Quantcast
RC-1 channel? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RC-1 channel?
Old 21st September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
RC-1 channel?

I will be using this on some typical rooms inside a new home construction..bedroom etc..

How do you attach window, floor and ceiling trim in this type of installation? I would assume you attach it to the channel also.... Is that even possible? If so, that would make difficult not to nail into the framing itself. Thanks
Old 23rd September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Hi Jacob,

I wouldn't recommend using an RC or hat channel systems when you have a window in the partition. The entire idea behind those systems is to "decouple" a layer (or two) of gypsum wall board from the studs. By installing a window or door, you're naturally bridging one side of the wall to the other. I would opt for additionally layers of gyp to meet your STC criteria, or looking at "high STC" gypsum like Quietrock, CertainTeed SilentFX, or similar. It may work better than nothing, but it's highly unlikely to meet it's normal STC rating
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…