Quantcast
Help me please - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help me please
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Help me please

My room is pretty big. about 50 square meters. It is rectangular space.Where my desk is the forward wall of wood, brick wall in right, and left wall of wood. The roof is concrete, and the floor is concrete,. I have basstraps in the Front corners, but they do not reach all the way up. Could there be a space at the top? Or is it best that there is space on the ground? We are talking about 35 cm gap.
I have also attached pictures of the rest of the room. Tell me what you think, and what I "should" do ??. And all way back at the room? Any suggestions, help?

I will post photos soon!! My network is slow!!
Old 14th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Could there be a space at the top? Or is it best that there is space on the ground? We are talking about 35 cm gap

Its not going to really matter as low end builds up in the whole corner. I would do what ever is easiest and looks the best. Any gain from top or bottom (or even centering it) is something you might see in a test graph but you probably would never hear it.
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Help me please-dsc_0312.jpg   Help me please-dsc_0319.jpg   Help me please-dsc_0313.jpg   Help me please-dsc_0187.jpg  
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
More pictures
Old 24th September 2012
Old 24th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
You could use the following to test the corners to find the ones that have the most build up.
Video: Testing Bass Trap Placement
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

3 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Your room looks to have good potential. You should prioritize treatment behind your monitors highly, as well as a cloud. Treating the sidewall mirror points will also have an audible impact.
Old 24th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Next step is cloud. So hope to get the room up running soon. What do you think of the speaker width. Should I angled them more?
Old 26th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokaasen ➡️
Next step is cloud. So hope to get the room up running soon. What do you think of the speaker width. Should I angled them more?
I did think that was quite odd looking at your pictures. The acoustic axis of the speakers (typically at the tweeter on two-way speakers) should be aimed directly at your ears like this shows: http://www.gikacoustics.com/education.html#speaker
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIK Acoustics ➡️
The acoustic axis of the speakers (typically at the tweeter on two-way speakers) should be aimed directly at your ears like this shows:
https://gearspace.com/board/7650858-post4.html

https://gearspace.com/board/7055312-post9.html

Can the Adam A7x Monitors, be placed Horizontally?

Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIK Acoustics ➡️
I did think that was quite odd looking at your pictures. The acoustic axis of the speakers (typically at the tweeter on two-way speakers) should be aimed directly at your ears like this shows: Acoustic Primer - Room Setup, Testing, Treatments
In the manual of the speaker it`s stands that the speakers don't need to be angled. So I'm a bit confused!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
In the manual of the speaker it`s stands that the speakers don't need to be angled. So I'm a bit confused!
Unless the speaker has a flat frequency response about 25-30 degrees of axis, you should follow normal recommendations for monitor setup. Best is to experiment and measure naturally.
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Eklund ➡️
Unless the speaker has a flat frequency response about 25-30 degrees of axis, you should follow normal recommendations for monitor setup. Best is to experiment and measure naturally.
Does acoustic energy ae22 have a flat freq response?
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Does acoustic energy ae22 have a flat freq response?

Here: http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&...V5d-Hw&cad=rja

Perhaps they are a bit flatter of axis and if so; simply try some different angles until you feel comfortable with the response (or measure it, but then make sure that you know what you´re doing in terms of different types of measuring mics and how to aim them properly and what their limitations are in the upper frequency range).
Old 28th September 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sorry, the only two-way nearfield monitor manuals I've read were the manuals to the Yamaha HS Series, Adam A Series, and KRK Rokit Series. KRK Rokit manual doesn't say anything about acoustic axis, but both the Adam A7X and HS80M both mention the tweeter is the acoustic axis & should be pointed at your ears. I assumed it was similar for most two-way monitors, but as usual - check your manufacturer's specs and see where the actual acoustic axis is on your monitors when positioning them.
Old 28th September 2012
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
Help, anyone!

I just got my MM6 today and have no clue how to hook it up. I've been at it for hours searching on line and need some help how to hook her up.

I went on Youtube, internet, you name it. I know now you need interface cables, power pa amplifier. Even though Youtube states you only need an USB connection. Can someone please tell me step by step how to make it work.

Thanks!!
Old 13th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Here: http://www.google.se/url?sa=t&rct=j&...V5d-Hw&cad=rja

Perhaps they are a bit flatter of axis and if so; simply try some different angles until you feel comfortable with the response (or measure it, but then make sure that you know what you´re doing in terms of different types of measuring mics and how to aim them properly and what their limitations are in the upper frequency range).
Right now I think I have them pretty close (150 cm from tweeter to tweeter), and I angled the speakers a little. Is this close, or would you say it's far away?
Old 13th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Right now I think I have them pretty close (150 cm from tweeter to tweeter), and I angled the speakers a little. Is this close, or would you say it's far away?
I would say that’s a fairly normal distance between the speakers but there´s no rights or wrongs here as long as the listening triangle (made up of the speakers and the back of the head when in the sweet spot) is close to equilateral.
Old 17th October 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I would say that’s a fairly normal distance between the speakers but there´s no rights or wrongs here as long as the listening triangle (made up of the speakers and the back of the head when in the sweet spot) is close to equilateral.
I don't hear much diffrence between angeling them or not. Maybe a little more punch when I'm angeling them.

📝 Reply