Quantcast
Acoustic panels for recording area as independent as possible from room sound (Vocals + A-Guitar) - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acoustic panels for recording area as independent as possible from room sound (Vocals + A-Guitar)
Old 5th January 2021
Here for the gear

Acoustic panels for recording area as independent as possible from room sound (Vocals + A-Guitar)

Hi there,

unfortunately, I cannot optimize my room acoustically. It is a very small room (13 square meter / 140 square feet) and I would now like to use 2-4 acoustic panels to improve the sound of my recordings.

Like this: https://youtu.be/qghqhyNIAVQ?t=502
Or like this: https://dt7v1i9vyp3mf.cloudfront.net...azCzAQ4Ekd.jpg

Since I can move the acoustic panels, I hope to become more independent from the room sound.

For the recordings, guitar and vocals are miked at the same time.

How should I proceed to build the right acoustic panels? Should I just use rock wool (14 cm / 5 inch) and be good? Everyone always seems to just talk about the effect of the material on the room acoustics, but I never read anything about the right material / thickness of the material when it comes to such "isolated" recording areas.

What type and how many acoustic panels of what size and material can help me the most in this specific use case?

I am very grateful for help!
Attached Thumbnails
Acoustic panels for recording area as independent as possible from room sound (Vocals + A-Guitar)-20130105_204925c_300.jpg   Acoustic panels for recording area as independent as possible from room sound (Vocals + A-Guitar)-20130105_230523b_300.jpg   Acoustic panels for recording area as independent as possible from room sound (Vocals + A-Guitar)-unbenannt.png  
Old 7th January 2021
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
"Gobos" will bring up a bunch of designs if you search it.
This post suggests a depth that would work for your case i think, getting down to 80hz will grab the open E string in standard tuning.

Can a 3' inch rockwool acoustic panel be used as bass trap

I would build enough to completely surround you or surround you 3/4 of the way around ie front and sides, and try and setup away from the walls, but not dead center of the room.
Old 7th January 2021
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle P. Gushue ➡️
"Gobos" will bring up a bunch of designs if you search it.
That is all in all such a helpful post for me!! Thank you very much @ Kyle P. Gushue
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…