The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Zaor
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 254 views: 430,377
gullfo 31st August 2022

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 84 views: 392,637
El-Burrito 8th October 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 37,090
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 180,377
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 328,518
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi This is the first post in a build thread. I'm building a rehearsal sometimes also a recording room, at least for drums. It's...

Knubie
replies: 35 views: 831
lydogakustikk 1 hour ago

We know that our hearing has a non-linear frequency response (Equal Loudness Curve) and that is why there is debate about the...

maxerror
replies: 15 views: 1,206
lydogakustikk 1 hour ago

Hey all, my brain is currently fried and I can't quite seem to figure out how I will go about designing and routing wall plates...

Nick Katz
replies: 0 views: 39
Nick Katz 2 hours ago

Hello. I'm building a1D QRD diffusor frontwall that will be ~300cm's wide and now I'm not sure if I will do this build as two...

Dahlberg
replies: 15 views: 496
Dahlberg 4 hours ago

Hi all, I thought we could talk about tube traps here. I've seen/read some good things about them in terms of good bass...

rosewood123
replies: 30 views: 1,142
David Rick 5 hours ago

Has anyone tried this diffuser? It seems to be using some form of metamaterial, right?

sebastiantomita
replies: 33 views: 1,084
OpusOfTrolls 7 hours ago

Hello i am music singer and i have expensive wirelees microphone... I want to buy equipment to listening quality music and...

ash92
replies: 6 views: 266
Kyle P. Gushue 9 hours ago

Hi all, I am about to hire a carpenter and do as much acoustic treatment as I can in my small mixing room. The room measures only...

eyevar
replies: 34 views: 925

Hi all, I'm about to close on a house with a decent basement room and I wanna make it into a music room. Primarily recording...

MrCrowbar
replies: 30 views: 1,312

Hello. I’m a drummer. I’ll make my soundproof drum room. I will insulate the basement of a 3-storey detached building....

corneroftheearth
replies: 3 views: 128

Saw some Videos of legendary mixer Michael Brauer. You can see his room in the videos where he mixes nowdays. I think it is his...

mattias78
replies: 9 views: 222
Genelick 11 hours ago

Sorry for the silly title. I've been chasing good measurements in my room for some time and I think I've gotten pretty close. My...

EastNashRocker
replies: 62 views: 1,876
Mike Caffrey 16 hours ago

Hello everybody, I have a home studio in my garage (6.20x4x2.60 meters). I did an acoustic treatment with DIY bass traps...

Adamsky22
replies: 5 views: 200
CaptainNovember7 17 hours ago

I recently moved my modest home studio to a spare carpeted bedroom about 12 x 14' in size with one 45 degree angle wall some...

GeorgeG
replies: 8 views: 307
GeorgeG 18 hours ago

My home mixing room is a very long narrow room, 5.3x2x2.4m, that I'm in the process of treating right now. It's mainly used for...

Edalicious
replies: 12 views: 1,295
MrCrowbar 23 hours ago

Hey guys. I've been using my garage as studio, as well as, rehearsal space, workshop, home office, etc... It's a cluttered mess...

manfromnapa
replies: 2 views: 115
TomSleebus 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been experimenting with my L shape basement and to my surprise placing the monitors in a non symmetry yield the...

Badaboom
replies: 6 views: 243
TomSleebus 1 day ago

Hello, About a year ago I did some acoustic studio upgrades with the help of some people on this forum...

richard clements
replies: 15 views: 309
TomSleebus 1 day ago

Hello and thank you in advance. I am constructing a music studio in the basement and my primary goal is to reduce sound...

jsbeeth
replies: 3 views: 93
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Okay, so this is a little story. Over a decade ago, I consulted to help a school build what turned out to be a pretty incredible...

Shimokitakid
replies: 1 views: 71
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Recently I discovered this acoustic panel factory. Their products have a very good price and the absorption values seem...

lectric
replies: 40 views: 4,929
Tirmu 1 day ago

Hi! I’m looking to get a drum booth to practice in. 8x10. Double wall. As isolated as possible. Will put this in my garage, and...

PossessionMelodi
replies: 3 views: 138
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Over a decade ago I started this build. I had hired Stewart to design my studio but half way through my life and health got...

Ronnie LeBlanc
replies: 19 views: 589
Ronnie LeBlanc 1 day ago

Hi everyone - Ive searched a bit for this and while I came across some great general info and some awesome build diaries, I...

Riffhammer
replies: 3 views: 235
CaptainNovember7 1 day ago

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I couldn't find a relevant forum, so.. I have a 4 metre square room in my basement, which I've used...

John V Edwards
replies: 1 views: 70
TomSleebus 1 day ago

Is there any difference between Regupol and the kind of acoustic underlay pictured below? Just for impact reduction under...

mat1
replies: 0 views: 52
mat1 1 day ago

Apologies in advance for a long post. I'm updating the layout and acoustic treatment in my one-room basement studio, and I'd be...

nightchef
replies: 60 views: 1,515
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

In a recent conversation, with an acoustician friend that has decades of experience, the topic of 'dead studios' from the 70s...

lucasanything
replies: 13 views: 812
mesavox 2 days ago

Hey guys, following my thread about my cinderblock/fake leather monitor stands, I installed my VPRs today. My room has terrible...

korejekt
replies: 102 views: 19,167
JoshuaK 2 days ago

Hi, I will try and explain as best I can. I am taking over a space and doing a build out for a studio which does not need to be...

shanestt
replies: 8 views: 257
avare 2 days ago

I'm thinking about getting an acoustic booth of some sort in order to be able to practice/record drums in my apartment in London....

adamskin
replies: 3 views: 2,487
John Symons 2 days ago

Happy holiday ������ My carport has been converted and sounds and feels amazing. Some pics and video below...

Octopussy
replies: 6 views: 382
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi All, I was posting on the Sayers forum until it got corrupted and I lost a couple good threads on the beginning stages of...

aidanknight
replies: 3 views: 256
aidanknight 3 days ago

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 1,996 views: 103,183
avare 3 days ago

Hi Folks, Quick question about a stud wall which i'm currently putting up. It's 5" thick and i'm wondering what the most...

stgaudio
replies: 13 views: 1,348
littlenickyni 3 days ago

Hello everyone! I have recently found the need to put up a 5.1 monitoring system in my very small room (3x3x3m), and I must say...

henriquestaino
replies: 0 views: 65
henriquestaino 3 days ago

Hi, looking for ideas and opinions from experienced people about isolating/acoustic treatment of my new studio room. Please...

Raise3x
replies: 1 views: 84
TomSleebus 3 days ago

I’ve just completed a new studio space, well treated, but with my new Genelec 8351 speakers I’m experiencing around an 8db...

Shadow Puppets
replies: 3 views: 151
TomSleebus 3 days ago

Hello, I'm looking to improve the acoustic of the room where I produce and mix. This is just a room in my flat that me and my...

marfz
replies: 8 views: 273
Mr Analog 4 days ago

Hello ya'll I recently built a ton of 4 inch OC703 absorption for my room. Here's the current set up. I have two left, and was...

Dfahb444
replies: 48 views: 1,813
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hi all. Not exactly music related but i am having a reverberation problem in. a room which is 4m by 5m with plasterboard...

riddim
replies: 6 views: 121
TomSleebus 4 days ago

Hi all, Any suggestions on how to improve the discrepancy between my left and right monitor. I'm set up in an L shape...

Badaboom
replies: 6 views: 157
thethrillfactor 4 days ago

So I plugged in the room dimension in amroc to check where the modes are in terms of frequency and where they're expected to...

MrCrowbar
replies: 19 views: 1,193
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

I'd be very grateful for some studio treatment advice. I have a new space, around 4 metres wide by 6 metres long and 2.50 high...

insch
replies: 6 views: 218
insch 4 days ago

Check out Brad Pitts news studio. Full of white ATCs, and what a location and design! abduction https://youtu.be/_uXdxxt84PE

Kimotei
replies: 47 views: 3,312
SamsonStages 5 days ago

Hello, i am installing a new studio space with mixing desk, drums and other stuff. I need advice for first placement. The room is...

EtienneYatse
replies: 8 views: 206
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

I am setting up a temporary studio for recording and mixing in a former "dance / workout studio" type space. the floor...

wilburtual
replies: 2 views: 119
wilburtual 6 days ago

I want to build a studio in my garden. I will be recording and practicing original Progressive rock type music (i.e....

Themagichours
replies: 8 views: 6,881
buckan 6 days ago

Hey Everyone,I was curious about your advice and opinion on treating a specific room. I work with live sound and I consider...

behntzek
replies: 13 views: 452
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

I treated my rectangle room myself using DIY Bass Traps and Panels. Attached are the frequency response results using...

puppee
replies: 2 views: 102
puppee 1 week ago

Moderators