The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Zaor
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 249 views: 412,501
Philbo King 10th May 2022

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 84 views: 378,844
El-Burrito 8th October 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 31,825
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 166,263
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 314,544
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

My 2nd studio build. I am hoping for some suggestions. Please see attached drawing. Goal is 70dB+ isolation. I am clueless...

grega60438
replies: 13 views: 330
TomSleebus 6 hours ago

Hey everyone, I’m in the very early planning stages for a studio conversion for my detached garage. The garage is built on a...

pickyourking
replies: 9 views: 418
Goliaff 11 hours ago

Hey there, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-cX3FcLS5A so I got this little studio corner in my typical Berlin Altbau flat....

doepfer
replies: 10 views: 416
dinococcus 14 hours ago

Anyone needing tectum panels in Los Angeles let me know. I have multiple 4x8 sheets in 1" and 1.5" thicknesses. These...

siniarch
replies: 0 views: 97
siniarch 19 hours ago

Hi everyone, I finally began my studio build after months of prep, and getting all the materials and pieces of the puzzle put...

VESmedic
replies: 0 views: 116
VESmedic 22 hours ago

A few questions on pink fluffy for my corners. I've got a 26'x16'x8' control room -- In my corners I'm planning to do 4"...

drewharris
replies: 5 views: 223
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Seems to be down. Any one know what is up with it. Hoping temporary but haven't tried going there in quite a while. Thanks,

MajorNoteStudio
replies: 4 views: 207
adrumdrum 1 day ago

I often run FOH for a showcase venue while another guy does the webcast mix. He's gonna be out for a while so I'll be both...

Brent Hahn
replies: 0 views: 210
Brent Hahn 2 days ago

Not sure how this can be called a home studio but it is located in someones home so there's that. Enjoy this amazing setup....

Binza
replies: 1 views: 186
Paistemage 2 days ago

PERFBASS A new Acoustic Design Technology for Acoustic Treatment of Small Rooms, which creates effective Full Spectrum...

PerfBass
replies: 89 views: 4,730
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hi folks, I recently bought a flat in a converted school (building is from circa 1860) and I am planning to do structural work...

primiano
replies: 10 views: 311
iphone SE 2 days ago

Hey All, My electrician recommended a surge protector unit for the entire circuit breaker (so protecting the entire house...

sirjuxtable
replies: 3 views: 179
Philbo King 3 days ago

Hi I read all I could find on Gearspace regarding VPR bass traps, and still have not found anyone who made a successfull one...

BassMonkey
replies: 11 views: 360
housegezeichnet 3 days ago

I'm thinking about not hanging drywall in my mixing room and instead just putting an acoustically transparent fabric over the...

Jaxethan2
replies: 11 views: 437
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

I should preface this by stating that my room 4.14m x 3.78m x 3.25m (LxWxH) room is used for 2ch music and movie enjoyment, I...

ToTo Man
replies: 216 views: 11,184
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

I plan to incorporate my garage into my basement studio space and need to achieve a decent level of sound attenuation from my...

zwolf
replies: 32 views: 998
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

In a recent conversation, with an acoustician friend that has decades of experience, the topic of 'dead studios' from the 70s...

lucasanything
replies: 6 views: 383
Carl Freeland 5 days ago

Hey guys! I work in a pretty small studio surrounded by a lot of rock wool panels, and lately the thought of breathing in tiny...

Ollivolli
replies: 16 views: 623
OpusOfTrolls 5 days ago

Hello to all. I've built a studio attached to my house and I'm now planning the acoustical treatment phase and welcome your...

SOULSHAKER88
replies: 7 views: 252
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hello, I have been having problems with my back/buttocks and was recently diagnosed with spondylitis, recently just discovered...

ec.mastering
replies: 5 views: 294
thirdflr 6 days ago

Seems like a dumb question right? I’m building some pillar type bass traps - floor to ceiling. 30” deep. I was thinking...

augustin187
replies: 37 views: 1,136
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

I have a small control room that has very non-ideal dimensions. Not a commercial studio, I just want to be able to mix my own...

staticwhitesound
replies: 5 views: 336
staticwhitesound 6 days ago

Hi guys, I have a huge question about what monitors to choose for my untreated bedroom studio for production, mixing and...

IAmFree
replies: 12 views: 485
IAmFree 6 days ago

Hi guys, Just finishing up my new home studio space. Soundproofed as much as I could. Room is 14' wide by 19' long by 7' high....

riker
replies: 8 views: 359
riker 1 week ago

I’ve been looking into sheep’s wool as an alternative material for building porous absorbers. I couldn’t find much...

iansampson
replies: 9 views: 1,518
RecklessAudio 1 week ago

My neighbours are rebuilding their house which is going to make lots of noise and take 6 months. They are situated 85 feet away...

Moondog007
replies: 10 views: 290
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Hey all. Just a quick question with regards to installing electrics in my soon to be studio. I am currently renovating a...

Roadrecords
replies: 9 views: 1,481
VanceMarshall 1 week ago

Hey guys New guy on the block with a noob question about my intended configuration of my new ceiling cloud: I got 3 panels...

Ben Falcon
replies: 6 views: 329
Ben Falcon 1 week ago

Hi. Just wondering if I anyone else has thought about or addressed this? If room correction software is applying gain and...

mmoeding
replies: 3 views: 193
TomSleebus 1 week ago

I have a room 25mm Drywall – 4.5m x3.4x2.4 (l/w/h)within a concrete block room 6x4m. I have speakers and a sub set up...

LukeLSB
replies: 35 views: 10,381
mashpete 1 week ago

Hey all, Long story short, my house shares a wall with my neighbor (row home) and I am planning on doing some light...

sirjuxtable
replies: 9 views: 247

Just finished setting up a new shared studio with DIY acoustic treatment and (surprise, surprise) was disappointed with the lack...

blucky_loke
replies: 25 views: 994

Hello, I'm based in the EU and looking to buy a home studio desk for max 300 EUR. The desk should fit 2 speakers, a computer...

dase
replies: 0 views: 146
dase 1 week ago

The room already sounds pretty good! I've gotten some decent acoustic guitar recordings already. But I'd like to tweak it a bit...

FlabbaFan
replies: 1 views: 174
adrumdrum 1 week ago

My wall design will be 1"pine, 2x4 stud with fiberglass, resilient channel, 5/8 drywall. When my budget allows, I will add...

standingwave
replies: 9 views: 214

Hello, I was inclined to try Caruso IsoBond due to all the posts where people have it uncovered. However, when placed 6...

pancho_francisco
replies: 6 views: 923
Ollivolli 1 week ago

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 1,990 views: 95,090
pasim123 1 week ago

Hi everyone, We just moved to a new place and this is what I've measured, Is there anything that can be done to flatten the low...

Nick1991
replies: 5 views: 297
OpusOfTrolls 1 week ago

Hello all, this isn't my first time here, just had to make a new account. I have learned a lot from this place, and i figured i...

ConsciousVillage
replies: 0 views: 147
ConsciousVillage 1 week ago

Hey folks well after years of basking in the accurate (if somewhat dead) response of my little attic studio I've since moved...

garfieldmayor
replies: 6 views: 322
TomSleebus 1 week ago

Boggy is Great!

avare
replies: 5 views: 1,309
Storm Mastering 1 week ago

Is there something wrong with that john sayers forum?

bert stoltenborg
replies: 7 views: 413
Yannick 1 week ago

Hello, I have purchased several BassTraps from HOFA, paid for them, and have not received them, nor any confirmation that my...

musicwind
replies: 2 views: 258
Yannick 1 week ago

Hi all, So I've been debating building a short-ish term studio space (just composing on keyboard and DI guitars with a DAW)....

Rohann
replies: 123 views: 5,619

I stumbled across an interesting article over at Sound on Sound written by studio design consultant Carl Tatz. I'm not sure if...

Slogun
replies: 298 views: 44,865
InPhazor 1 week ago
replies: 1 views: 222
standingwave 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I have 2 sheets of fire rated gypsum board left over from studio construction (2 meters x 1 meter x 15mm/3.3 feet x...

kwow
replies: 0 views: 165
kwow 2 weeks ago

Hi all. I hope you're all enjoying the weekend. I want to upgrade my main monitors from the KRK 10-3 and at the moment I'm...

radaget
replies: 1 views: 243
Jason Foi 2 weeks ago

Hi All - I have built 2 studios before, based on all the great advise here on this forum with fantastic results. I’m about to...

JVitolins
replies: 13 views: 382
dinococcus 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I want to make my own broadband absorbers for my first reflection points. I am quite a noob but i’ve been...

Gloomyx
replies: 5 views: 279
TomSleebus 2 weeks ago

Moderators