Looking for suggestions for my room... - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for suggestions for my room...
Old 8th February 2009
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Looking for suggestions for my room...

hello,

i'm building a studio in a detached garage, 20'x24'.

i have a rough sketch of how the walls have been built, iso booth/ entryway is on the SW corner, windows on the west wall.

all walls and ceiling are attached by resilient channel, corners in the larger room have been 45ed, though none of the angles are true 45's or 90's. ceiling is (only) 8' high.

the triangle on the south wall represents approximately where i expect to set up the mix position, at least until i build an addition off of the west wall to serve as a control room (if $$$ ever permit).

basically, i am looking for any suggestions or feedback regarding acoustic treatment inside and placement of mix position and instruments (drums, amps, organs).

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for suggestions for my room...-studio-sketch.jpg  
Old 8th February 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Lightbulb

Put the speakers at the top of the drawing facing down, so the booth is behind you. This is much better than the triangle location you show. Then get bass traps for as many corners as possible, and treat the side-wall and ceiling reflection points. In this case "corners" also include where the walls meet the ceiling and even where they meet the floor if possible.

--Ethan
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…