The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Knauf with foil backing or no backing?
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by avare ➡️
Echo and reverb are are two different things. Yes it needs to be fixed.
Oh yes right. I understand now. I was was saying reverb in my post but it’s echo we are talking about. How do we fix it?
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDNOOB ➡️
Oh yes right. I understand now. I was was saying reverb in my post but it’s echo we are talking about. How do we fix it?
There is a lot of surfaces for the creation of the echoes. I‘M pretty sure I need to put absorption across the corners on the back wall and maybe on the wall. I walked around and clapped more and actually the treated front sound quiet compared to the back of the room.
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
There is a lot of surfaces for the creation of the echoes. I‘M pretty sure I need to put absorption across the corners on the back wall and maybe on the wall. I walked around and clapped more and actually the treated front sound quiet compared to the back of the room.
Use some absorbers. 8" thick. Evenly distributed across the wall. Assuming they are 48" long, stagger them vertically.

Enjoy!
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by avare ➡️
Use some absorbers. 8" thick. Evenly distributed across the wall. Assuming they are 48" long, stagger them vertically.

Enjoy!
Thank you Avare! Will do! The only issue with that is there are five bike that would be infront of that 8” of SafeNSound. Would the bike be good as diffusion? Or I guess I could take them out when I’m mixing.
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Thank you Avare! Will do! The only issue with that is there are five bike that would be infront of that 8” of SafeNSound. Would the bike be good as diffusion? Or I guess I could take them out when I’m mixing.
Try it!
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Bikes are mostly air. Don't worry about it.
Gear Addict

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Oky doke. I'll have to wait and safe up a few bucks and do this in the new year. I'm thinking after measuring the panels I have made so far that I could actually put 8' of Safe N Sound in the reflection point panels instead of the Knauf 4" that is in there.

Same with the panels i put across the corners. I thought I could only put 6' in those but I think I can add another 2" to those.
Old 28th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

I made it to the end, thanks everyone for all the info!
📝 Reply