Quantcast
Studio Building / Acoustics - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 84 views: 355,547
El-Burrito 2 weeks ago

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 242 views: 377,274
akebrake 2 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 20,750
Northward 29th December 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 136,212
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 284,933
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hey guys, I'm a newcomer to analisys software. So, I'd like to ask you guys for some tips for the newbie moron here, to...

The_Ogre
replies: 2 views: 70
The_Ogre 1 hour ago

I warmly welcome. Vocals recording room: 4mx3m. Big bass traps in every corner. Absorbers on the walls. The ceiling is also being...

MajkHalski
replies: 13 views: 200
MajkHalski 1 hour ago

Hello! Does it make sense to place bass traps on stands in front of bass traps mounted on walls to create a more absorbent...

jondoe1972
replies: 1 views: 44
avare 3 hours ago

Interested in people's general experience. Like, was there an aha moment, or a final piece in the puzzle? Was there a tipping...

Boog1000
replies: 20 views: 442
xenozeno 6 hours ago

Hi everyone, Right now I'm sourcing materials to build triangular corner bass traps for a combined tracking and mixing room,...

tf10music
replies: 3 views: 309
brotj7 6 hours ago

Right so due to space constraints in my flat, my studio has my bed in it (diagram of room here). The room is decently treated...

iftn
replies: 2 views: 136
iftn 7 hours ago

I'm looking for sound absorption panels that are 18" long, 18" wide and 2" thick. Does anyone make these? ...

Petimar
replies: 1 views: 100
dinococcus 11 hours ago

Reading this back I realize it's long. The short story is I need help from someone to figure out subwoofer/ speaker placement...

Eganmedia
replies: 6 views: 301
Eganmedia 16 hours ago

So I was online looking around at a few things and came across a video for the Acoustic Fields kits. In the video they show how...

noah330
replies: 76 views: 7,762
Hot Sauce 19 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I've got some GoM coming to finish my 4' x 2' x 15" gobos. I'm building 5 of them plus 2 clouds and...

richofcanada
replies: 1 views: 65
Kyle P. Gushue 21 hours ago

Hi everyone, Thanks to the helpful advice of people here, I am going to make the entire ceiling of my basement studio an...

Bustercrabb
replies: 3 views: 202
Hot Sauce 21 hours ago

Hi everybody, I've been learning a lot about acoustics with the help of books such as "Home Recording Studio Build it...

JavierDoria
replies: 37 views: 16,819
Kyle P. Gushue 23 hours ago

I should preface this by stating that my room 4.14m x 3.78m x 3.25m (LxWxH) room is used for 2ch music and movie enjoyment, I...

ToTo Man
replies: 95 views: 3,214
ToTo Man 1 day ago

Hi I’m new to all of this. I’m trying to figure out how to measure my room. I’m using the ecm800, Scarlett 2i2 and my...

RobDuthie
replies: 2 views: 94
RobDuthie 1 day ago

Hi all I have measured my smallish room (~3.5m(W) * ~3.5m(D) * 3.3m(H)). I have used Room EQ Wizard with a sonarworks...

dokipen
replies: 1 views: 130
TomSleebus 2 days ago

I have always had acoustically treated rooms until I moved into a smaller condo. After I divored and thus live alone, I was able...

3rd Degree
replies: 3 views: 156
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

Hey all, Given the really interesting / encouraging results of flush mounting speakers into a "soft" front wall, I'm...

colony nofi
replies: 3 views: 201
colony nofi 2 days ago

Temporarily setup in a cottage space, and the floor isn't exactly level...it dips a bit in the center. My monitor setup is...

mikoo69
replies: 3 views: 93
OpusOfTrolls 2 days ago

What do you guys like for duct lining products? Any particular ones you like better than others? (Just a general roundup, not a...

jayfrigo
replies: 1 views: 122
Starlight 3 days ago

Hey all, First time posting here. Having a hard time finding discussions on this, but if you've seen them please link me....

aboynamedbobby
replies: 3 views: 154
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi, after trying every single thing and every corner in my studio, I can't seem to find a place that sounds good in the studio...

Guruceta
replies: 9 views: 8,604
sage691 3 days ago

Never going to build out a room again and will likely move several more times before I'm put out to pasture - So I'm considering...

edham
replies: 5 views: 184
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

Hi guys, I'm trying to source suitable fabric for diffuser / absorber treatment boxes i'm building. Just wondering anyone can...

Omur
replies: 2 views: 145
Omur 4 days ago

I'm renovating a room that will serve to record spoken voice. The naked room has a very poor acoustic with long reverb time and...

Sylvain Leroux
replies: 3 views: 139
Sylvain Leroux 4 days ago

Hi Everyone, My wife and I will be building a home in a couple of years, and at that time, I plan on building a separate...

KD_Banjer
replies: 10 views: 285
KD_Banjer 4 days ago

Hi, I would much appreciate any input on proposed home mix room, with blanket booth vocal recording capability. TLDR: as per...

Burgertime
replies: 22 views: 663
Burgertime 5 days ago

Hi folks, I'm posting this up here to start getting some feedback on a design I've been working on. First off a few...

plant-on
replies: 2 views: 207
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hey all I have some Primacoustic 3" broadband panels I would like to install. I have the surface impalers they make (but...

zornt
replies: 1 views: 87

Hey there, really hoping someone can lend a hand reading some REW results. I'm setting up a new studio space in a small...

effekt01
replies: 9 views: 476
Mr.vybz 5 days ago

Hi forum! Might be my first post. Gained huge wisdom here over the years so many thanks to everyone. I’m building a home...

rantaleijona
replies: 7 views: 382
htownholdin 5 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 903 views: 367,364
studio96 5 days ago

The current speakers I have are HEDD 07’s (mk 1..). IF my listening position is pushed back all the way against the front wall...

InPhazor
replies: 4 views: 183
InPhazor 5 days ago

Hi, everyone. Hope you're all well. After doing a thread on a method of floating my monitors, and by suggestion of forum members,...

Nitrouspizza
replies: 13 views: 522

Hi Everyone, I was planning to make five units of 2' wide x 4' tall gobos. These gobos would sit atop a small wooden base...

richofcanada
richofcanada 5 days ago

Are there any measurements done yet of the actual sound isolation capabilities of different types of baffle boxes? Preferably...

tlindaas
replies: 5 views: 189
bert stoltenborg 6 days ago

Hi y'all I've moved into a new room here in London (rented pro studio) and have been able to take some measurements. The...

50-pence
50-pence 6 days ago

I understand that 4 inch thick Owens Corning 703 panels absorb lower frequencies better than 2 inchers do, but would it be...

vinniefondario
replies: 12 views: 6,013
avare 6 days ago

Has anyone any experience using this polyester form of insulation and if so how does it compare with rockwool? I can't find any...

btjking7
replies: 2 views: 143
btjking7 6 days ago

Hello, Long time lurker, first time poster. I am renovating my detached garage that is 16' by 24' to use as a...

toddajohnson
replies: 5 views: 190
toddajohnson 1 week ago

good morning, I have a room in dimensions 320×180, my friend set the monitors at a distance so that there is a pretty mid but in...

dawid123
replies: 5 views: 142
explorer 1 week ago

I have a room that is approximately 9 x 10 x 8, half dry wall, half painted wood paneling, vinyl floor, and I want to use it for...

JL1000
replies: 1 views: 149
xenozeno 1 week ago

Hi all, I thought we could talk about tube traps here. I've seen/read some good things about them in terms of good bass...

rosewood123
replies: 9 views: 372
Kyle P. Gushue 1 week ago

hello, i am looking into building a glass cover for a house window to reduce outside airplane sounds from entering the house. ...

gearstudent
replies: 3 views: 161
OpusOfTrolls 1 week ago

Hello Guys ! Recently I moved in a different city and the opportunities are starting to show up . A big artist from this town...

vkonyofficial
replies: 1 views: 145

Problem: Fan noise (laptop) Recording in different room is not an option and so is not computer sound isolation, for I work on...

Nelaid
replies: 18 views: 294
Afferbeck 1 week ago

Dears, What are your opinions on using cork as a decouple material for room-in-room setups? What are the pro/cons and what are...

TomSleebus
replies: 7 views: 231
TomSleebus 1 week ago

Hi everyone!! I am currently building a producer's room (it's going to be treated to 0.2ms of even reverberation decay), and...

scolfaro
replies: 12 views: 290
scolfaro 1 week ago

Hi all, I want to build a small booth/enclosure (approximately 3m x 2m/ 9ft 10 x 6 ft 5) height to be decided but the ceiling...

lonvoc
replies: 5 views: 169

Hey guys—wondering what your thoughts are on...

joelfarr
replies: 3 views: 205
Hot Sauce 1 week ago

Hi, Recently moved apartment and I'm not satisfied with how the room is sounding with my gear from the last setup. Now, the...

The Crowdpleaser
replies: 7 views: 257
TomSleebus 1 week ago

Moderators