The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 231 views: 362,729
Cameron Hamill 11th March 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 16,495
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 342,250
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 125,727
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 274,249
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

So just general experiences of buying an existing studio would be appreciated. Like for example if the spaces were designed by...

Carl Freeland
replies: 0 views: 32
Carl Freeland 1 hour ago

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 647 views: 17,646
avare 1 hour ago

Hi all, I need advise choosing a new studio room. I'm moving house and have 2 options for setting up my new in-home studio....

eMpTee
replies: 2 views: 86
TomSleebus 7 hours ago

I know this is a petty aesthetics question, but I've been looking into getting the Aston Halo. Unfortunately, I hate purple, and...

B. Toast
replies: 4 views: 517
alexsunnyx123 8 hours ago

Hello, everyone. I've been lurking for a while on the forum and finally have something worth of many doubts that I would like to...

TPLuck
replies: 4 views: 216
xenozeno 11 hours ago

If ceiling hiehgt were an issue, how difficult would it be to reduce the height of a single walled Whisper Room booth by 2"...

mbvoxx
replies: 0 views: 76
mbvoxx 14 hours ago

...are really expensive. Anyone using something like...

JL1000
replies: 2 views: 190
Kyle P. Gushue 15 hours ago

Hive mind help us! We have a 12k budget to get the right studio monitoring setup going. We are looking for the Loudest...

Neubalance
replies: 35 views: 850
A.N.D.Why 16 hours ago

Does anyone have any ideas/pics/plans/links for hanging monitors from ceiling? Specifically I need to build a harness of some...

sasha222
replies: 19 views: 20,241
sasha222 17 hours ago

So I feel like a little background information is in order. I've been working with a friend who recently purchased a piece of...

Mag J
replies: 6 views: 130
Jason Foi 18 hours ago

I finally decided to do something about my horrible room acoustics and I'm looking for input on a good starting point to cut down...

Wagnard
replies: 8 views: 296
Wagnard 19 hours ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,485 views: 330,258
twiy 19 hours ago

I am considering putting pipes below the floor in my new controlroom for cooling of the outboard racks and the machineroom. How...

chilli
replies: 3 views: 117
Kyle P. Gushue 20 hours ago

Hello all, We've recently moved into a new space where I will have a dedicated room for the studio. I believe it is the...

Melgueil
replies: 13 views: 600
Mag J 1 day ago

For the moment, I live in a appartement with a small odd shape room for my studio. (See picture) Does it make sence to use a...

WilfredoFernando
replies: 10 views: 254
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hello, I just moved to a new apartment and wanted to set up a studio to record my voice for video courses. Sadly the room is...

Max_G
replies: 14 views: 373
Max_G 1 day ago

I am going to be installing click and lock flooring in my upcoming studio and was wondering what might be better for acoustics in...

Quantum7
replies: 11 views: 242
Sharp11 1 day ago

Hello I'm a singer songwriter and want to record vocals and acoustic guitar at home. I am trying to evaluate my options and...

RockinRobinSTB
replies: 2 views: 153
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum and this is my first thread, so sorry in advance for any rookie mistakes I might...

goldtoast
replies: 23 views: 590
Bushman 1 day ago

Hi there... More pronounced 10db dip on the right channel at 132/546hz. In the process of building a cloud, and haven't hung...

masaski
replies: 8 views: 269
masaski 2 days ago

Hello All! I believe this is my first post here, but I’ve been reading and taking notes for a few years now. I’m all...

SLRMusic
replies: 8 views: 284
gullfo 2 days ago

Hi guys I have a question about placement of hvac baffle boxes Option 1 I already have vent mounted in the front of my...

Crobexx
replies: 12 views: 873
Jakles 2 days ago

Hello! I am thinking about upgrading my studio setup and I want to turn to this great forum for some advice on my plan. I am...

pettah93
replies: 29 views: 688
pettah93 2 days ago

Hi Guys, I just started working on this room at home. I started placing some random panels I had at the studio just to get an...

mdjice
replies: 23 views: 510
adrumdrum 2 days ago

Might need to move that bottom bracket down a bit. Also, instead of ripping the boards to a 45 degree miter, I made a 45...

Grovestand
replies: 4 views: 385
MacDanMc 3 days ago

I plan to start using my garage for rehearsal space. I’m on an end unit in a townhome complex. I’m not sure if the whole...

Mike7300
replies: 0 views: 126
Mike7300 3 days ago

I could use some help! I have built 6 cloud panels for piano and drums in my home studio. They are 4” frames with 3” safe...

Birdlives1955
replies: 1 views: 176
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi all! I have basically got a plan, and am ready to buy materials, for my control room studio build. (I actually wrote a much...

Tom Aeolist
replies: 11 views: 349
miroslav 3 days ago

Which Argosy Stand do you recommend for KH310s alone and maybe later for KH310s on top of KH750s? Thank you. KH310: 15 1/8"...

dfghdhr
replies: 23 views: 403
dfghdhr 3 days ago

As I go deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole of acoustic treatment I realise it just keeps getting deeper, and branching off,...

xbr
replies: 46 views: 850
Orazio 4 days ago

Hello all. I'm about to dive into the world of home studio land. I've got a good bit of space in my back yard to build a...

Pops
replies: 1 views: 221
Starlight 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I finally have my own space and would like to treat it for mixing and mastering. The idea is to get the flattest...

caronte23
replies: 22 views: 461
caronte23 5 days ago

Hi, I’m looking for an acoustician to consult a home studio re-build that’s located in the Los Angeles area. Anyone have any...

composerken
replies: 2 views: 146
composerken 5 days ago

Hi, I was thinking of DIY building an 18" by 18" by 4' stackable soffit bass trap. Instead of stuffing it with as much...

mdjice
replies: 2 views: 184
mdjice 5 days ago

Anyone using these? https://www.ekustik.eu/Products There isn't a huge amount of info on the site, i see on their facebook...

Mr Sombrero
replies: 2 views: 150
Mr Sombrero 6 days ago

Walls with insulation vs. Walls with no insulation Does one method generally yield better acoustic results (aside from...

dmac660
replies: 3 views: 206
dmac660 6 days ago

Hey guys first time posting here, have to say great people are part of this forum and people seems to really love what they doing...

kon.span
replies: 6 views: 301
akebrake 6 days ago

I built a mixing "room" within a larger room using four 12 foot long by 8 foot tall free-standing walls filled with 4...

dero
replies: 14 views: 529
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

tldr: this is the room ( top-down drawing of the room also provided), we want to treat the bass muddiness without much money to...

savvas94
replies: 1 views: 174
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

Looking for a temporary, affordable, easy way to dampen the high frequency reflections from walls and ceiling so I can record...

gradivus
replies: 36 views: 427
gradivus 6 days ago

I am building out a studio in a warehouse type space. I am on the first floor. There is unused garage space below me (basement)...

dmac660
replies: 2 views: 115
elegentdrum 6 days ago

Hi folks, I'm building a new control room. In my other studio i have an expensive Merford door that has this handle that...

Dazzerr
replies: 11 views: 383
RayHeath 6 days ago

I have been researching options for improving my temporary situation (an 18x13x8.5 living room), where I'll be tracking overdubs...

mikoo69
replies: 1 views: 299
RockinRobinSTB 6 days ago

Hi all, I did try searching for this but didn't find an answer, apologies if it's been covered. Building a mix room in the...

RSKAudio
replies: 4 views: 125
Jason Foi 6 days ago

I want to make a small adjustable desk to hold my master keyboard, a couple of small MIDI controllers (launchpad and knobs),...

Scoox
replies: 4 views: 191
Scoox 1 week ago

Hello everyone! I mostly mix music hiphop and electronic music with big bass and loud 808s. I work in a small bedroom studio...

davidlacombe
replies: 7 views: 279
TomSleebus 1 week ago

So I spent months trying to figure out how to deal with sound absorption, and sound proofing for my front bedroom. I ended up...

tango
replies: 0 views: 155
tango 1 week ago

Hi All I am building a garden studio - block build with block and beam roof (concrete roof) . I have been advised to slope the...

ged968
replies: 1 views: 138
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to move and I'm sick of my old Ikea desk, so I need a dedicated studio desk with racks built in, any...

noahnicholsmusic
replies: 4 views: 272
Capoten 1 week ago

Hey all, long time lurker here .. first time poster So I was lucky enough to come across a very cheap pair of Neumann...

Bricklaya
replies: 3 views: 251
dero 1 week ago

Moderators