Don't know how to connect everything... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Don't know how to connect everything...
Old 22nd September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Don't know how to connect everything...

Hi,
For the past 3 months I've been mixing straight out of USB pioneer speakers, then i found out that mixing with Hi-FI sucks.

So i bought
-Mackie Mr5MK2 monitors,
-Yamaha Audiogram 3 (USB interface)
-Axiom 49 (MIDI keyboard)

I've never done any audio work, and I have no clue how to connect everything to my laptop.
I'm really confused and would really love some help haha
Old 23rd September 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Do you have a DAW or does the Yamaha interface have one? If not, shop around and make that decision, buy it and install it. Then you'll have to install the drivers for the interface before plugging it in and powering it up, which should cause the interface to auto-install. You'll have to set up the software input and output routing. You'll probably need a pair of TRS to XLR-m cable to connect the interface to the monitors. Get that up and running, then you can install the keyboard drivers, then plug it in and turn it on to cause it to install. Then you'll have to figure out how to get an instrument channel on your DAW that can be used to play and record the keyboard on.

The above is just a generic piece of advice. Before following it blindly, read the instructions that came with the new toys and follow them over me if the directions differ. Good luck!
Old 23rd September 2012 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncamorea ➡️
Do you have a DAW or does the Yamaha interface have one? If not, shop around and make that decision, buy it and install it. Then you'll have to install the drivers for the interface before plugging it in and powering it up, which should cause the interface to auto-install. You'll have to set up the software input and output routing. You'll probably need a pair of TRS to XLR-m cable to connect the interface to the monitors. Get that up and running, then you can install the keyboard drivers, then plug it in and turn it on to cause it to install. Then you'll have to figure out how to get an instrument channel on your DAW that can be used to play and record the keyboard on.

The above is just a generic piece of advice. Before following it blindly, read the instructions that came with the new toys and follow them over me if the directions differ. Good luck!
thanks alot!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…