Quantcast
Studio Building / Acoustics - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 239 views: 367,151
Kyle P. Gushue 18th June 2021

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 83 views: 346,333
Jason Foi 14th June 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 17,814
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 128,690
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 277,338
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 1,259 views: 37,932
Kyle P. Gushue 2 minutes ago

New Spring-Loaded Screw Turns Drywall Into Sound-Absorbing Panels not actually on the market yet, but looks like it will be a...

joeq
replies: 2 views: 80
joeq 26 minutes ago

I'm in the lucky position that I moved into a new house where I can utilize a basement room for a hobbyist recording studio. I'll...

Junolab
replies: 4 views: 125
Kyle P. Gushue 33 minutes ago

Hello Everyone! I'm having a house and a home studio built, and the construction is supposed to start in about 1.5 - 2 months....

kwow
replies: 78 views: 4,020
elegentdrum 48 minutes ago

I'm hoping to get some feedback on whether it will be worth the effort to change my home studio room. My current room is less...

Studio54
replies: 3 views: 34
TomSleebus 52 minutes ago

Hi, long time reader here. Wanted your expert opinion on how to go about isolating a room that has three windows with the fact...

11miles
replies: 6 views: 228
Kyle P. Gushue 1 hour ago

Hello friends , I am considering the purchase of a second property to be utilized as a home away from home studio. My question...

chadnjoy
replies: 1 views: 42
TomSleebus 1 hour ago

Has someone here used these fabric drawers from Ikea as "modular" bass traps or broadband absorbers?...

felipevaz
replies: 3 views: 182
M206 2 hours ago

I know its not the best room but we are going to make the most of what we have Thank you for your advice

OSSO
replies: 12 views: 454
TomSleebus 2 hours ago

Hey guys!! After a two and a half months of reading and searching along the network I think I´m ready to start with my studio´s...

D13b9
replies: 310 views: 8,986
akebrake 3 hours ago

Hi all, I was looking through these studio construction photos on David Delbridge's website and became curious about the back...

MattMatthews
replies: 1 views: 57
dinococcus 4 hours ago
replies: 4 views: 154
MajorNoteStudio 7 hours ago

Hi all! I wondered if anyone on here has built their own desk/furniture in the U.K. and had it professionally finished with spray...

Animesh Raval
replies: 1 views: 75
Jean Luc Cougar 8 hours ago

I have a pair of KRK Rokit 8G2 and i am looking for a subwoofer around 200Euro I had a KRK 10S2 but it is damaged and not...

mozca
replies: 0 views: 61
mozca 13 hours ago

Looking for suggestions for treating my living room recording studio. I am upstairs in a house where the ceiling is at an angle....

gabler100
replies: 0 views: 96
gabler100 15 hours ago

I live in a townhouse with a large open central and kitchen area. The ceilings are hard and at least 24’ high with part of it...

ziggysane
replies: 4 views: 122
thethrillfactor 17 hours ago

I've been working on improving my room lately and made a change recently to get 'better' bass. I now have 'more' bass but not...

jerry123
replies: 10 views: 186
thethrillfactor 23 hours ago

Hi guys Reading here already for some years and got some nice input for my own room design. As recently moved into a new home,...

David79
replies: 3 views: 106
David79 1 day ago

I'm researching absorption solutions for my new space (13' x 20' x 12'). In my previous rooms I've done superchunks as well as...

L-Fire
replies: 69 views: 9,419
Zediiiii 1 day ago

My home studio is a learning tool and a fun hobby. I have some Real Traps, etc. but the small cubical multipurpose room suffers...

Al Rogers
replies: 3 views: 129
Al Rogers 1 day ago

I'm toying with the idea of constructing a Bass trap to cover the entire rear wall of my room. The room's primary purpose is for...

tvent
replies: 20 views: 1,886
Quint 1 day ago

So, re Rod's book, he mentions 24" o.c. walls having a better STC than 16" o.c. Doing a double wall and really don't...

JV8
replies: 5 views: 120
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hey everyone Room acoustics and trying to figure out traps, panels, all that jazz has always eluded me. I do have some panels...

jbastienmusic
replies: 34 views: 485
Abdalla 1 day ago

I Just bought a condo and I want to add a little isolation to out floor as were on the second level. I am changing out the...

ARIEL
replies: 21 views: 331
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi, I have a question for the treatment of my room on the front wall. I have corner bass traps in the main corners (from floor...

soundcard91
replies: 4 views: 108
soundcard91 1 day ago

Hi! Have a small room where I only produce and mix music. No recording happening. Currently have carpet but as per research,...

sagar4848
replies: 1 views: 71
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

I thought I did a good job treating my small room a while back but I'm still having a hard time getting my mixes to translate....

Funkfish
replies: 5 views: 156
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi all - I've ordered a pallet of 4" RockBoard 40 batts to build panels & treat my room. Scheduled to arrive in...

oldschoolish
replies: 1 views: 81
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I have a basement room that I get a lot of multi use out of. Sometimes I rehearse in there with bands, sometimes I am tracking,...

MikeRL
replies: 23 views: 289
TomSleebus 2 days ago

Hello music friends I finally made it to buy a small house with a basement room for my studio (24.4 m2) (L= 5.53 m, W=4.41 m,...

AudioMadness
replies: 7 views: 209
gullfo 2 days ago

Hi guys how are you ? i bought the Dual15 with 803 Racks ( Long ) but i have a problem when i was trying to put the speaker...

darweshalassi
replies: 0 views: 60
darweshalassi 2 days ago

Hey, very very long time lurker first-time poster I’m finally at the stage where I can put some money towards treating...

Nishyp
replies: 9 views: 332
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Simply put my desk resonates. At 146 Hz It’s so sensitive that I can trigger it with my own voice. I sing at 146 Hz and it...

henry miller
replies: 0 views: 77
henry miller 2 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 899 views: 361,818
dommii 3 days ago

Hey Guys, I'm finishing up my 4' x 6' Gobo build and have a few different colors of Guilford fabric on hand to cover over the...

SpanishMoon
replies: 3 views: 125
SpanishMoon 3 days ago

Construction officially ends today! I'm posting both as an act of celebration and to solicit some advice. I've treated a...

steveschizoid
replies: 31 views: 1,647
steveschizoid 3 days ago

I'm trying to find a cheap/portable air conditioner that has a ducted output. Almost all portables have a duct on the input,...

mactac
replies: 3 views: 655
felicityhu 3 days ago

Hi Everyone, I have a home studio measuring 12.5' length x 10.8' width x 8.0' height. It has a large, exterior window on the...

richofcanada
replies: 3 views: 109
richofcanada 3 days ago

Hi! I think it should work, but could you guys confirm that ratios for lenght, width and height are interchangeable with...

PATATAJEC
replies: 3 views: 152
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

For the moment, I live in a appartement with a small odd shape room for my studio. (See picture) Does it make sence to use a...

WilfredoFernando
replies: 14 views: 541
WilfredoFernando 3 days ago

Hi all! I’ve posted a couple of these questions on the Rod Gervais Book thread since they directly relate to his build...

JV8
replies: 2 views: 91
JV8 4 days ago

Hi there I'm looking for a good solution to make some remote session work from home. Although i spend most of my time...

jakelorenz
replies: 18 views: 1,314
mbvoxx 4 days ago

Hi, I'm not sure where else to place this thread, hopefully it's in the right place. I'm looking to purchase a producer's...

recall
replies: 3 views: 274
FionaWilson 4 days ago

IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD, READ THIS. This thread is dedicated to people who have read Rod Gervias' book, Home...

naethoven
replies: 371 views: 88,237
JV8 4 days ago

Hi, I'm drywalling over my existing drywall(Green Glue method). What is the best drywall that will keep the sound from bleeding...

rcd
replies: 1 views: 112
Kyle P. Gushue 4 days ago

Hello, I am a beginner when it comes to DIY panels and living in Australia it's not the easiest thing to get solid info on where...

doctorlinus
replies: 2 views: 153
Mike Caffrey 5 days ago

I wonder if these could be incorporated into existing soundproofing techniques to our...

roscoenyc
replies: 10 views: 399
dmac660 5 days ago

Many offices has very nice AC. I think they are water cooled and have big surfaces. But they also seems have large out door...

bace
replies: 2 views: 140
bace 5 days ago

The following is an account of a very frustrating situation I have found myself in for the past few weeks following the...

jokobaba
replies: 2 views: 184
jokobaba 5 days ago

I have a small home studio where my speakers are on my studio desk, so that when I'm working in my DAW, I can hear perfectly....

greggcain
replies: 2 views: 95
greggcain 5 days ago

Moderators