Quantcast
Mid-Size Studio Design - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mid-Size Studio Design
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Mid-Size Studio Design

Hello all - I am in the process of purchasing a building that I will be converting into a studio. It is a concrete base, metal wall building that has been mostly finished on the inside - sort of room-within-a-room style. It has previously been used as a church and is laid out as such. The great thing is that I have been to several concerts that were held here, as well as rehearsed here with several bands in the area, and despite being in a residential area, the building is pretty far from the nearest homes (and on a hill); and there have never been any noise complaints (most noise really only gets out the front door, which will be replaced).

Anyways, I am posting a layout of the space with some comments on my ideas. I would love to hear thoughts and ideas, as well as any suggestions for people I could get in touch with about helping me with some designing for the layout - I will be doing the bulk of the construction work myself with the help of a few friends (and a friend I have that is an electrician by trade). I can't spend a ton of money on design, but would like to do what I can to get this space right.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails
Mid-Size Studio Design-building.jpg  
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Looks like a fun project. Since you are doing the work yourself you really may want to hire a designer to work with. Send me a pm if you would like and I can give you a few names.
Old 29th January 2013
JWL
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Nice space, tons of options there for sure. You'll definitely want a good plan to meet the needs of your recording style and client base. There is definitely room for a good control room, a good live room, and perhaps a few smaller rooms as well, both for storage and for isolation of amps, etc.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…