Quantcast
My diy acoustic panel build - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My diy acoustic panel build
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
My diy acoustic panel build

Since I've learned a lot from gearslutz and frequent the site on a daily basis, I figured why not post what projects I have going on. And I would like some feedback if you have any constructive criticism... So here we go.

I'm building 2'x4' acoustic panels for my home studio. I'm using Roxul Safe'n Sound 3" deep insulation. Which I had to order from Lowes, since no one locally carried it. Why did I choose that? Well after doing a lot of research and being on a limited budget, the 8 pack for around 50 bucks was a good deal to me.

So while I'm waiting on the insulation I wanted to get the frames built. Since I could build up to 8 panels, after doing some calculations and sketches, I bought 12 - 1"x3"x8" furring strips, which was around 45 bucks for all of them. I also purchased braces to hold together the frame more. I attached the wood together with brad nails and wood glue. My next step is the insulation and fabric I believe. I'll post more pics when I get them done! Feedback is appreciated.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails
My diy acoustic panel build-imageuploadedbygearslutz1348347211.325321.jpg   My diy acoustic panel build-imageuploadedbygearslutz1348347226.383956.jpg   My diy acoustic panel build-imageuploadedbygearslutz1348347243.289255.jpg  
Old 24th September 2012
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Looks great for the moment ! Any finished pictures incoming ?
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
If you are making bass traps to straddle corners I recommend making them no less then 4" thick at minimum. Honestly 6" or deeper is recommend.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

๐ŸŽง 5 years
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking about corner bass traps too. Just bought my fabric yesterday. I do believe it cost more than the wood! lol. My insulation comes in on Wednesday. So hopefully I'll have them done by that night! pics soon too.
Old 25th September 2012
Lives for gear

๐ŸŽง 10 years
The fabric is always the expensive part when making panels
Old 25th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Guru

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanV โžก๏ธ
The fabric is always the expensive part when making panels
You can use something cheap like burlap if you don't mind the look but real acoustic fabric can cost a lot.
๐Ÿ“ Reply