Quantcast
Acoustic panels - Gearspace.com
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acoustic panels
Old 22nd December 2020
Here for the gear

Acoustic panels

Hey!

I have a few questions regarding absorption panels in my room. I have 3 1 inch thick fiber glass absorption panels from Grainger industrial supply. And also a bunch of 3 inch thick foam panels to work with. Both the foam panels and acoustic panels have an NRC rating of 0.75.

Now heres my questions. These panels are gonna be placed in the early reflection points. 2 on each side of me, and 1 on the ceiling. Would I wanna mount the acoustic foam to the absorption panels for more absorption or just work with the fiber glass absorption panels alone? Also, if I mount foam on the side absorption panels and don’t mount foam to the ceiling absorption panels, is that a problem? I can glue the foam to the ceiling panels but I’m hesitant because if they don’t glue on well the absorption panel will end up having nasty glue on them when I take them off.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearspace Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…