REW update for OS X - Page 2 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
REW update for OS X
Old 30th April 2014
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Worry

The fact that it is consistent seems encouraging. The distortion graphs and actual percentages seem credible so I wouldn't worry about it.

DD
Old 30th June 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The REW V5.01 beta 21 release now includes a Java runtime (no need to install Java) and does not require the previous input workarounds. It is compatible with OS X 10.7.3 onwards. Remove previous installations of REW before installing beta 21.
Old 30th June 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Thanks John!

Really looking forward to working with the updated REW version.

Thanks for everything.
Old 30th June 2014
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
I finally did the update. I am on a PC and never had a problem, but it seems to work pretty well. The room simulation seems interesting.
Old 1st July 2014 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
REW works on Macs again!

Thanks John. Beta 21 is working perfectly even with my UMIK-1, which is 48Khz only. This is truly a great step forward.
Note to all, it very easy to build up multiple versions of REW, particularly if one has been copying them from the Downloads folder into specific REW homes.
So check that folder for extra old copies of REW.
Then do a 'Find REW' to see if there any others knocking about, and delete them.
I found three!, and I believe these extra hidden older versions have been causing me issues for some time.

DD
Old 1st July 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPM ➑️
The REW V5.01 beta 21 release now includes a Java runtime (no need to install Java) ……
Thanks John ! That gives me new hope

Best

Ake
Old 4th July 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Hello,
i'm new here. I,ve been learning a lot from GS. Thank you all.
By the way, thank you John M for making such a useful tool available.
Now DanDan, if i remember correctly your a mac user?! Thats because a had some hard time trying to make REW work on mbp late 2011 with lion.
Since the last release i felt confident enough to bay the UMIK-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan ➑️
Thanks John. Beta 21 is working perfectly even with my UMIK-1, which is 48Khz only. This is truly a great step forward.
DD
I already build 2 Tim's Limp Mass Bass Absorbers 60x40 for 61hz. around 6db less each. With the mic / rew working i intend to test from this step forward.
So i'll be back soon.
Thanks again.
Old 4th July 2014 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio Ribeiro ➑️
Hello,

I already build 2 Tim's Limp Mass Bass Absorbers 60x40 for 61hz. around 6db less each. With the mic / rew working i intend to test from this step forward.
So i'll be back soon.
Thanks again.
Could you possibly share the contruction details and measurements with us in a new thread? It would be great to see documentation of a DIY limp mass absorber that works as intended!
Old 5th July 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjonesthrer ➑️
Could you possibly share the contruction details and measurements with us in a new thread? It would be great to see documentation of a DIY limp mass absorber that works as intended!
Yes i can. Just to make it simple, it's exactly as Tim described. The one thing is that the depth of the absorber must be the inside measure.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjonesthrer ➑️
the link to the post
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Ooptimistic

I think we are OT here, and I also think those test results are probably flawed due to an 8dB drop in the sweep level used 'after' the little traps were installed.
DD
Old 13th July 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Just to state that under mac os lion with minidsp umik-1 REW is working great. Just set the usb mic as input mic and you're ready to calibrate.
Thanks JohnPM.
Old 28th January 2016
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The computer at my school studio is on 10.6.8 still. I am hoping to do a room measurement in there for a class. We use a MOTU 16a interface. I was hoping to use the SoundFlower workaround, but can't find a version of SoundFlower that will work with that OS. Can someone help me? I'm sort of in a hurry with this one. Thanks!

Neil
Old 28th January 2016 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by amishsixstringe ➑️
The computer at my school studio is on 10.6.8 still. I am hoping to do a room measurement in there for a class. We use a MOTU 16a interface. I was hoping to use the SoundFlower workaround, but can't find a version of SoundFlower that will work with that OS. Can someone help me? I'm sort of in a hurry with this one. Thanks!

Neil
Try this one Soundflower-1.6.6b
https://code.google.com/archive/p/soundflower/downloads
πŸ“ Reply