Quantcast
How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?
Old 28th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?

Hey,

I'm planning on doing a bit of acoustic treatment of my recording room. I have already got glasswool filled behind the plywood walls, ceiling and the vocal booth floor. I want to dampen the high end flutter that I'm getting in my vocal booth as well as tune my mix room. I'm inserting the floor map and pictures of my studio. I hope to get some help from the experts on this forum.

Cheers,
Rahul
Attached Thumbnails
How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-mix-room-studio-floor-plan.jpg   How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-back-wall-mix-room.jpg   How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-front-wall-mix-room.jpg   How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-left-wall-mix-room.jpg   How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-right-wall-mix-room.jpg  

How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-vocal-booth-back-wall.jpg   How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-vocal-booth-front-wall.jpg   How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-vocal-booth-left-wall.jpg   How do you decide how many absorption panels are needed?-vocal-booth-right-wall.jpg  
Old 28th February 2014
Old 28th February 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks Jens.. for putting me in the right direction
Old 28th February 2014
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Symmetry is pretty important from where you sit forward. I don't know about those "ramps" that you have on the wall, but it looks to me those should be facing the other way and needs to be used on the left and the right in the early reflection points. Honestly, I would use absorption in that area. Here are some videos and articles to give you a hand.
Educational Videos - Acoustic Panels | Bass Traps | Diffusors | GIK Acoustics
Articles - Acoustic Panels | Bass Traps | Diffusors | GIK Acoustics
Old 28th February 2014
JWL
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
With bass traps, the more you add the better things will sound. However, you don't want to overdo high frequency absorption.

Details here: RealTraps - Acoustic Basics
Old 1st March 2014
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks Glenn.. a friend of mine had suggested that I make the shark fin features to avoid standing waves.. he never told me the direction, so I built them what felt right at that time, almost 4 years ago, I suppose I should have used some common sense.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…