Vocal Booth Plans - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Vocal Booth Plans
Old 24th January 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
Vocal Booth Plans

Hello

I'm looking to build a vocal booth that I can dissemble and move with me. I've been doing quite a bit of research on this and looked through a ton of threads on here as well as John Sayers forum. I'm getting a lot of conflicting information and was wondering if I could get some suggestions. I don't want to buy a pre-built one because they are way too expensive.

I've read good and bad reviews of having a booth but I am need of one for 2 reasons. Isolation from outside noise and Isolation from noise going out.

I rent a space for my studio that is next to a nightclub and need isolation from noise bleeding into the room. It's not much, but it's there. There is also a window leading to the outside and will get noise from trucks driving by or general street noise. The space I have is too big to treat the entire room so I want to build a booth. The space also has joining offices where I can not have my singer belting away during their work hours.

I've been looking religiously for weeks to find some sort of plan to work off of. I got an older copy of Dawbox.com's plans from a friend that bought them years ago and never decided to build it. The plans look pretty confusing and wonder if they have updated them over time.

I also have taken a look at John Sayers Sketchup plan he gave away on his forum but they're not detailed enough for me to fully grasp as far as a material list, etc. I am by no means a contractor but willing to put in the work to build it.

Has anyone had any success with either of these two plans? Is there other plans I should be looking into? My budget is between $1,500 - $3000.

Thanks for your help.
Old 15th April 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
I built the dawbox 6x6x7 booth last year using the current plans I ordered the website ::::DAWBOX Pro Audio::::. It came with two DVDs and a pocket manual for on location work. I was not confused at all by the plans and I'm a novice with tools. I did run into a few questions about some of the materials for the ventilation unit. All my questions were answered promptly. I talked with the owner and he told me that they have gone through a number of revisions over the years so it's best to order form the site verses getting a hand me down. I love my booth and it was super cheap to build and everyone who comes over to use it or see it at house parties trips out on how pro it makes my studio look and my tracks sounds better than ever. My booth cost me about $1100 and is near sound proof. I have been very happy with my booth and I would reccomend this product to anyone wanting to build a booth on a tight budget.
Old 24th April 2013
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
The funny thing is that I posted this in January and you are just now replying and only have one post on this forum?
Old 20th January 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
contact no for dawbox

Hey Reg1

Are you able to provide me with the contact no for dawbox.com

I have made a purchase about 10 days ago and have not received any
confirmation e-mail acknowledging my order.There is no contact no on their website either and nobody have replied to my e-mails since.

If you could help that will be great.
Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg1 ➡️
I built the dawbox 6x6x7 booth last year using the current plans I ordered the website ::::DAWBOX Pro Audio::::. It came with two DVDs and a pocket manual for on location work. I was not confused at all by the plans and I'm a novice with tools. I did run into a few questions about some of the materials for the ventilation unit. All my questions were answered promptly. I talked with the owner and he told me that they have gone through a number of revisions over the years so it's best to order form the site verses getting a hand me down. I love my booth and it was super cheap to build and everyone who comes over to use it or see it at house parties trips out on how pro it makes my studio look and my tracks sounds better than ever. My booth cost me about $1100 and is near sound proof. I have been very happy with my booth and I would reccomend this product to anyone wanting to build a booth on a tight budget.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…