor
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 254 views: 420,417
gullfo 4 weeks ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 84 views: 385,173
El-Burrito 8th October 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 34,177
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 172,582
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 320,713
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hey guys, Hope you all are doing well. We are building a recording studio in Europe and right now we're testing our ventilation...

ag058
replies: 11 views: 213
avare 5 hours ago

I have ~46 m3 of available space in which to build a room within a room, so the resulting room would be between 35~37 m3....

Scoox
replies: 150 views: 5,917
Kyle P. Gushue 13 hours ago

Hi everyone, my house has a (currently damp) basement which I would like to use as a home studio. In 10 days I'll be...

BogaNet
replies: 55 views: 3,216
TomSleebus 18 hours ago

Certain pieces of gear in my studio pick up this noise. The recording attached is from one of a pair of Avatone Ns10 clones and...

Mvr1127
replies: 3 views: 150
Mvr1127 21 hours ago

Apologise about the title as what I actually want to know is if you can get directional understanding using CATT ReflPhinder with...

Trdat
replies: 0 views: 53
Trdat 1 day ago

Hi all, I saw a video once that talks about ‘velocity’ bass traps, which I think I’ve interpreted as the rock wool style...

DaveyJones
replies: 4 views: 139
avare 1 day ago

Seems like a dumb question right? I’m building some pillar type bass traps - floor to ceiling. 30” deep. I was thinking...

augustin187
replies: 62 views: 2,079
augustin187 2 days ago

Hi guys, I have a huge question about what monitors to choose for my untreated bedroom studio for production, mixing and...

IAmFree
replies: 13 views: 955
kla234 2 days ago

Hey! Does anyone have any experience with using rubber flooring in a control room? If so, which type of rubber? (natural...

sagar4848
replies: 3 views: 329
avare 2 days ago

I stumbled across an interesting article over at Sound on Sound written by studio design consultant Carl Tatz. I'm not sure if...

Slogun
replies: 309 views: 46,567
thethrillfactor 2 days ago

My workplace always relocates every 2 years, so I want to try to use ready-made iron shelves as a simple wooden keel for the new...

Felix233
replies: 2 views: 102
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hello everybody, I'll show you an illustration why I recommend A BIG Monitoring Loudspeakers even for small Control...

boggy
replies: 35 views: 19,571
c1ferrari 2 days ago

Hi all, First time poster, looooong time lurker. This site has provided me with so much information, but I'm kinda stuck now, so...

VitoS
replies: 3 views: 177
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I love Acoustimac here in the U.S. and am trying to find a UK equivalent. It's for a small studio space. I only need maybe 6x...

BradG
replies: 2 views: 75
BradG 2 days ago

Hello, I recently used REW (following Soundman2020's guide) to measure the frequency response at the listening position in my...

Shannanigans
replies: 3 views: 166
TomSleebus 3 days ago

Given how difficult it is to treat sub bass frequencies in home, and smaller studios, is it possible that it's better to not have...

mesavox
replies: 2 views: 141
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

I have a very small home studio (7.5'L x 15'W x 8'H). Due to furniture and gear placement considerations in this limited space,...

mtl777
replies: 52 views: 1,080
mtl777 3 days ago

Hey folks, long time lurker first time poster etc. I'm a home (non-pro) electronic music producer that has been working...

Sketch291
replies: 6 views: 259
gullfo 3 days ago

When you look at room modes and back wall reflection modes, you come across data produced from sweeping sine waves. I am...

romus
replies: 3 views: 106
mesavox 3 days ago

Hey guys! I've been trying to wrap my head around this question for a while and can't seem to find any answers. Hopefully...

leebanana
replies: 4 views: 93
mesavox 3 days ago

Hi everyone. I've only found vague and sparse information regarding ceramic tiles as floor material for a recording and...

rokko101
replies: 2 views: 101
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi I'm grabbing a pair of IsoAcoustics for my monitors and I will probably end up having the speakers slightly above my ear...

curry36
replies: 1 views: 110
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hey there, I'm building some wooden acoustic panels using rock wool safe n sound (2x4) for dampening in my live drum room....

shakermaker3
replies: 3 views: 158
RJHollins 4 days ago

Hello all. I have been a lurker here over the last few years whenever my google foo on diffusion, absorption, and frequency...

brotj7
replies: 9 views: 581
brotj7 4 days ago

When soundproofing my impression is that mass is essential to block out sound - double/triple drywall, mlv, concrete etc. How is...

erike123
replies: 3 views: 193
psb_87 4 days ago

Hi friends. I'm helping out a local guy here rework his home studio. In the beginning phases of it, and he has a 4' x 6'...

johndykstra
replies: 11 views: 3,684
afv 5 days ago

I'm going to turn this garage into a studio. The basic idea is to be able to be ridiculously loud inside the room, and...

patrickw
replies: 3 views: 122
TomSleebus 5 days ago

Hi! I have a couple of lighting tracks in my studio live-room that I haven't used in years. I like subdued lighting, and...

jimj3114
replies: 15 views: 284
jimj3114 5 days ago

PERFBASS A new Acoustic Design Technology for Acoustic Treatment of Small Rooms, which creates effective Full Spectrum...

PerfBass
replies: 139 views: 9,336
CaptainNovember7 6 days ago

Hi all! Just wanted to get some advice on what is the best way to resolve a huge dip at 80hz.. as you can see I have a room...

jazztronaut
replies: 3 views: 205
thethrillfactor 6 days ago

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 1,994 views: 99,224
mesavox 6 days ago

Is there any floorplanning website or software that works well for designing a small home studio? Tried a few of the available...

NoisyNarrowBand
replies: 11 views: 383
mesavox 6 days ago

Hi! Currently my home studio is set up with my desk facing the window, acoustic panels either side and above the desk. However...

georgeca
replies: 3 views: 135
TomSleebus 6 days ago

Hello, I would like to get your opinion on my future room, mainly used for listening purposes. These are the dimensions of the...

Miracle1980
replies: 4 views: 136
Miracle1980 1 week ago

Hey all, I am in the process after many years of having to move out of my current studio space which sounded so great and into a...

bs44
replies: 22 views: 698
avare 1 week ago

current situation: I’m in a small, pretty well-treated room at home in a very quiet neighbourhood. mainly used for VO...

Sanchez
replies: 13 views: 167
TomSleebus 1 week ago

Greetings. I'm having trouble hearing in the midrange in my mixes. I feel like the vocals aren't as clear when sitting at my...

JES
replies: 2 views: 99
JES 1 week ago

Hi ! Was wondering when measuring room acoustics, if it is better to set the main speakers to the optimal location before...

jazztronaut
replies: 4 views: 164
CaptainNovember7 1 week ago

Hi Guys I'm setting up my own little recording studio at home and shopping around for monitors at the moment. There's so much...

Mr Gee
replies: 3 views: 158
Philbo King 1 week ago

Hey guys! Question: Is it ok to have subs a few cm above the floor on wheels, or is it better to have them down on the...

Kimotei
replies: 24 views: 634
johannburkard 1 week ago

Hi all, I am redoing my studio (13'x23'x7') over the next week or two and looking through the acoustic treatment I have here I...

HBIII
replies: 6 views: 243

Hey all. I’m treating a new home studio room soon, and I’ve been revising my original plan (just heavily treating a corner...

ziggysane
replies: 14 views: 808

Hi all I am bouncing between setups and trying to setup a new room. I would like to have the speakers a bit further away than...

West0n
replies: 2 views: 177

The construction crew is wondering if green glue can be applied to this building siding, between the plywood siding and sheetrock...

dmac660
replies: 4 views: 240
adrumdrum 1 week ago

Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend a quiet ductless AC for a future control room. The room is 18'6" x...

camacozie
replies: 2 views: 131
gullfo 1 week ago

"Retired" and recently moved from Central Illinois to Upstate South Carolina and the square footage for my new room is...

homestudioguy
replies: 2 views: 166
homestudioguy 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I want to make a studio room for producing and mixing. Which of these rooms would you choose for a home studio? And...

levi.uwk
replies: 1 views: 95
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hi, I'm renovating a room inside the house to be able to mix and also record. I consider it a home studio and certainly nothing...

lovis6161
replies: 5 views: 176
adrumdrum 1 week ago

Just want to say that I've rarely experienced a company with the service and kindness that I recently received with GIK (totally...

PointReyes7
replies: 2 views: 420
Al Rogers 1 week ago

Hello everyone. I have an issue at about 18k with a long decay. My room is small (11x10x8ft) but fully treated (cloud, side...

Chester C.
replies: 5 views: 184
thethrillfactor 1 week ago

Moderators