Quantcast
Combining OC703 & Ultratouch Insulation - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Combining OC703 & Ultratouch Insulation
Old 16th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Combining OC703 & Ultratouch Insulation

I ended up getting a great deal on some Owen Corning 703 and paid $300 for 120 Sheets. I believe they are considered 1 inch thick although they actually measure out at 1 1/2 inches.

Anyhow, I really hate how itchy they are and I was wondering if there would be an issue of combining them with Ultratouch denim insulation.

I will be going all around my tracking room with one wall being entirely soft, and two walls having wood slats in front of the insulation.

Most of the walls will be 4inches out with 2x4s (3 1/2 inches), and then insulated in there.

What I wanted to do was install one sheet of the OC 703 for the backing, and then fill the rest of it on top with the Ultratouch. This way I get to use the OC 703, and reduce exposure to it by placing the Ultratouch on top of it.

Is there any issue with combining the 2 products? Or will be better make the walls have either or ?

Thanks!
Tony
Old 16th September 2012
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Never mind!

I already got my answer from the most incredible studio designer. Thanks Jeff!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…