Quantcast
Home Studio Build: Sharing my step by step build done by Professional Acoustic Engineers - Page 45 - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Home Studio Build: Sharing my step by step build done by Professional Acoustic Engineers
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle P. Gushue ➡️
Lol the hole is actually for Frank, when his kids find out their college fund was spent on his studio.
LOL they don't need to find out!
Old 6 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
As absurd as this thread already was many eons ago, it's hard to imagine it could get any more ridiculous - yet it did !

Frank, step back and use your common sense. Folks are now suggesting you dig a trench and bury your $17k monitors in the mud aimed at the sky. Tea anyone ? You bought the RICH MAN'S speakers bro ! You have a better chance of winning the lottery than those monitors being defective !!!

Like I said before, the ONLY test that matters to YOU the producer/engineer will be the one done at the MIX position. This is the cold, harsh, cruel sonic reality that you will be dealing with as you attempt to make mixes that don't to turn into schizophrenic mush the moment you step across the threshold of your studio door.

Last edited by sage691; 6 hours ago at 12:59 AM..
Old 3 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage691 ➡️
As absurd as this thread already was many eons ago, it's hard to imagine it could get any more ridiculous - yet it did !

Frank, step back and use your common sense. Folks are now suggesting you dig a trench and bury your $17k monitors in the mud aimed at the sky. Tea anyone ? You bought the RICH MAN'S speakers bro ! You have a better chance of winning the lottery than those monitors being defective !!!

Like I said before, the ONLY test that matters to YOU the producer/engineer will be the one done at the MIX position. This is the cold, harsh, cruel sonic reality that you will be dealing with as you attempt to make mixes that don't to turn into schizophrenic mush the moment you step across the threshold of your studio door.
I don't have data, but since my pops was an account manager for one of America's largest freight carriers (they own fedex as well), i know all about things getting damaged in shipping. It happens much more often than lottery wins.

Further my cousin was truck driver, and started out loading trucks, he told me they used to regularly toss packages and boxes around because it was faster than carrying them.

Think some 20$/hr (or less) worker cares at all about Franks speakers?

It's not just errors at the factory that are of concern.
📝 Reply