Quantcast
Placement - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Placement
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Placement

Will the traps at the front wall benefit from being raised half way between the floor/ceiling rather than on the floor as they are..??
Placement-imageuploadedbygearslutz1359305689.236335.jpg
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
For the ones in the corner probably not. When the panel is on the floor in the corner it is in a tri corner which will have more bass build up, most of the time.
The panels for the early reflection points may need to be raised if not in the right spot. See the following about first reflection points.
Video Early or First Reflection Points - GIK Acoustics
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras ➡️
For the ones in the corner probably not. When the panel is on the floor in the corner it is in a tri corner which will have more bass build up, most of the time.
The panels for the early reflection points may need to be raised if not in the right spot. See the following about first reflection points.
Video Early or First Reflection Points - GIK Acoustics
How do I know if a particular ringing is due to the room & not system-related itself..??
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Any excess ringing (decay) you are going to have will be from the room itself.
Old 27th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolida ➡️
How do I know if a particular ringing is due to the room & not system-related itself..??
You can take the speakers outdoors and measure them if you wish
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
The left wall of my room tapers from 16ft at the front to 15.3ft at the back of the room. If I place the speakers exactly at the middle of the front half of the room, I'm bound to sit off-centre at the listening position because of the tapering side-wall. Is it more important to sit at equal distance from each speaker, or at equal distance from each side-wall.?, as I can't have both in my case unfortunately...
Old 27th January 2013
Audio X
Quote:
Will the traps at the front wall benefit from being raised half way between the floor/ceiling rather than on the floor as they are..??
Attachment 327540
I would at least raise the 3 center ones in the back up a foot or 2, and ...you definitely need thicker speaker cable..

Clap your hands in the room and see if you are getting a very quick high pitched flutter echo. ..best to get rid of that if you are. You might be able to relocate the 2 traps that are in front of the side curtains to a more advantageous position.

Quote:
The left wall of my room tapers from 16ft at the front to 15.3ft at the back of the room. If I place the speakers exactly at the middle of the front half of the room, I'm bound to sit off-centre at the listening position because of the tapering side-wall. Is it more important to sit at equal distance from each speaker, or at equal distance from each side-wall.?, as I can't have both in my case unfortunately...
If you have to pick one, having the speakers being equal distance from you is more important for stereo image imo/e
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Clap your hands in the room and see if you are getting a very quick high pitched flutter echo. ..best to get rid of that if you are. You might be able to relocate the 2 side panels that are front of the side curtains to a more advantageous position.
I like to play a "clap" through the speakers and listen from the seating spot. That will give you a better understanding of what flutter is effecting the mix spot as to relation to the speakers.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio X ➡️
I would at least raise the 3 center ones in the back up a foot or 2, and ...you definitely need thicker speaker cable..

Clap your hands in the room and see if you are getting a very quick high pitched flutter echo. ..best to get rid of that if you are. You might be able to relocate the 2 traps that are in front of the side curtains to a more advantageous position.

If you have to pick one, having the speakers being equal distance from you is more important for stereo image imo/e
The panels next to the curtains are for the first reflection points.
Old 27th January 2013 | Show parent
Audio X
Quote:
The panels next to the curtains are for the first reflection points.
It was hard to tell from the pic that the curtains,... depending on their thickness and how far they went down the side wall might already be taking care of some of that...and the 2 side chairs are acting as absorption as well.

Quote:
I like to play a "clap" through the speakers and listen from the seating spot. That will give you a better understanding of what flutter is effecting the mix spot as to relation to the speakers.
Also a great idea.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Just a silly question, but are there Any downloadable files for the same or just record a clap & playback..??
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio X ➡️
It was hard to tell from the pic that the curtains,... depending on their thickness and how far they went down the side wall might already be taking care of some of that...and the 2 side chairs are acting as absorption as well.

Also a great idea.
I myself doubt how much those chairs would really absorb (if any). They are located at the second reflection points on either walls..
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Just a silly question, but are there Any downloadable files for the same or just record a clap & playback..??
I am sure there is but you could use any kind of short high sound. If you have a drum machine (or samples) that would work
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Yes, a transient with lots of energy in the upper mids and above.

Quote:
Or perhaps tinnitus.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…