Quantcast
sharing my stupid laughable idea - to "secure" panels to walls - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
sharing my stupid laughable idea - to "secure" panels to walls
Old 12th September 2012
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
sharing my stupid laughable idea - to "secure" panels to walls

hi, I'm ultra noob in DIY. my panels keep dropping because the drywalls are soft and thin. so I decided to combine my existing 4'x2' panels into 8'x2'. so Instead of hanging on the wall, I managed to "tie" them to the wall using simple string and stapling gun. so I guess, with stapling gun, string, couple of wood, and cloth, it is much much easier to making 8'x2' than 4'x2' panels and hanging them. hanging 4x2 panels you need a very secure frame. but 8'x2', your floor becomes part of the frame, just need wood in the middle.

i'm not an expert, and I share frustration with some who does not know anything about carpentry. just thought I'd share this , hopefully noobs like me can benefit. they are somewhat ugly, but it gets the job done quickly

Old 12th September 2012
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
That is not a bad idea at all as long as they don't fall. Also the bottom panel is covering a corner which is always a good thing.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…