Quantcast
Anyone have any examples of modular/changeable acoustic designs for studios? - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Anyone have any examples of modular/changeable acoustic designs for studios?
Old 21st January 2009
Gear Head

🎧 15 years
Anyone have any examples of modular/changeable acoustic designs for studios?

I'm looking for anyone who has tracks to move acoustic panels around, panels that have diffusion on one side, absorption on the other, anything to give me more options. I had thought about making my walls totally diffusive and have heavy curtains that I could pull across to make the room dead if that's what I need. I also remember seeing a thread where someone had made a track system so they could place their acoustic panels wherever they felt like which I thought was pretty cool. Anyone out there doing this kind of thing or who could point me to other threads on the topic?

Thanks.
Old 22nd January 2009
Gear Guru

🎧 15 years
Lightbulb

There are literally a million ways to do this, and which approach you choose depends directly on your budget. Curtains are not very good as absorbers because they're too thin. But very thick (and expensive) stage type curtains are okay if they're folded over and pleated etc. With some idea of your total budget, and the size of the room, I could be much more specific.

--Ethan
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…