The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Zaor
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 249 views: 406,976
Philbo King 1 week ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 84 views: 375,322
El-Burrito 8th October 2021

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 30,036
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 161,306
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 309,706
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Discussing this with a friend who installed QRD 2D diffuser tiles in a grid of 6 x 8 tiles. He says that it does not matter...

robertopisa
replies: 4 views: 133
avare 41 minutes ago

Hello, just installed a custom built window that couldn't be quite customized enough to fit the hole in the wall. So there are...

Atomicfear
replies: 5 views: 226
Atomicfear 10 hours ago

Hello from Cairns, Australia – first time posting here! I'm looking to start the studio build over the next two months, and...

ddrums
replies: 0 views: 95
ddrums 14 hours ago

So I’ve build 2 rooms separately doing room in and room And there’s an air gap between the control room and live room. Do I...

djgc
replies: 26 views: 345
djgc 15 hours ago

Acoustic 'black holes' for...

Philbo King
replies: 3 views: 234
avare 17 hours ago

Hey so I've done a few DIY acoustics builds here in the US using various sources for fiberglass, cloth, etc. Mostly various...

aramism
replies: 7 views: 234
beeboss 17 hours ago

Just finished setting up a new shared studio with DIY acoustic treatment and (surprise, surprise) was disappointed with the lack...

blucky_loke
replies: 13 views: 332
blucky_loke 18 hours ago

Hey there, I've nearly completed my studio build. I'm extremely limited on space and have used part of our garage for the...

Hifreak1c
replies: 8 views: 306
Kyle P. Gushue 19 hours ago

Hey I was wondering, I've seen diffusers on the ceiling. I'm in a small studio, would I benefit from the diffusers being on the...

Hifreak1c
replies: 3 views: 211
avare 19 hours ago

PERFBASS A new Acoustic Design Technology for Acoustic Treatment of Small Rooms, which creates effective Full Spectrum...

PerfBass
replies: 45 views: 2,330
Carl Freeland 1 day ago

Is there a way to stop my monitors bass from vibrating my floor and wall? Ive installed those ISO stand by ISOacoustic under my...

djgc
replies: 11 views: 330
Carl Freeland 1 day ago

Hey there! I'm looking for a new desk for my currently being built studio. I've searched a lot for studio desks, but it seems...

Slayer Priest
replies: 2 views: 140
Carl Freeland 1 day ago

The current speakers I have are HEDD 07’s (mk 1..). IF my listening position is pushed back all the way against the front wall...

InPhazor
replies: 48 views: 2,576
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

as the title says, I want to know what's the better option for my studio, I currently have a pretty awful hollowcore...

pencilextremist
replies: 102 views: 5,310
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hello ! I have to start thinking about cabeling, I would like to install a couple XLR patch bays that run from the recording...

SebVc
replies: 0 views: 116
SebVc 2 days ago

Is it true that in small rooms ( Height: 2.15 cm, 3.58 x 4.90 cm) it is best to put speakers as close to front wall as possible...

larvicide
replies: 8 views: 358
xenozeno 2 days ago

Hi! Im Chris, im treating my new control room. I came across the cool website acousticmodelling.com and "constructed"...

100WChris
replies: 6 views: 235
dinococcus 2 days ago

This feels like a dumb question but I can't find a great answer anywhere, so I'm hoping someone with more experience building...

drewharris
replies: 1 views: 128
pencilextremist 2 days ago

Hey guys, what do you think of putting diffusors on the front wall of a room that will be used for both recording and...

Borislav_Tonev
replies: 1 views: 160
avare 2 days ago

So I plugged in the room dimension in amroc to check where the modes are in terms of frequency and where they're expected to...

MrCrowbar
replies: 8 views: 335
johannburkard 3 days ago

I would like to convert our one car garage into a small studio room, primarily used for post-production sound editing and mixing...

starcrash13
replies: 124 views: 4,483
OpusOfTrolls 3 days ago

Hey all, I have just secured a warehouse where I will be building my studio. There is a room with 4 concrete cinderblock walls...

sharkoffs
replies: 4 views: 234
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Seems like a dumb question right? I’m building some pillar type bass traps - floor to ceiling. 30” deep. I was thinking...

augustin187
replies: 25 views: 696
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi, guys. So here is my REW Result. Feel free to give me some tips if you think I can improve it. Thank you. I am also...

CHOKSTARmusic
replies: 80 views: 3,822
CHOKSTARmusic 4 days ago

New construction, shed size, single room, 24" OC framing for both sets of walls. I'm designing to have one window roughly...

RobbieHart
replies: 2 views: 179
thirdflr 4 days ago

Am I right that you can "virtually" change the shape of a room by applying bass traps on one wall, so that as far as...

romus
replies: 7 views: 260
akebrake 4 days ago

Hello, I have a closet where I took the doors off. I am going to sound treat the inside somewhat, but I am also going to put an...

gearstudent
replies: 8 views: 294
ehrenebbage 4 days ago

Hi all, I'm about to close on a house with a decent basement room and I wanna make it into a music room. Primarily recording...

MrCrowbar
replies: 23 views: 563
Carl Freeland 4 days ago

I have heard people talk about twisting the Live and Neutral wires to reduce noise. I spoke to the electrician that’s doing the...

kwow
replies: 9 views: 514
kwow 5 days ago

Tiny room with laminate floors, but it’s what I have to work with. 6.54’ W x 12.21’ L x 7.77’ H. Placing the desk...

strumpystrudel
replies: 4 views: 282
TomSleebus 5 days ago

I have ~46 m3 of available space in which to build a room within a room, so the resulting room would be between 35~37 m3....

Scoox
replies: 15 views: 438
dinococcus 5 days ago

Hi, I have a 32-way multicore that I'm planning to use to connect two rooms in my studio together. It has 32 individually...

AdamPaul
replies: 1 views: 162
Speedskater 5 days ago

I plan on puting my speakers on cinder blocks and weigh them down with more cinder blocks on top instead of absorption foam under...

moede
replies: 10 views: 334
bert stoltenborg 6 days ago

Hi all, So I've been debating building a short-ish term studio space (just composing on keyboard and DI guitars with a DAW)....

Rohann
replies: 100 views: 4,379
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

I have a second subwoofer, but my monitor controller only has one output for the subwoofer. Now, I could of course rout the...

FriFlo
replies: 24 views: 505
Kyle P. Gushue 6 days ago

Hello, I'm in the early stages of building a studio shed, with contractor assistance. We just poured the slab last weekend....

RobbieHart
replies: 2 views: 179
RobbieHart 6 days ago

Hello Slutz! Or is it Spaces now? So I am planning on a new proper mastering/production studio build hopefully next year; but...

Blavidais
replies: 8 views: 299
Blavidais 6 days ago

Hi, I am planning a new 3 story house with a recording studio on the bottom floor over concrete slab. Control Room will be...

bforest4
replies: 19 views: 574
thirdflr 1 week ago

Hi all, Apologies if this is not allowed here, but I thought people in here may be interested. I am selling my Studiobricks...

Salient
replies: 0 views: 126
Salient 1 week ago

Hey all, I will be moving into a new room in about 6 weeks. It isn't ideal, about 3.5 x 3 x 2.4 meters. While I own the room,...

TerryTowelDrum
replies: 4 views: 208
TerryTowelDrum 1 week ago

I'm building a ceiling cloud which is about 6' x 8' filled with 6" of Rockwool Safe n Sound. I'm trying to keep it light,...

starcrash13
replies: 28 views: 1,075
MrCrowbar 1 week ago

Anyone have any interesting info about Marvin's Room? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin%27s_Room_(studio) I don't think...

boriscrispin
replies: 3 views: 292
boriscrispin 1 week ago

I've been planning on a room-within-a-room studio build in my garage for months but the shape of the available space is both...

Scoox
replies: 18 views: 481
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Different question than the normal. Hopefully this is ok. I’m in the process of purchasing a new office building for my...

melodic dreamer
replies: 3 views: 196
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

Got surprising results with them so I'm just gonna share here. Materials: 60 mm Seticoflex WLS 038 panel 5mm MDF board (2 long,...

MrCrowbar
replies: 2 views: 369
MrCrowbar 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm about to make some more bass traps. These will be for the front wall. Im planning mostly blanketing the front...

ejsongs
replies: 4 views: 186
TomSleebus 1 week ago

I am building out a studio in my single-car garage. We need to replace a lot of the electrical in my house, so now's the...

batterista
replies: 19 views: 1,462
LanywakaWeps 1 week ago

I've read all of Rod Gervais' "Home Recording Studio: Build it Like The Pros." I don't think this was covered in the...

Everyonesrobots
replies: 5 views: 259
bforest4 1 week ago

All hardwood I milled from rough lumber. White oak and black walnut. 2x 18-space rack rails. This was a trial run to get...

junebughunter
replies: 0 views: 150
junebughunter 1 week ago

Hello, I'm thinking about drilling wooden planks into the ceiling with woodscrews into the studs. Once the ceiling has been...

gearstudent
replies: 6 views: 278
gearstudent 1 week ago

Moderators