Quantcast
Acoustically transparent. - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acoustically transparent.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Acoustically transparent.

Does the fabric on a panel need to be fully acoustically transparent..?? Also, is it Only for panels at reflective points that need such a fabric, whereas all other traps can be of any other material..? And even at reflective points, if the fabric is not porous, will it reflect both Mids & Highs completely?
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
For the most part yes. You want the panels in the early reflection points to be transparent. The others for bass trapping is not as important.
Video Early or First Reflection Points - GIK Acoustics
Old 29th January 2013
Audio X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolida ➡️
Does the fabric on a panel need to be fully acoustically transparent..?? ?
Basically there is nothing that has mass that is fully acoustically transparent. It's a matter to what degree.

Quote:
Also, is it Only for panels at reflective points that need such a fabric, whereas all other traps can be of any other material..?
Check Guilford of Maine Fabric FR701, Style 2100 | Acoustical Solutions, Inc. | 100% polyester fabric They're pricey, but good. Another option is to call them to request samples and in turn see what your local fabric store has.
Quote:
if the fabric is not porous, will it reflect both Mids & Highs completely?
No. All fabrics will absorb to some extent... again, it's just a matter of how much. There's no fabric that I know of that will completely reflect sound although I would stay away from shiny stuff.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio X ➡️
Basically there is nothing that has mass that is fully acoustically transparent.

Check Guilford of Maine Fabric FR701, Style 2100 | Acoustical Solutions, Inc. | 100% polyester fabric They're pricey, but good. Another option is to call them to request samples and in turn see what your local fabric store has.
No. All fabrics will absorb to some extent... it's just a matter of how much. There's no fabric that I know of that will completely reflect sound although I would stay away from shiny stuff.
Great. Was really helpful
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…